Sign in to follow this  
WAGS2161

Panerai watches

WAGS2161

Hi, I am new to this site and hope for some help. I have been looking endlessly for good Panerai Rep dealer. Everywhere I look on the net I find nothing but scams. From reading alot of the threads here the name BK keeps coming up for Panerai. I am located in the US and I want a good rep Panerai. If anyone could help and let me know how I can contact BK. Tx ..Jim

Luthier

BK - Panerai??? I doubt you really read "a lot of the threads here"...

You need Robert (PrestigeWatchCompany).

And, please... go to our Trusted Dealers List first.

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...hp?showtopic=60

And, oh, yeah... Welcome to the Forum!

:lol:

WAGS2161
BK - Panerai??? I doubt you really read "a lot of the threads here"...

You need Robert (PrestigeWatchCompany).

And, please... go to our Trusted Dealers List first.

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...hp?showtopic=60

And, oh, yeah... Welcome to the Forum!

:P

apologize.. I was reading the trusted dealer list. Bk caught my eye because he was in the US. Have you dealt with Robert before or anyone you personally know. I don't mind price as long as the quality is there..Tx Jim

Luthier

Jim, Robert is the most respected dealer here, hard to find a member, who didn't buy watches from him.

Our 2 most popular dealers are Robert and Mary (Watchinternational). Both are simply the best.

Good luck!

WAGS2161
Jim, Robert is the most respected dealer here, hard to find a member, who didn't buy watches from him.

Our 2 most popular dealers are Robert and Mary (Watchinternational). Both are simply the best.

Good luck!

Thanks for not being to hard on me for the questions. I own a few Rolex, Mont Blanc and Tag watches. I bought a rolex rep which turned out to be ok..Because I love watches I need to buy reps because I would prob sell my home for a watch. I want a quality watch but I have read alot of threads on how they market the reps with swiss or japanese movements and u pay extra but still end up with the same movements . any suggestions on what movement to get in a rep watch? thanks for any help.

Luthier

Jim, there's no such a thing, like "japanese movements" in replicas. All mechanical movements are made or in Switzerland, or in China.

Most used mov't for low priced reps is 21J and hundreds of it's modifications. It beats with 21,600 bph, we call it low beat mov't. This mov't is mostly reliable, and if something wrong - cheaper to replace it (it cost $7-$12), than repair it.

Then we have Swiss ETA, 2824 and 2836 models, it's high beat movements, 28,800 bph. Seconds hand moves very smoothly, unlike low beat movements, where seconds hand is not SO smooth, but OK anyway.

Next in line are Asian clones of these ETA movements, so-called Asian ETA. Very good movements, practically identical in quality to Swiss ETA, especially, if properly lubed and cleaned up. Most Asian ETAs don't need any service from the beginning, they work just great.

Also there's Asian 23J mov't, with Power Reserve, look on IWC Big Pilot. Great movement!!!

And, there's a few handwind movements, used in Panerai, IWC, and few other replicas.

If your budget allows - better buy reps with Swiss ETA. Stay away from Rolex 3135 copy, it's crap.

Chrono movements. Here's A7750, high beat mov't, widely used in practically all brands, from PAMs to Breitlings, reliable movement, just stay away from modifications, like seconds @6 or seconds @12 (A7750 has seconds @9). Also, few handwind movements has chrono function.

You can use SEARCH button, you'll find many useful info on movements, I'm not a person, who knows everything about movements, just simpliest things.

Read this first:

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...hp?showtopic=39

AllergyDoc

Good Panerai reps can be bought from most of our dealers. I guess "good" is subjective.

Here's one I bought from robert a year or so ago:

3580448338_5d49f2d4aa_o.jpg

3579636653_89e5fe132c_o.jpg

It was great for $99 + shipping. I had it relumed. I wore it today on a different strap. It has the Asian movement, which is great.

I bought this from Getat:

4495539638_22657db54b_o.jpg

Not a Panerai, but close. About $115 delivered. I paid an extra $6 for Superlume. :P

I bought this from a dealer on RWI, Hont:

3514645422_c69311edc2_o.jpg

About $115. the strap was $40.

