Sign in to follow this  
nev848

When a 5 minute phone call costs you more than a Gen Brietling.

fraggle42

The second one I like, the first, a flat 2D picture viewed on my iPad probably gives me about a 5% feel for what it may be like, so unable to make a proper opinion on it.

From the piccy of the second one I get a little idea of the luster and depth in it.

Personally I'd never spend a lot on art.

Having said that I've just bought three paintings, two of very light white / sand colored roses and one of a zebra. Cost me £25 for all three...

James.

The 2nd one looks like a crime scene photo

PhillyRock

Watches and art have A LOT in common.

1). It's all about taste and opinion

2). Each watch/Painting means something to someone

3). It's all about the mood or setting where it will be seen/shown

4). One minute you love it, the next .....not so much.

5). The most important thing they have in common : Watches and Art are Expensive as HELL!!! ........At least for the good ones.

Hornet

They don't tell you the time and you can't wear them on your wrist!!

Apart from that they are lovely.

BadPickle
Nice pick-up Nev (as the parlance is here), these are something, which, if you appreciate them, will enhance the quality of your life.

Cheers OB. To be honest I look at this more than the TV. Due to the deep lacquer and multiple layers it constantly changes through out the day.

Here is the first piece of hers we got. This will pair up with the new one.

955919679d23d9348dcbdd46aa134ea7_zpsfe9cd028.jpg

Its upside down mate :lol:

Seriously tho, nice mate, I'm not an abstract fan myself, but if that's your thing then its nice work. You can see the feeling and expression put into this piece, even tho photobucket has taken the sting out of it, its still there. I prefer the other myself, there's something magical about it. :) plus.... Who needs a chopard anyway....

All that said, still a artyfairywhore :lmao:

rusky27

If a painting gives you joy and satisfaction then that is the important point of art in my opinion not the price tag.

I'm at the other end of the spectrum and just started painting again. (after a 20 odd year break since art school) I got back into it through going to art classes for the autistic girl I'm a carer for, and realised it's what you get out of making the art not what it's supposed or not to look like -

- it's inspired me no end and it's a great process sometimes frustrating but ultimately rewarding.

I just recently sold this Hare painting although I'm never gonna be in the league of your artist, it payed for a great day out in Glasgow, cocktails and beers and a nice restuarant for 2 felt great!

For you to Enjoy your peice as much as the artist did when she finally completed it is where it's at, in my book, pleased for you mate.5aqezane.jpg

Edited by rusky27

Hornet

My mother is a professional painter, so is my sister, dad and brother have artistic leanings with their professions....

....me, an engineer so no talent in that direction, but I do like art. Prefer more traditional paintings....

20140727_124508_zpsig1rggzr.jpg

rusky27

....me, an engineer so no talent in that direction.. Engineering is a massive talent mate!

Different medium but still creative, turning draftsmans drawing into actual objects or structures that actually work and fit purpose is no mean feat!

Edited by rusky27

Hornet

....me, an engineer so no talent in that direction.. Engineering is a massive talent mate!

Different medium but still creative turning draftsmans drawing into actual objects or structures that actually work is no mean feat!

Why thank you Rusky27! I really meant no talent for painting!

rusky27

Hehe

not_finbar

Great thread. I think collecting art and collecting watches are a good compliment to one another.

I recently acquired a limited edition print by an artist I've admired for almost the past twenty years. I'll take a picture and post it.

Griffo

I'm not a huge art fan, but those look fantastic. Enjoy them :)

neil

Awesome Nev, I'm surprised ( I guess I shouldn't be) at how many art lovers we have in this community. Watches are art and the same reason why people are drawn to different pieces are the same reasons why people like different expressions of art too. I'm an artist myself and paint abstract as well as normal stuff and I can never pick out which one of my paintings will appeal to which person! Enjoy them I'm sure you can stare for ages and pick out new details you never even saw at first.

Robvs

I would have bought a replica painting, but apparently that's my nature. Some of you too. Lol