Sign in to follow this  
Pentax

Solid gold Rep

Pentax

We hear about them from time to time but has any one ever seen it live or own one? Would love to see some Picts of a Rolex Rep with solid gold parts or full gold model!

Edited by Pentax

Silverspeed

I'm sure there are solid gold reps available, even today....but don't think there is much point for the dealers

to offer these on the fora....there is a lot of risk in sending a full gold rep, custom seizure, custom theft etc....

plus at the current gold price of about €30 per gram....a solid gold rep is going to be very expensive...I'd guess around €10.000,-

....very doubtful there is a market for them on the fora....

Pentax

Are you sure that it would cost 10K ? even if it would cost 10k the price of a real gold rolex is about 27K that is 17K more that is still a very big difference. I travel a lot to China and have many meetings with factory owners. I notice many times that they wear DJ Reps of solid gold, the noticeable part is that the Asian gold is kind of brownish so you can see that it's a rep! I came into contact with some hong kong guy Jewellery and Watches and he offered to Mille me out a Sub casing out of 18K gold for about 4,5K. I can't believe that you can't find solid gold or TT reps it just does not sound right!

I made a big mistake in 2008 I found a used rolex watch shop in Singapore they had a solid gold 18K sub for 10K and I did not buy it!

Never the less if any one has any idea were I can find TT solid gold Submariner PM me

Silverspeed

From what I know the best Rolex reps (1:1) are made or sourced from Vietnam, and pretty sure there will also be solid 18k gold versions

I'd assume these will not be easily found as they're made for the gen grey-market...

Pentax

Sorry for me asking what is Gen Grey Market!

Silverspeed
Sorry for me asking what is Gen Grey Market!

grey market is where the unauthorized dealers sell

gen = genuine watches

alligoat

Solid gold reps are around. The dealers can get them, but the biggest hassle is getting them shipped to your country safely. If you want a TT sub, it would be pretty easy to get one from BK and then add the solid gold parts like the bezel and bracelet. That wouldn't even be that expensive. You also might keep an eye out on VRM- vintage Rolex market- for a bracelet or possibly a bezel. Wholesaleoutlet990 probably carries a solid gold sub bezel.

And if you're in Hong Kong, you kust have to keep asking around. Maybe meet up w/ some of the dealers from the rep forums while you're there. Good luck

Pentax

Aligoat

Thanks for your kind post, through my long search I have found a contact in Hong Kong and ordered a solid gold president I will probably have some pictures early next week before he ships the watch.

Thanks