Sign in to follow this  
AND1

Rep Dealer Advice

AND1

All:

Really impressed with the amount of amassed knowledge in the forums - absolutely brilliant!

Looking to make my first rep purchase. Have been fortunate enough to have owned a few gens, but after have one stolen and one damaged (and unrepairable) it decide to try reps.

I'd like to buy an Omega (Seamaster or Ocean Planet), Tag Heuer (Grand Carrera Calibre 17), IWC Regulator or Portuguese and maybe a Panerai.

From the trusted dealer list all seems to deliver great pre and after-sales service, any advice on the which trusted dealer delivers a better quality pieces? Or which can reliably expedite shipping via courier. Wondered if this is really a level playing field and it comes down to price and relationship.

Any advice would be very helpful and appreciated.

Thanks all!!

scope

All of the trusted dealers are great. For a first time buy I would recommend Mary at Watchinternational. If

it's out there she can find it. Just remember it takes time and all the trusted dealers are quite busy. ;)

trailboss99

Yeah mate, it basicly comes down to price, service and relationship.

For example if all you need to do is order, pay and wait PrestigeWatchCo is the man for best prices but if you need to ask a lot

of questions, expect perfect after sales service and a website to chose from or need a particular watch that's hard to get then pay a little more and go with Lay (replicamake) or Mary (watchinternational). Want a good cheapie? Then Lawrence at HouseOfSouvenirs is the guy to go for. Live in an EU country with tough to get past customs? Then you need Narikaa. Homage your thing? Then it's time to head over to GetAt. Want a Rolex as close to gen as possible and don't mind paying? Then bklm1234 is your man. Want the best possible price on a Rolex Sub? Timesshops.

All the others fit in there somewhere and it just depends on what watch/service/relationship with your dealer you want/need. Most of them source from exactly the same places so with the exception of bklm the watches are mostly the same tho there are many different models of some watches so it pays to ask in the forum if you aren't exactly sure.

Regards, Col.

AND1

For example if all you need to do is order, pay and wait PrestigeWatchCo is the man for best prices but if you need to ask a lot

of questions, expect perfect after sales service and a website to chose from or need a particular watch that's hard to get then pay a little more and go with Lay (replicamake) or Mary (watchinternational). Want a good cheapie? Then Lawrence at HouseOfSouvenirs is the guy to go for. Live in an EU country with tough to get past customs? Then you need Narikaa. Homage your thing? Then it's time to head over to GetAt. Want a Rolex as close to gen as possible and don't mind paying? Then bklm1234 is your man. Want the best possible price on a Rolex Sub? Timesshops.

All the others fit in there somewhere and it just depends on what watch/service/relationship with your dealer you want/need. Most of them source from exactly the same places so with the exception of bklm the watches are mostly the same tho there are many different models of some watches so it pays to ask in the forum if you aren't exactly sure.

Regards, Col.

Thanks Scope and Trailboss99 - appreciate the attention. I'll be placing my first order shortly

Cheers,

AND1

Conex

Regards, Col.

Fantastic advice there. Thank you. I am only just starting out on my quest for glory after having owned a few gens (GMT Master II and a Tag Monaco) and having them stolen. Whilst I love a gen, I also love the idea of being able to have about 20 beautiful looking watches for the same price of a gen sub haha and not minding so much if it gets stolen, scratched a bit or lost. Thanks again for the great advice. I am presently dealing with Mary and she has been great so far. And Narikaa was awesome too.

Member X

Regards, Col.

That needs to be stickied as a "Who should I buy my first watch from?" thread :D