Sign in to follow this  
Cobra GT

newb from new orleans

Cobra GT

Hello everyone, I am new to the site. I am in the New Orleans area and am 47 years old and am not really new to time pieces but I have always been intrigued by them. I started looking at watches online last week and was lured in by cheap prices and good deals. I bought a watch on worldofwatches.com a little over $100 and I think I got a deal. I am not so sure because I have not received it yet but I should get it this week. I have been researching watch vendors online and looking at replicas and there are a lot of vendors that look reputable and a lot that are not. Of course I have been looking at the replica Rolex’s and others and hope I can gain the knowledge in make a good purchase of replicas and brand name watches here. I don’t know if I can repair watches but I would like to learn. I am mechanically inclined and have no problem spending money on tools and what ever I need to get the job done. I am a racer from way back and I know I can build race cars and bike just not sure about watches. So I joined the forum and look forward to jumping in and learning what I can from you guys, thanks.

Luthier

Welcome to the forum, Cobra!

Don't forget to post the pics of the watch you bought!

Brightlight

Welcome Cobra! To repair watches you need three things, firstly mechanical aptitude and familiarity with tools, watches (at least the non chrono ones) are fairly simple mechanisms when compared with for example an auto box, secondly tools and the ability to use them and work with very small and fine parts through a loupe or some other form of magnification, and thirdly practice. Good luck and enjoy it's a very satisfying thing:D

trailboss99

Hi again, I'm everywhere ain't I? ;)

Col.

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse ;)