Sign in to follow this  
slkylucifer

Have anyone experienced water seepage inside their replica watch yet?

slkylucifer

Have anyone of u experience water seepage while putting ur replica watch under running water?

midasmook
Have anyone of u experience water seepage while putting ur replica watch under running water?

No, because I would never put it under running water.

ImWatchingYOU

Could anyone explain to a non english lad the meaning of "water seepage" ?

TAGster

I´ve tested three of my reps and none has ever had water seepage. I think some reps are, let´s say "light" water proof/resistant, which means you can put the watch under running water and will not show seepage, also some reps has a better water resistant capabilites and you can even swim with it but obviously not to dive.

I´ve swam with this reps and never had any issue: Hublot big bang, PAM 112 and Rolex Sub.

It is just a matter of being brave enough to take the risk and put your rep under running water praying it has some water resistant capability.

Cheers!

dingle

kinda like anal seepage.........only water :lol:

Silverspeed

anal seepage?? .....you mean a pugwash ?

dingle

kinda like anal seepage.........only water :)

anal seepage?? .....you mean a pugwash ?

:lol:

where is pugwash?.....he has been MIA for a while now.......

TAGster

For water you can consider it as synonym of "leak".

TAGster

a.k.a "diarrhea" a.k.a "moctezuma´s revenge" :)

markeym3

Ha Ha these links always end up with toilet humour ,,, nice one guys,, a mate of mine kept hassleing me for my planet ocean , nice watch, so in the end he had it off me , asked loadsa questions bla bla , he said is it waterproof , i said not sure but dont risk it , maybe have it waterproofed , so any way he went on holiday and went swimming in the sea with it , watch stopped , and moaned at me , said it has planet ocean written on the back so it must be waterproof, what an idiot, so had it back off him and good old brightlight is gonna work his magic on it for me ,,, theres no telling some folk eh , wants a £80 watch to be be like the £2500 original ,,, so no I wouldnt risk any watch in the water ...

KBH

Most diver's watches like a PO should be somewhat water resistand but you MUST, at minimum, make the effort to insure the seals are in place, lubricated and the case back, crown and HE valve are tightly closed before getting it wet. If it's one you really care about it a pressure test is also necessary.

JoeyB

I waterproof mine as outlined by RolexAddict and have yet to have a single failure. That includes a lot of water sports in Hawaii. His article is stickied here:RolexAddict Waterproofing

slkylucifer
I waterproof mine as outlined by RolexAddict and have yet to have a single failure. That includes a lot of water sports in Hawaii. His article is stickied here:RolexAddict Waterproofing

I wouldn't actually swim with my replica watch-to-be but after days n weeks of wearing, dirt n sweat will accumulate at the caseback n rubber strap so occasional washing is needed to make it clean. By the way, i am intending to purchase the AP Royal Oak replica from Replicamake, he did mentioned 30 metres water resistant, hope it is true. :thumbsup:

Member X

If you need to clean a rep, do it with a damp cotton wool bud or something similar!

You shouldn't need to submerse the watch head for any reason (IMO), and if the bracelet is a bit gunked up you can take it off and soak just the bracelet in something like washing up liquid, or use one of those jewellery cleaner bath things.

Putting reps underwater without re-doing all the seals and pressure testing them is asking for trouble!

Waipio Jeff

I have a DSSD that Speedy waterproofed. It has gone swimming and snorkeling many times and I dove with it to 40 ft in Hawaii last week.

I have a PO Chrono waterproofed by WBK that has fished and snorkeled many times including the recent HI trip.

I have a PAM 194 and a Breitling SOH both from SEAD who waterproofed them. Both have gone underwater with no problems. Sead even said if they leak at all just send em back for replacement.

Waiting on my Yellow Seawold from Toro who greased and pressure checked it too. I have no worries that it will not be a daily water watch as well.

Of course i also have many reps that will never get near water.

Vector

kinda like anal seepage.........only water ;)

Isnt that called "douching" :D