Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo25

Is this "gen" ???? LV content

live1

criminal activity selling a rep as gen,and instant permanent ban across all the rep forums

everyone kneeewwwwwwwwwww... just a punt at the topic

lol yep exatly bro

myaz

Thanks for what we learn here. I was looking for a used Rollie gen for my wife and this dealer in NY had one. It turned out to be gen except it had the same funky font on the date wheel as the pic here. Turns out it was an overlay and he didn't disclose that even though he claimed to have serviced it. I would have never picked up on that without what we learn here. I ended up returning it because I could no longer thrust that dealer.

Ricardo25
why so worked up? again, did i just hit that nail on the head?

opening up the caseback will tell the final story... the reps won't have a good 3135

There are pics of the case open, but there's no guarantee it's the actual watch.....

So your saying it's gen? And I thought it was your mate? Sooo confused lol

and the unfolding begins

Unfold what? Your stupidity?!

wez

opening up the caseback will tell the final story... the reps won't have a good 3135

There are pics of the case open, but there's no guarantee it's the actual watch.....

and the unfolding begins

Dude just chill

Ricardo25

Have you read any of the thread? Just wondered!

wez

Have you read any of the thread? Just wondered!

I have read through the whole entire thread, yes :)

Realism

and the unfolding begins

:)

Ricardo25

Just a quick recap so you don't have to bother reading the thread as most commenters seem not to have....

Mate selling BM. His mate offers him LV in px. My mate asks me (as he knows I frequent here and RG) if I know or if I can check its real or not. I ask on here. Ii post pics. People ask for more pics. I show more. I get accused of selling said potential rep as genuine. People wonder why I'm annoyed my reputation is being sullied.

BC1221

Thanks for what we learn here. I was looking for a used Rollie gen for my wife and this dealer in NY had one. It turned out to be gen except it had the same funky font on the date wheel as the pic here. Turns out it was an overlay and he didn't disclose that even though he claimed to have serviced it. I would have never picked up on that without what we learn here. I ended up returning it because I could no longer thrust that dealer.

be careful on grey market subs without full documentation of all service done.

rolex will consider a watch counterfeit if it has a single non rolex part on it. (bezel insert, crown, a single gear..etc)

this is why ones with all the paperwork cost so much more.

live1

its fake,now just forget about it

live1

its not a potential rep,its a million percent rep and not all that good at that.it was good years ago when it came out

PhillyRock

Sadly, the OP is the only one who knows the true story and path behind the original question and we as readers only know what is told to us. We can't say for sure it was the OP trying to pass off a Rep for a Gen, nor can we say he isn't. The question was posed, and answered. It's a Fake. A nice rep. A discontinued version that some members here would most certainly buy.

Here is the point:

We as readers have to remember that we read things with emotion because there is none behind it. There is no vocal tone, everyone writes differently, and the written word is open for personal interpretation based upon feeling. If someone is feeling defensive, the same sentence will read differently to someone feeling offensive. Communication thru text isn't absolute. (that's why people go to school for 8 years to become a documentation and contract lawyer)

Hell, some things read humorous one moment, and raise hell the next without a single word being changed.

The question was answered.

He obviously isn't trying to sell it to anyone here as a Gen.

There is no reason anyone here should be saying anything at all other than it's Fake.

Cyril_Clunge
a02305a2f4d315024d42a5a76354590c.jpg

wez
a02305a2f4d315024d42a5a76354590c.jpg

LMFAO!

Hornet

Well, this is interesting :Thinking: ....

So the OPs friend (of a friend...) has been offered the watch (to who exactly isn't clear...) as p/x for a car, then it appears that it is OPs friend is asking for advice. OP get a comment he doesn't like and gets defensive, hmmm? The OP says that he's actually been sent the link to the photos directly from the seller, hmmm again? And then goes on to describe how he's the one being offered the watch......

.....all sounds a bit suspicious to me. Looks like Realism has hit the nail on the head!

live1

its pretty obvious what was happening here.with the initial question.

James.

Where'd the op go?

Hornet

Where'd the op go?

Back home to his mommy?

live1

he went to sell his fake watch as gen lol

Ricardo25

:-/

Hornet

Welcome back fella, how is it going?

subiim
Just a quick recap so you don't have to bother reading the thread as most commenters seem not to have....

Mate selling BM. His mate offers him LV in px. My mate asks me (as he knows I frequent here and RG) if I know or if I can check its real or not. I ask on here. Ii post pics. People ask for more pics. I show more. I get accused of selling said potential rep as genuine. People wonder why I'm annoyed my reputation is being sullied.

You got accused by one fucken noob. So what?

Ricardo25

Read the whole thread, there's more than one person making accusations.

Ricardo25

Where'd the op go?

Back home to his mommy?

Welcome back fella, how is it going?

:-/

fusion

OK, I’ll be the 1st to say I’m the least qualified to weigh in on this, but I had a few extra minutes while I wait for some paint to dry so here we are. Absent any interest in OP’s motivation or interests, this is why I would guess it’s not genuine (though that’s probably already been established using the same points of comparison). I’m a visual guy and find it helpful to see. The image on the right is a gen from the Rolex website which I would think is an actual photo rather than artist rendering.

OyRfrtm.jpg