Sign in to follow this  
ReplicaRocketFish

Quartz vs. Automatic

jmd33
Hey everyone,

I have a preconceived notion that Quartz movements are often found on poor replicas...

I wouldn't mind having a quartz or 2 to be able to not worry about winding, or just not worry about the movement at all. I also wouldn't mind having a good quartz chrono that I could use often without worrying about reseting at the wrong position.

Does any1 have any Quartz watches that measure up to the quality of their ETA's? (when i say quality I mean how exact the rep is or how close to the Gen it is).

Thx in advance for the help!

I prefer quartz watches too. Here's a quartz Santos I got from Hont over a year ago and a quartz Tag I got from another member. Both have ran great!!: [sorry for the crappy pics]

CameraPicturesPicture190.jpg

Tag2.jpg

Edited by jmd33

Bi-PolarBear
that carrera is amazing luth.. how much was that and where did you get that from? :thumbsup2:

About $40, picked up at the office of Weyman in Guangzhou.

It was few years ago, and I still in contact with him, great guy, and very honest. Best source for cheapies.

http://www.goec5.com/

40 bucks WOW... thanks mate gonna get one

How's his quality?

How come he's not on the vendor list?

Weyman is fine but really only for cheapies. Robbie from http://www.aobobuy.com/ is another dealer of the same ilk and there are a couple of others that I could mention of a similar sort. They're good for cheapies, not so good for the more expensive stuff. I've bought from both of those I've mentioned along with several others, but they're not officially trusted dealers here (our required standards for adding a dealer to the trusted list are very high). You need to manage your expectations - a cheapie isn't always going to be perfect and it may not be possible to sort it out if there is a problem. You should also be aware that if you order from this kind of dealer, you're on your own - the admin team here will not be able to help if something goes wrong. Having said that, I wouldn't anticipate problems.

Thanks for the info Greg. The cheapies like that just don't appeal to me at all. I'd rather spend a more money for a better experience. I'm gone with Mary for my first two and I'm gonna stick with her. I think kind of watches may be good starter watches to hone my watch dismantling/repair skills.

jcglobal

I've got an omega rep with quartz movement that I have not had to adjust the time on, in 9 months.

My 2813 autos I have to set every other 2 to 3 days. I don't know about the "asian valjiox's" as I never had the pleassure, but would expect them to be much more accurate based on the price.

I find the case quality the same btween quartz and auto as long as you are buying quality reps. The $25 ones are not good quality in my experience.

midasmook

9073th.jpg

My quartz APROO from Narikaa. Great weight and feel to this watch and only $68.