Sign in to follow this  
dullidulli

Scammer on chrono24?

dullidulli

I'm looking for a gen AP ROO Navy and thus searching thru chrono24.com

Found this one:

http://www.chrono24.com/en/audemarspiguet/audemars-piguet-royal-oak-offshore-navy--id2861071.htm?dosearch=true&goal_suggest=1&query=audemars+navy&resultview=list&searchexplain=1&sortorder=1&dosearch=true&urlSubpath=/search/index.htm

Must be a fake: date too far on the right, dial colour, pushers, aso. Even the deployant clasp has the hole.

It is a trusted seller on chrono24, but ...

What do you think?

zero_deficit

Yup, definitely a rep. They might've gotten scammed themselves when they bought the watch to be sold as used

D_Chico

It might not be the actual watch that they're selling.. I know chrono24 and sometimes the sellers use "stock" photos.. If you're interested just email the buyer and ask for photos of the actual watch..chrono24 definitely doesn't deal with just anyone to be a trusted seller..I think this is just a mistake on the sellers part and they googled the watch in a pinch for quick pics and used the first un-water marked photos they could find..I'm sure if you're truly interested that the seller will help provide whatever you need for authenticity.. Trusted sellers on chrono24 cannot sell anything without the proper documentation..

Good luck! Keep us posted on what you find out :)

Left Coast Guy

Yeah, I've found most times Chrono24 doesn't use photos of the actually watch you'll be buying. I don't get how that's even allowed, but feel like it happens all the time.

zero_deficit

Oh that's news to me. Even gen forums don't require pretty simple things like tagged photos. We have a pretty solid sales system if you think about it

Niles

Ive heard too many horror stories about chrono24 - Everything from frankens being sold as gens to straight up reps being sold. Personally I stick to trusted sellers on the gen fora or just bite the bullet and go to an ad when I'm looking for gens. It just isnt worth the risk to save a few bucks.

Realism

^ Niles FTW here... Seller reputations comes first before the watch/ the price

Left Coast Guy

I've been looking at gen Speedmasters for a bit, so reached out to Sellers on Chrono24 for more pics, and every time (if I actually got a response....) the pics showed more wear than the photo. Pretty much anytime the cover photo shows is a lightbox photo (i.e. all white background) its a stock photo.

Realism

I've been looking at gen Speedmasters for a bit, so reached out to Sellers on Chrono24 for more pics, and every time (if I actually got a response....) the pics showed more wear than the photo. Pretty much anytime the cover photo shows is a lightbox photo (i.e. all white background) its a stock photo.

pricing wise... they are fair but certainly not a screaming BUY... use watchrecon for speedy... they are a pretty common watch

dullidulli

So best is if interested in a watch to visit the seller and have a look at the watch instead of buying via internet.

Btw seller has another navy on chrono24 for sale which seams to be gen.

According to his homepage he seems to be an expert so I am quite sure he knows what he is doing.

baxter

My god ... the full works here with a hole in the clasp to top it off ...... the price is about £ 3-4,000 under what it should be as well .............. private listings on C24 have to have two pics set to the same time as the clock face provided but not " trusted sellers/dealers apparently ??

There are too many pics of this watch for it to be anything other than the one on offer.... whichever way round

replicastuff

it looks like proper dealer as welll and not a private seller

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

As dullidulli said... same dealer has another which appears to be gen... for 11k....

https://www.chrono24...--id2745484.htm

Chrono 24 will pretty much accept anyone who pays to be a "Trusted seller" and offer NO warranties whatsoever ....

Be afraid of this seller... very afraid... funnily enough no box and papers in the pics of the 10k one...

Although 2008... as Baxter said it's a few grand under priced.....

Think this dealer may have been stung and is looking for a way out... pusher colour all wrong and surprise surprise .. it's an 'F" for fake series like most of the earlier Noob 42mm versions were

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Dulliydulliy... I have a very good AD .... PM me if you want to know any more....

I have bought three AP ROO gens there...in the last 18 monthss

you may be surprised....

I msgd that dealer... interesting to see if he gets back to me

trailboss99

Reported via RWI Twitter.

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Little Bas...tard has got it on ebay as well..... for 998€ more as well....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380954840789

REPORTED to ebay

Also reported to Chrono 24 via email

onelund

Little Bas...tard has got it on ebay as well..... for 998€ more as well....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380954840789

REPORTED to ebay

done the same

frikkin bastards scammers everywere

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Added this watch to my Chrono24 notepad, so lets see if they do anything to take this listing down....

Or are they just like ebay

Just emailed Chrono 24 again and told them i've emailed AP as well with the listing details..

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

nice one Chrono24... swift and decisive ... Ebay should take note

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your message.

You have indicated that you wish to report this watch as suspicious.

We have investigated your comments and deactivated this advert.

Thank you very much for your support.

Best regards,

Your Chrono24 Team

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

and it's down off ebay as well... quite quickly....

IF YOU TELL EBAY IT HAS BEEN REPORTED TO AP OR THE MANUFACTURER... THEY SEEM TO TAKE IT SERIOUSLY....

WONDER WHY !!!!

trailboss99

and it's down off ebay as well... quite quickly....

IF YOU TELL EBAY IT HAS BEEN REPORTED TO AP OR THE MANUFACTURER... THEY SEEM TO TAKE IT SERIOUSLY....

WONDER WHY !!!!

Oh yes, always inform them that the maker has been informed. It makes the pulldown that much faster.

Barbra2013

I'm looking for a gen AP ROO Navy and thus searching thru chrono24.com

Found this one:

http://www.chrono24....earch/index.htm

Must be a fake: date too far on the right, dial colour, pushers, aso. Even the deployant clasp has the hole.

It is a trusted seller on chrono24, but ...

What do you think?

My husband buy n' sells gen watches for many years... and he says "It's always SOMETHING with the Italian sold watches", that is fake parts, or totally fake, or whatever... but very rarly the watch is as described. In EU you should stick to German, Austrian an UK dealers. Those I can recommend you (my husbands nr.1 top dealers, 100% trusted) are

Juwelier Burger, fron Netherlands

Juwelier Rieger, Germany

Uhrenworld, Germany

CologneWatchCenter, Germany

These are 100% trusted big time dealers in 2nd hand and new high end watches. All of them have in stock multi million dollars worth of 2nd hand watch. They would never risk their business and the service is superb. Allways full oney back guarantee whatever you are not satisfied with (you don't even have to explain it). In Germnay and The Netherlands a 2nd hand dealer in high end watches must give the buyer 1 year warranty of the movement. You feel very safe, and that is why som many people arund the world choose to buy from those 2 countries. You are always protected!

We have bought watches from all mentioned dealers, and I guarantee with my name they are 100% legit and honest.

Rgds

Barbra

dullidulli

Thank you Barb for this information, very helpful indeed.