rmboy86

Is wandolec on Ebay actually selling real watches??

millionaire wannabe

I'd say they're all reps, though some look pretty convincing. Aged dials, possibly old movements, but the cases and crowns (notice that several, even multiple brands, of supposedly differing vintages, all have the SAME crown? ) are a big tell. Might be a very sophisticated scam?

rmboy86

Agreed bud, People see, to be buying them very quickly!

Surprised E-bay has not shut him down yet.

Some of the movements look very realistic / gen from old watches.

Dr. Jimmy

These are "marriage" watches. Pocket watch movements/dials put into new wristwatch cases.

zero_deficit

Yeah, nothing new. Essentially fantasy frankens I guess

Some of those movements look great, but remember they're inside 50-60mm cases

Higs

Understanding that they are what they are, I quite like some of them as watches in their own right.

Genius

Understanding that they are what they are, I quite like some of them as watches in their own right.

I do too! Think its a great fusion between old and new so you have a quality vintage movement and dial in a shiny new case. Also it means you can have a vintage watch but but as a modern oversized statement. For $7000 though I would have expected they use a sapphire crystal not mineral glass!

DR3M3L

I bet they sell real watches. If they are genuine watches or reps is a whole other discussion :D

stevok2305

He actually states on the listing they are 'marriage' watches. Nice pieces tho.

Frankt8242

I cannot imagine ANYBODY here being stupid enough to send money to the Ukraine these days......And we've got some really stupid folks here!!.... :help3: :help3:

:help3:

elp

I may be stupid enough .. i need a regulateur in my collection ....

RUSH2112
I cannot imagine ANYBODY here being stupid enough to send money to the Ukraine these days......And we've got some really stupid folks here!!.... :help3: :help3:

:help3:

Why? It's through PayPal and ebay and the seller has excellent and numerous feedback. We are always talking here about the PayPal siding with the buyers so not sure what the issue would be unless you feel like you're supporting their conflict.

Frankt8242

I may be stupid enough .. i need a regulateur in my collection ....

Just the phrase: "I need a regulateur" speaks volumes!!!

But at least you're "generously endowed"... :giggle: :giggle:

gtwc

I think some of them are really nice.

Plaudits to the seller.

nofitstate

The IWC he has for sale is very nice.

Wandolec

Hi friends,

If you have any questions regarding our production and sales, do not hesitate to contact me. That's why I'm here. Thank you.

Abhishek_zulu

Hi Wandolec, understand you sell marriage watches... old pocket watch movement fitted into newly made cases. My impression is that these movements are genuine- could you confirm? And more importantly, do these watches have any resale value? Where does one resell them again, if one wanted? 

RUSH2112
1 hour ago, Wandolec said:

Hi friends,

If you have any questions regarding our production and sales, do not hesitate to contact me. That's why I'm here. Thank you.

No offense, but I think  we will be a bit sceptical on if you are or are not the real deal.

maxmood
8 hours ago, RUSH2112 said:

No offense, but I think  we will be a bit sceptical on if you are or are not the real deal.

+1

was about to mention the same.. 

unless verified by a mod, i would refrain from dealing.

BadPickle
11 hours ago, Abhishek_zulu said:

Hi Wandolec, understand you sell marriage watches... old pocket watch movement fitted into newly made cases. My impression is that these movements are genuine- could you confirm? And more importantly, do these watches have any resale value? Where does one resell them again, if one wanted? 

:rofl:  am I dreaming here or is this an actual post??? :rofl: 

RUSH2112
17 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

:rofl:  am I dreaming here or is this an actual post??? :rofl: 

That's more likely to be real wandolec....

splke

:wtf:

Wandolec
On 9/8/2017 at 01:51, Abhishek_zulu said:

That's true, we make marriage watches as well as repair and restore watches. Sometimes it is the only way to save a nice watch mechanism. And of course they have resale value because at lease the genuine vintage mechanics. You know sometimes expensive old paintings need restoration and that restoration does not affect the price for the picture negatively.

On 9/8/2017 at 13:23, RUSH2112 said:

That's more likely to be real wandolec....

Any doubt? :-)

myaz

I refrained from posting because the thread is 3 years old but Wandolec joining a week ago changes this.

I bought  one of his watches a while back.  A pocket watch movement refitted into a fabricated case with a stunning custom dial.

Down side: I wish the crystal would be sapphire rather than plexi. The strap was crap but that's easily fixed.  the watch is noisier than normal as would be expected from an old movement. The "bidding" pattern on eBay was unusual.

Up side: It was as described and there were no misrepresentations. Communication and shipping was prompt and the watch works great. Bottom line, I'm very happy with a very unusual looking watch.

Wandolec may or may not have selling his creations here as a primary objective, therefore I hope he reads the guidelines.

Wandolec

Well, I can prove it :-) Say, at our website, if you're pleased :-) And sorry for late joining. You know at some time small businesses like ours need to go farther and be more flexible and customer friendly. So I started searching the net to see what people think about Wandolec and our products and to response to and be in touch with our customers. We are not ideal, of course, but we will try to do our best to help you to find something interesting and useful to you. Thank you, you are all great, so are we :-)