Luthier

Doc, I like all 3, and if Radiomir wouldn't have these tiny wire lugs... I'd jump on it in a heartbeat.

Just gorgeous!

WAGS2161
Doc, I like all 3, and if Radiomir wouldn't have these tiny wire lugs... I'd jump on it in a heartbeat.

Just gorgeous!

Thanks guys i really appreciatte your help. Im looking at Roberts pictures of his Panerai watches now. Just so many to choose from. On the movements what would be better the 21j or the 7750 movement. On roberts Panerai 088 "K" I belive he has a choice on movement any thoughts would be great. Also his prices seem low compared to these othe rep sites I have looked at. Most Panerai reps with swiss movmnt were upwards of 500-700 dollars, What gives? thanks again

WAGS2161

Just gorgeous!

Thanks guys i really appreciatte your help. Im looking at Roberts pictures of his Panerai watches now. Just so many to choose from. On the movements what would be better the 21j or the 7750 movement. On roberts Panerai 088 "K" I belive he has a choice on movement any thoughts would be great. Also his prices seem low compared to these othe rep sites I have looked at. Most Panerai reps with swiss movmnt were upwards of 500-700 dollars, What gives? thanks again

By the way Allergy very nice watch. love the pics

greg_r

WAGS:

If you want the most reliable, pick a model that uses the 6497 handwind movement (asian or swiss - doesn't matter). It's basically the same movement as used in many of the traditional handwind gen Panerais and is pretty much bombproof.

For more info on movements see here: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=6930

and here: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=6101

Member X

Just gorgeous!

I think the first thing you need to do is ignore everything you have read on 'other' sites - the majority will be, to be blunt, bollocks. They are designed to lull you into a false sense of security and think you are buying quality, whereas you will be buying overpriced junk, in the main!

Stick to the trusted dealers on here and you won't go wrong. And if anything does go wrong, you will be able to resolve it with them or, in a worst case, through this board. Any 'other' site will take your money then never be contactable again!

Robert (PrestigeWatchCo) is an excellent seller if you want good quality at low price. He doesn't take any nonsense as he's too busy to answer lots of questions, so ask anything you might want to know here and we will help :huh:

Or, if you want a dealer to guide you through the purchase process, go with Mary (WatchInternational) or Lay (ReplicaMake) as they are happy to talk 'noobs' through the buying experience :D

WAGS2161

Just gorgeous!

I think the first thing you need to do is ignore everything you have read on 'other' sites - the majority will be, to be blunt, bollocks. They are designed to lull you into a false sense of security and think you are buying quality, whereas you will be buying overpriced junk, in the main!

Stick to the trusted dealers on here and you won't go wrong. And if anything does go wrong, you will be able to resolve it with them or, in a worst case, through this board. Any 'other' site will take your money then never be contactable again!

Robert (PrestigeWatchCo) is an excellent seller if you want good quality at low price. He doesn't take any nonsense as he's too busy to answer lots of questions, so ask anything you might want to know here and we will help :thumbsup:

Or, if you want a dealer to guide you through the purchase process, go with Mary (WatchInternational) or Lay (ReplicaMake) as they are happy to talk 'noobs' through the buying experience :)

OK thanks.. I saw several photos of a Rolex DSSD.. Was that Roberts work and if so how exactly do I go about ordering from him. I also want the Panerai watch that I saw photos of in his forum.. Can I use a crdeit card with him? I am located in the US and a shocked at his low prices compared to the 700 I was going to spend on a Panerai with "SWISS " movement. before I found this site,,WHEW..Also does anyone know if his DSSD or his Panerai watches are waterproof. not planning on swimming with it but I work outside in the crappy weather quite often..Thank u all for the help

greg_r

Yes, Robert takes credit cards and can supply a couple of different versions of the DSSD.

It's worth getting ANY watch pressure tested before getting it too wet - your local mall watch repairer can probably do that for you. However, most watches should stand up to getting rained on (at least in my experience).