Sign in to follow this  
kennycoder

New Breitling Navitimer 01

kennycoder

I know there were plenty of reviews of the new navitimer 01, but I would like to share my observations.

First of all, I got mine from fengtony.. received it today btw.

I had a previous generation navi, and it might look that the changes are not that big to an untrained eye, but once you look closer, you will see that it's on a complete different level. Went to an AD here in Berlin to make a small comparison (sorry, wasn't allowed to take pics side by side) and we have the following:

1) AR is pretty much the same as on the gen.

2) DW font (black on black) is spot on.

3) Unfortunately we have a recessed DW due to 7750 modded movement. Also this makes the case about 2mm thicker than the gen.

4) Subdial spacing is not correct BUT if you look at the 2009 model that has white DW, the spacing is A-OK. (Pic for reference)

5) Ruler is aligned but the black lines don't touch the dial as on the gen.

6) Case, despite being thicker, looks 1:1.

7) Caseback is finally correct.. couldn't spot any differences.

8) I have mine on the leather strap with deployment clasp and it is spot on! Very good quality. Didn't have dep. clasp. to compare, but the strap is top notch and looks as solid as the gen. Has nothing to do with old batch of the "smells like old basement" ones.

9) The dial is amazing quality.

10) 21.6k bph movement... well.. second hand looks pretty smooth. Chrono runs a little bit rougher but I don't see it as a problem.

11) Rotor is decorated, looks very appealing.

Overall I wouldn't call it a super-duper-rep but the damn watch is so beautiful and so close to the gen! The biggest flaw for me is the recessed DW, but even having that, I would still buy it any time. Definitely a high grade watch.

And now a picture my Navi:

khGYHFC.jpg

entavio

That's a nice one dude.....

Pls more pics if possible

D_Chico

Nice review Kenny! I completely agree with you about everything you said in the review! I love my Navitimer 01 and the "issues" with it are so miniscule that it shouldn't keep anyone from buying it..personally I think people put too much emphasis on the sunken date window (I know you did for a while ;) glad you changed mind and bought it) ..I'm surprised that yours is 21600 bph..mine that I got from Josh at PC is 28800..but I'm sure it's probably not even noticeable because the sec sub dial is so small and I never run my chrono.. I think that having such a highbeat is only necessary for watches like Rolex where the second hand needs a nice sweep..well anyway.. Congrats on the new watch buddy! :clap: I know you've been contemplating getting it for a while..it sounds like you're glad you did ;) Enjoy it and take care!

D_Chico

Mine says HI btw :wave:

20140609_111850_zpsnsxlusr_edit_1402329037219_zpsabbxyhwh.jpg

Ishmael

Oh ya that's on the list. Anybody have a two tone with the bracelet? Like the basic SS but I get hypnotized by gold pretty easily...

kennycoder

I'm getting used to the sunken DW since the only plausible solution is to change the movement, dial, hands. etc... As for it being 21.6k, I've asked couple of TDs and they all told me that it's a typo on their websites since the 3-6-9 layout is usually only available on the 21.6k 7750 movements. But... that's just what I've been told, so not sure how accurate the info is.

Will take more pics tomorrow :)

@Ishmael, I think only the older model is available in two-tone variation. New 01 navi is only SS on a bracelet / leather.

Aviator

How's the quality of the SS bracelet?

tompen2405

Great piece.

Have to same, but the older version...

spider98

Very beautiful!

jwesencraft

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me - apologies for the 'floundering in the dark' tone that my message will inevitably carry. I've purchased a couple of reps but am entirely new to the forum...

I wish to buy a Navitimer01 and whilst both models look stunning, I prefer the one in black leather strap. However, on the likes of Trusty and Asian 7750 I can only find the newer rep in the steel bracelet.

Can you simply request when ordering to have it in a different bracelet, or do you have to separately order a bracelet.

My other question is related to delivery. I have only bought two watches previously and on each occasion have had them delivered to the US where I've been travelling to with work.

I'm based in Scotland and will be here for the foreseeable - is anyone aware of any particular issues with delivery to UK?

Thanks for your help

TK01

Just a beauty !

Akoo

Hi guys. I love this watch. What is the best movement you can buy them with?

mikeran

Nice!!!!

tim38

Hi guys very nice piece, may I ask what is the lume like?

Rolls-Man

Where can i procure that beauty?