Sign in to follow this  
Bacardi.

Hi this real or a replica

kennycoder

Strap not real? You mean like photoshopped? Defenately the watch is real, I guess it's not easy to make a 3D render this real :giggle:

As for being genuine, looks like some kind of a franken to me. From what I know 1155 movement is very similar to 7750 but this one looks quite "asian" to me with omega rotor.

EDIT: Ok after some research this does seem to be gen. Cal 1155 is indeed very 7750-ish. Good acquisition!

2hot2trot

There are many more guys on here that know a hell of a lot more than me, but in my opinion that is 100% GEN. Great catch mate and enjoy!

2hot2trot

I think I will get my coat! :salute:

Realism

pretty noticeable dings at that price... no uh... wouldnt have bought it

Bacardi.

I know about the dings, I was going to send it off and get it refinished (hopefully getting most out).

As for it being a franken there is another on the bay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251607375408 which looks the same which leeds me to think it was not a franken.

BC1221

def real.

ive yet to see a rep with serial numbers engraved on the movement

if its a franken, its one hell of a franken.

i wouldnt worry. thats a beautiful watch.

good buy.

i wouldnt get it polished. i think it looks great as is.

watches look better with a few scars imo.

id maybe get a new crown but thats about it.

Edited by BC1221

RichardMiami

looks gen seller has 916 reviews of which 100% are positive.

You have probably gotten a bargain! Enjoy.

And no, I would not polish it either. Vintage watches should be kept in vintage condition - other than a service to the movement.

Proctor
looks gen seller has 916 reviews of which 100% are positive.

You have probably gotten a bargain! Enjoy.

And no, I would not polish it either. Vintage watches should be kept in vintage condition - other than a service to the movement.

+1 congrats and welcome

JSJ

Very interesting post, thanks. I'm no expert either but that movement looks very crisp indeed for a rep.

I agree about the polishing too. I wouldn't bother. It looks great as it is to me. Macro pics always make things like scratches looks worse - which is why I think that movement looks gen. Take pictures like that of most rep movements and they would look like they were made of cream cheese.

Well done mate!

jdog

Congrats on the purchase. But personally I think it's a bit silly asking that AFTER buying. But hey, to each is own.

Bacardi.
Congrats on the purchase. But personally I think it's a bit silly asking that AFTER buying. But hey, to each is own.

I know what you mean, but I did that once before on a forum. After I had posted it someone else from thread outbid me.

I just wanted some info so if it looked like a replica I could start a ebay case before the time ran out.

Wriggles

Seems genuine but no mention of box or papers which is something I'd generally expect to see.

Based on model number on inside of the caseback it would appear to be one of those specials for the Japanese market. Calibre1155 is a plain old ETA7750 with Omega rotor.

The only thing that looks odd is the case back, seems to have two different model numbers on the inside, both of which were japanese specials. And the serial on the caseback does not match the serial on the movement so possibly not the original caseback.

Just my conclusions based on some research.

http://chronomaddox.com/omega/tables/mr/speedy_history_cm.html

herb

I have no knowledge to add on the watch, however I know a lot about ebay policies, having been on both sides of disputes over the years.

I would be comfortable buying something like this and then taking to a dealer to verify authenticity. If it does not check out, you would have no problem returning it, and Paypal would refund your money directly. As long as the seller represented that it was gen, he is bound by this.

Bacardi.

I would be comfortable buying something like this and then taking to a dealer to verify authenticity. If it does not check out, you would have no problem returning it, and Paypal would refund your money directly. As long as the seller represented that it was gen, he is bound by this.

That's why I posted after buying.

With regard to the numbers in the caseback, I have seen others with two numbers in. However should the number on the outside of the back match the number on the movement?

masmannan

expect to pay a small fortune in duty and import taxes.

good purchases.

gtwc

Looks good (and a good buy at the price) to me.

Stunning macro pics.

:giggle: