Sign in to follow this  
GenTLe

7750 rotor spins back instead of charge the mainspring

GenTLe

Hi Experts :)

So I've this nice Omega SMP chrono, received last Monday.

I noticed that, when worn, the power reserve goes quickly. I also noticed that this doesn't happen if the watch is manually wound and left sitting on a table.

The click is working normally, because the manual winding doesn't make the crown to be pushed anticlockwise.

So I've opened its case back, thinking ti could be a loose rotor screw prolblem, but instead I've seen that the rotor is correctly placed, and rotate freely in one direction (normal, as the a7750 autowinds in one direction only), and that rotating the rotor in the other direction correctly transfer the movement to the barrel. BUT leaving the rotor after I made it to rotate 3 or 4 rounds in the winding direction, makes it to rotate back releasing the power...

Am I wrong thinking that the problem could be in this part here (taken from Francisco's tutorial)?

3326805248_09a427e6a9.jpg

What else could it be?

I'd like to know a bit more before trying to fix it.

Thanks, GenTLe

Odyseus

Reversing gear, knackered????

10:10 Watch Repair

that's where you start, yes.

SSTEEL

Thats right, usually dirty, or gummed up will cause this problem, try cleaning that gear.

Cynikal.Mindset

if that click is short or broken like in many a7750 it will just allow the rotor to freewheel backwards, ETA replacement will work fine or to get you going back in business quickly you can give it a gentle bend to engage the gear again so it keep tension on the gear.

this can be done without removing the winding bridge since there is a nice peek hole right at the engagement point.

GenTLe

I think I managed to fix it. Following Francisco's tutorial.

But I definitively lost my place in paradise, because I don't know how much I cursed to mount the autowinding bridge...

Now another problem: I took the movement out of the case and, after, I found on the table a small metallic cylinder and I'm NOT getting where does it come from... Have to check the quick date setting pusher (it is a 7753)... Midnight here. Time to sleep. Tomorrow I'll try to find out...