Sign in to follow this  
Akira

German Customs

Akira

I remember a year ago, I bought my first rep from lawrence.

I totally forgot about the transaction, so I didnt tell anyone from this forum before.

Its was a Concord C1 with 21J faux chrono.

He sends his watches from malaysia via airmail and shipped it directly to Germany.

The first time the watch came through without even the parcel beeing openend...

I sent it back for repair some weeks later and as he reshipped it the 2nd time to me.

Interesting fact is:

I openend his parcel which was sealed and my watch was packed in bubble wrap labeled with "Zoll"

and there was duct tape around the bubble wrap labeled from the German costums too.

So they must have opened it, checked the watch and decided to pass it on?

What does it mean?

1st - They did know it was a fake, but why no problems with that fact?

2nd- If they didn't think it was fake just a click on google says that it costs more than $10k...no taxes?

So what was going on

dingle

Interesting. I sold my pam 183 to Atmos, sent to him in Germany and they opened it up. They confiscated the alligator straps, but did not even blink at the actual watch. He paid a few dollars to get the watch thru and that was it.

mspangl

german customs are as random as the austrians are.. ive ordered 3 watches from a scam site, 2 passed

today my 2 rollies of mark arrived.. gonna get them tomorrow, they didnt even check them.. so weird coz i was really scared to lose about 400 ish bucks

Luthier
german customs are as random as the austrians are.. ive ordered 3 watches from a scam site, 2 passed

today my 2 rollies of mark arrived.. gonna get them tomorrow, they didnt even check them.. so weird coz i was really scared to lose about 400 ish bucks

US Custom frequently open the parcels, and, practically, always let 'em go. Once they held my Chopard for a month, then I got it.

But if they'll see 4-5 watches of the same model, then know - it's for resale, then they will, probably, confiscate it.