Sign in to follow this  
ReplicaRocketFish

Quartz vs. Automatic

ReplicaRocketFish

Hey everyone,

I have a preconceived notion that Quartz movements are often found on poor replicas...

I wouldn't mind having a quartz or 2 to be able to not worry about winding, or just not worry about the movement at all. I also wouldn't mind having a good quartz chrono that I could use often without worrying about reseting at the wrong position.

Does any1 have any Quartz watches that measure up to the quality of their ETA's? (when i say quality I mean how exact the rep is or how close to the Gen it is).

Thx in advance for the help!

Luthier

Here's my Quartzes, and I love all of them!!!

Breguet XXI

07-5.jpg

Concord C-1

Concord.jpg

Rare Breitling SuperOcean with double DW

DSCF0010-1.jpg

AP Ruben Barrichello

AP-223-4.jpg

TAG Carrera Calibre 36

DSCF0003-4.jpg

AO ROO, bought for my son

DSCF0067-1.jpg

Cartier, bought for my sweetheart

DSCF0125.jpg

BVLGARI Assioma, also for my girlfriend

DSCF0098.jpg

turnipz

http://www.omegawatches.com/gents/seamaste.../23110396102001

http://www.omegawatches.com/gents/seamaste.../23110396102001

These ones come in quartz it says, so I assume their quartz counterpart is the same. Though not having a ticking sound is nice I find, also people look at automatics with a lot more interest.

Edited by turnipz

mondeov6

Luth.... I like your taste in watches! :)

I have a couple of quartz watches that I think are all very nice, with an extra + for the AP/RB and the Tag Carrera Calibre 36.

Left to right...... IWC Aquatimer Edition Galapagos, TAG Carrera Calibre S, AP R. Barrichello, Omega Speedmaster M. Schumacher Edition

and TAG Carrera Calibre 36.

quartz.jpg

Akira
Here's my Quartzes, and I love all of them!!!

Concord C-1

Concord.jpg

AP Ruben Barrichello

AP-223-4.jpg

+1

Concord reps are great workmanship

i have an AP quartz too, dial isnt quite as the gen but quality is unbelievable

tempdsc1585.jpg

mspangl

that carrera is amazing luth.. how much was that and where did you get that from? :D

pollux1

Akira that AP is top notch, can I ask which seller has it? :D

Luthier
that carrera is amazing luth.. how much was that and where did you get that from? :D

About $40, picked up at the office of Weyman in Guangzhou.

It was few years ago, and I still in contact with him, great guy, and very honest. Best source for cheapies.

http://www.goec5.com/

Luthier

I got it from Mary, I think Akira too.

mspangl

It was few years ago, and I still in contact with him, great guy, and very honest. Best source for cheapies.

40 bucks WOW... thanks mate gonna get one

pollux1

Thanks Luth, may I ask how much mate?

Luthier

No idea, it was a birthday gift from Mary, we are very close friends.

Akira

If I remember it right it was about $130

but not quite sure

it is really awesome built

Tinstar

No idea, it was a birthday gift from Mary, we are very close friends.

I want to become a very close friend with Mary too!!!!!!

Luthier

Hehehe... dream on, bro...

:)

Tinstar

Hehehe... dream on, bro...

:lol:

C'mon Bro...don't be selfish!!!!!!!

Luthier

I spilled out my blood, being beaten ruthlessly, when I started to introduce Mary to this Forum, everyone called me "fucking shiller", didn't know, what they're missing. Then somebody took a risk, ordered a watch from her, and the madness started...

So, I deserved to be her friend. And she's wonderful person too.

:lol:

Bi-PolarBear
that carrera is amazing luth.. how much was that and where did you get that from? :lol:

How's his quality?

How come he's not on the vendor list?

Luthier

Quality is very good for cheapies, and I'm very happy with his watches. Just at that time, about 2 years ago, nobody looked up for cheapies, that's why I never introduced him as much as I introduced Mary. But a few our members bought a few watches from him, and were very pleased.

It was about 2 years ago...You can try him, and post the review. Now many guys here looking for cheapies.

Bi-PolarBear
Quality is very good for cheapies, and I'm very happy with his watches. Just at that time, about 2 years ago, nobody looked up for cheapies, that's why I never introduced him as much as I introduced Mary. But a few our members bought a few watches from him, and were very pleased.

It was about 2 years ago...You can try him, and post the review. Now many guys here looking for cheapies.

Thanks for the info. I wouldn't mind getting a mont blanc pen. Should be a good place for starter watches to work on. He sure has quite a selection.

Luthier

Well... Good luck!!!

Tinstar
I spilled out my blood, being beaten ruthlessly, when I started to introduce Mary to this Forum, everyone called me "fucking shiller", didn't know, what they're missing. Then somebody took a risk, ordered a watch from her, and the madness started...

So, I deserved to be her friend. And she's wonderful person too.

:P

Cool...glad things worked out. I have read nothing but good about Mary.

greg_r

Thanks for the info. I wouldn't mind getting a mont blanc pen. Should be a good place for starter watches to work on. He sure has quite a selection.

Don't bother with MB pen reps. They're crap. If you want a nice pen, go look at Graman's subforum: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...p?showforum=168

Elvis
that carrera is amazing luth.. how much was that and where did you get that from? :P

Call me stupid but how do you buy from his site? There seems to be no prices or 'buy' options.

greg_r
that carrera is amazing luth.. how much was that and where did you get that from? :P

How's his quality?

How come he's not on the vendor list?

Weyman is fine but really only for cheapies. Robbie from http://www.aobobuy.com/ is another dealer of the same ilk and there are a couple of others that I could mention of a similar sort. They're good for cheapies, not so good for the more expensive stuff. I've bought from both of those I've mentioned along with several others, but they're not officially trusted dealers here (our required standards for adding a dealer to the trusted list are very high). You need to manage your expectations - a cheapie isn't always going to be perfect and it may not be possible to sort it out if there is a problem. You should also be aware that if you order from this kind of dealer, you're on your own - the admin team here will not be able to help if something goes wrong. Having said that, I wouldn't anticipate problems.