Sign in to follow this  
Arrow269

177 Gen vs. Rep

Arrow269

Just sold my broken 177 and before I shipped it out I was requested to shoot a few pics with my gen. The rep is the one without the second hand...

Apologies for the crappy pictures, I don't have a high end camera. Just my iphone.

I'll tell you one thing - there definitely is something to owning a gen. The rep is close, and I'm even sure there are better (I believe it's from Josh at Perfect Clones) but the gen is well... perfect.

photo1_zpsb47d5da3.jpgphoto2_zps38437504.jpgphoto3_zps9e0ab0be.jpgphoto4_zpseaa28e6f.jpg

TheInthusiest

Good stuff!

Thanks for this!

Kleintito

one of my favorites

NFleischer

Probably H Factory, looks very good. The Noob may be a bit better, especially the crown guards and crown.

I have a K Series, again quite good.006.jpg

Yelow69

Gotta get me a PAM

pilch23

"The gen is perfect" ........ermmmmmmm

dfq23

DSC_0058_zpsa81f01b0.jpg

Got the new updated noob P series couple of days ago. Very happy with it but you can scratch the titanium by looking at it too hard!

Seand83

How is weight compared to the Rep?

myaz

Thanks, it's always such a treat to have a gen and rep side by side. For how that rep looks and how much it costs, my money's on the rep on this one.

And in spite of that, deep down, no matter how close, it is hard to compete with the internal feeling of having the gen.

Arrow269

Weight is a little heavier than the gen. On its own, it looked great. But next to gen and in person, it's kinda bleh

Thanks, it's always such a treat to have a gen and rep side by side. For how that rep looks and how much it costs, my money's on the rep on this one.

And in spite of that, deep down, no matter how close, it is hard to compete with the internal feeling of having the gen.

Don't get me wrong - the rep looks great. But a gens a gen.

Seand83

Weight is a little heavier than the gen. On its own, it looked great. But next to gen and in person, it's kinda bleh

I gotcha. Thanks for the info.

Phantom5

jeeez you would need hawk eyes to tell them apart, really good rep but glad you got a gen there, fair play

perry

There is no doubt nothing bests the gen. However every H factory pam I've ever had has been a let down. Never has that real gen look or level of perfection. Noob however is three steps above H factory in these regards. Buy noob or KW and you will have a much closer to gen feel and look.

Arrow269
jeeez you would need hawk eyes to tell them apart, really good rep but glad you got a gen there, fair play

Thanks. But not in person. Oddly enough, the two main things off are the font boldness and the depth of the sandwich dial

myaz

Totally agree. All gens are real close to the gen. We've had a number of members that have slowly gone to the dark, sorry, gen side and that's an indisputable personal choice.

And in cases where the rep is so close, and with what we learn on RWG, you'd think one would seek out a gen that is not easily repped....says the man who's has 2 gens that you would have a hard time to tell from a rep.

Arrow269

Totally agree. All gens are real close to the gen. We've had a number of members that have slowly gone to the dark, sorry, gen side and that's an indisputable personal choice.

And in cases where the rep is so close, and with what we learn on RWG, you'd think one would seek out a gen that is not easily repped....says the man who's has 2 gens that you would have a hard time to tell from a rep.

I didn't buy a gen with anything regarding reps etc. on my mind.

It's because I love the watch and I got a great deal on it. Simple as that. Doesn't matter to me if there are great reps of it.