Sign in to follow this  
onzenuub

Going to buy a car to the watch

onzenuub

The Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Blancpain Edition, the newest super car from Sant'Agata Bolognese, merges raging bulls with watches to turn the Super Trofeo race series car into a road-legal vehicle.

Lamborghini's developed this latest variant of the seemingly-born-from-jets Gallardo with luxury watchmaker Blancpain, the title sponsor of the Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo series. As you'd expect from such a partnership, the LP 570-4 Blancpain Edition features design cues straight from the racer like the ginormous spoiler and engine cover for optimized ventilation.

5033539593_ca9ab84066_o.jpg

5034160494_17508dc4bd_o.jpg

The power output on this new version of the LP 570-4 hits the expected 570 HP, the same as the series Superleggera production car. But, thanks to the prodigious use of carbon fiber on the exterior and interior, drops the dry weight of the new Sant'Agata beast is a mere 2,954 lbs. That means a power-to-weight ratio of just 5.18 lbs per horse. And that means there's a lot less mass to motivate.

That pegs the 0-to-62 time at just 3.4 seconds and the 124 MPH mark of just 10.2 seconds.

Sure, it ain't the rumored Lamborghini Jota (which, you never know, could still show up given initial rumors told of two cars coming to Paris), but as far as special limited carbon fiber-covered editions go, it's sure better than a sharp stick to the eye.

5034160554_cfa677dbb2_o.jpg

5034160628_8a733b5575_o.jpg

Demsey

Oh. Sweet. Will you ever let your 23 year old daughter take it out? PM sent.

Luthier

Car of 22nd Century, indeed... GORGEOUS!!!

I also like 2012 Porsche 918 hybrid, 3.4-liter, 500-horsepower V8 amidships and two 109-hp electric traction motors on the front and rear axles (net hp: 720). Zero-to-60 mph in 3.2 seconds, 198 mph top speed, 78 miles per gallon.

porsche-918-press-007_gallery_image_large.jpg

Porsche-Spyder-918-Hybrid-4.jpg

porsche-918-press-004_gallery_image_large.jpg

porsche-918-press-006_gallery_image_large.jpg

porsche-918-press-003_gallery_image_large.jpg

mulder

I have not seen or heard of that Porsche before. Very sweet! Me likey very much.

PatronSaintofChainsaws

1) Blancpain? It needs "NO RADIATIONS" on the steering wheel!

2) It'll look just as cool on the road as it will sitting on a flatbed on it's way to the repair shop.

:thumbsup2:

GC

Now all I need to do is hit the California MEGA MILLIONS...

why was I blessed with expensive taste but cursed with a MacDonald's budget?

Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony!

marinamm20
I have not seen or heard of that Porsche before. Very sweet! Me likey very much.

seems like a remake of the iconic Porsche 718 RSK - looks cool

KBH

I'm finding the 500 HP and 78 mpg a little hard to swallow.

How come the Honda/Toyota/Ford/Chevy and all the rest can only get < 50 mpg with 1/4 the HP?

Silverspeed
I'm finding the 500 HP and 78 mpg a little hard to swallow.

How come the Honda/Toyota/Ford/Chevy and all the rest can only get < 50 mpg with 1/4 the HP?

all this green, eco, hybrid stuff is complete bullshit...no way that Porsche runs 78 mpg in real life

nowadays the greener the car...the greater the difference between real life mpg and type approval test mpg

The car's software can detect when a type approval test is being conducted...and thus changing the mixture to get the best

possible result...real life mpg is usually 25 - 30% more then the type approval mpg on the hybrids and eco cars

On the other hand, real life mpg on a big petrol engine cars are usually on par or even better then the type approval mpg

Member X

That porsche has monster sized batteries so can do pretty much the entire 'urban' section of the test cycles used to calculate CO2 emissions just using it's battery, and then the massive engine is used on the 'extra urban' part of the test where it can operate more efficiently than when trundling round town :D