Sign in to follow this  
Magic

Omega Speedmaster - Gen or Fake?

Magic

Guys,

Looking at this watch on eBay and was wondering if anyone can tell if this is real or fake?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400740793353

It says it is 100% authentic however it doesn't come with COSC or box etc by the looks of things.

Thanks

GardnerMS

I've seen this seller before.. never bought anything, and at first glance, I wasn't sure if it was a replica or not... Judging from the size *38mm", if it's genuine, I would theorize it's a Speedy Reduced...

But don't quote me on this..

mG

Magic

If it is a speedy reduces - what is the guide price for one of these? is £680 too much?

NMA

yes mate, that's a gen they call it "speedmater reduced" due it's size.

NMA

If it is a speedy reduces - what is the guide price for one of these? is £680 too much?

steel bracelet ones don't go cheaper than £700, you can find leather strap ones for £500-£600 depends on condition

Magic

Thanks guys - £696 delivered seems about right then.

austinsom

I'd be interested to know where he gets them all from, seems to have an awful lot :lol:

Realism

this is actually the low end of the pricing... i've seen these snapped up in WUS above 1K

Magic

this is actually the low end of the pricing... i've seen these snapped up in WUS above 1K

That makes me feel a lot better :)

I have paid for it so I will post some reviews and photos when it arrives.

Thanks again guys.

Realism

That makes me feel a lot better :)

I have paid for it so I will post some reviews and photos when it arrives.

Thanks again guys.

my only concern about these models are that they tend to come "over-polished" from the so called "services"... lugs usually are not as "sharp", and actually rounded edges... so watch out for that

NMA

I'd be interested to know where he gets them all from, seems to have an awful lot :lol:

they shill bid same watch till someone jumps on it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Realism

they shill bid same watch till someone jumps on it :lol: :lol: :lol:

that part stinks about ebay... you can never get a true great deal nowadays... friggin shillers

Pharmo

This is a genuine watch mate. The seller is well known to supply speedmaster on ebay for some time and he has good feedback on other watch forums. He sells in uk but is us based too - the only thing is if there is a problem with the watch it needs to go to US.

I too am on the lookout for a speedmaster reduced from him - but all the ones I want the bloody bids seem to go over £700-750

Pharmo

Btw - looking forward to plenty of pics when this arrives to you on Wednesday ;)

Magic
Btw - looking forward to plenty of pics when this arrives to you on Wednesday ;)

I will definitely post a review and pics mate... that way if you do buy one off him you'll know what to expect.

Thanks for the info... I'm much happier knowing I got it for £690 delivered now.

Pharmo

I will definitely post a review and pics mate... that way if you do buy one off him you'll know what to expect.

Thanks for the info... I'm much happier knowing I got it for £690 delivered now.

Anything less then £700 mate is definitely a great deal. Enjoy buddy :)

Mwhitetx

Nice snag. I have always loves speedies. Cant wait to see these pictures.

BC1221

yea. i almost bought one of his listings once.

this guy seems to have a unlimited supply of omegas.

i almost bid on a reduced speedy but then saw some of his neg feedback.

few people got watches that didnt work or needed service really bad (he lists them as inspected and serviced).

some had rusted parts.

overall he seems to have good feedback but with my luck, id be the one getting stuck with a movement rusted shut.

plus, he seems to use the same pics for most of his listings. i dont trust that.

i like a good deal as much as the next guy but for $1000+, id prefer to touch it and see it with my own eyes.

shame as his listings go for a steal sometimes.

saw one end at $900 once.

now thats a hell of a deal.

Magic

Right then...

Well I received the Omega Speedmaster Reduced this morning (Saturday) so it took just less than a week to arrive in the UK.

It came in a watch box (not an Omega box) and was well protected. My first impression was I was very impressed with the condition of this watch. There are no scratches or anything anywhere, even the bracelet is flawless. I have since fitted a Nato strap that I had ordered in advance however i'm now thinking of a black or brown leather instead.

Anyways - so far it is looking good, I will keep an eye on the time keeping but up til now the watch is working perfectly.

On to the pics! - the quality isn't great as my fiancee had stolen the SLR for the day so I had to make do with a compact.

DSC02530_zps0f4a4bb0.jpg

DSC02533_zps0916c59a.jpg

DSC02534_zps33677db7.jpg

DSC02535_zps92a3bbfa.jpg

DSC02536_zpsd60f09ae.jpg

DSC02541_zpsbe00b9a1.jpg

DSC02537_zpsa45a56de.jpg

DSC02543_zps2794a41e.jpg

DSC02551_zpsa3d8c0d8.jpg

DSC02548_zpsf221ab84.jpg

DSC02549_zps2fcab97a.jpg

DSC02546_zpsda108f7b.jpg

James.

Nice stiff, i like the quality of gen threads here lately.

Magic
y6eqamu5.jpg

randomguy101

Wow sweet gen! Although I think you will eventually sell this and buy the speedy pro :D

Magic
Wow sweet gen! Although I think you will eventually sell this and buy the speedy pro :D

Been thinking about it more and more each day haha

Yelow69

Getting closer to going gen at those prices