Sign in to follow this  
daveb33

Hi people, My Introduction by Dave B...

daveb33

Hey guys and girls. Dave B here, been checking the site out for a while now, thought that it was time to say hi!

Love watches and unfortunately I currently dont own any nice timepieces at the moment as I have a habit of selling them to pay for other things in life -my first watch was a Breitling Colt that I sold to get my sleeve tattoo finished (wish I never), Then I had a Breitling Superocean Steel Fish that I sold to get some money towards my wifes engagement ring and then I had a Rolex Datejustin stainless steel that i sold to get funds to put towards a wedding!

Anyways, I have a small window before my wife wants to have children that I can get myself a watch before they come along, saying that, I have just purchased a 16234 datejust case complete with sapphire crystal, white gold fluted bezel and I have a white stick/track dial to go with it.

Im gonna make a franken for 3 main reasons to ensure that I keep it

1 - the time and effort put into it would not allow me to part with it

2 - the fact that it is franken will mean that I cant just take it to a pawnbrokers/online auction site and sell for anywhere near as much as an original

3 - Its about time I had a nice watch as I have just turned 31!

Anyways, just saying hi to everyone so I dont just jump into peoples threads without people having the slightest clue who I am!

Any questions, I will happily answer, Right Im off to search the Franken Datejust threads!

Thanks all,

Dave