Sign in to follow this  
ReplicaRocketFish

Nightwatch Homages

ReplicaRocketFish

Any1 know this guy? Seems to have some pretty serious and robust Pam Homage / Reps. He does some nice vintage pieces, with some of the best dials I've ever seen. Seems like he uses really nice reliable movements and even mods cases to accommodate these movements.

http://www.vintagewatchparts.co.uk/index.php?id=95

Let me know if any of u have gotten a watch from him or just your thoughts on the guy!

Thx everyone

bob bean

NW is a highly talented and amazingly resourceful watch modder and builder.

His work is some of the best there is out there.

Not only he highly trusted he is also a trusted dealer on our board with his own section.

Feel confident dealing with him.

BB

ReplicaRocketFish

I completely missed that he had a section here! I searched around the internet for hours to find someone who could get me a tan colored pam. I ended up searching through tons of Homage forums and such... LOL

Thanks for the quick reply!

I'll send him a pm

bob bean

Are you after a whole watch or just the dial?

ReplicaRocketFish

The whole thing! I wish I could build my own... A possible future hobby for me

ReplicaRocketFish

I saw this pic on the Passion 2010 blog and wanted one badly... I think Nightwatch could be the man

IMG_3479_meeting.jpg

bob bean

A beauty. One day I must get a 6152 no-CG brown faded dial from him.

Just gotta save up the pennies ;)

Page33PaneraiRef6152.jpg

Member X

I'm sure I've seen that exact dial from the Passion 2010 pics posted by nightwatch!

I've asked him about a 3646 1936 Cali build as I LOVE the 3646 that Merlin on homageforum has done using some of his parts, but my fears about needing to stretch to 4 figures for his 'ultimate' work were correct ;) lol

bob bean

4 figures is almost definitely what your looking at for a full build.

But he is a real artisan, just take a look at his Egiziano Project using an Angelus 190cal. Pure genius.

Member X

I was pricing up A6497 and missing arty bits off but somehow it just feels wrong to go for the 'that'll do' option lol

I think I will have to buy up parts then have a go and hope for the best...

sconehead

...last I heard, there's a 3 month waiting list for him to build you a watch...:)

deja123

whats a price of such a vintage watch?

sconehead
I'm sure I've seen that exact dial from the Passion 2010 pics posted by nightwatch!

I've asked him about a 3646 1936 Cali build as I LOVE the 3646 that Merlin on homageforum has done using some of his parts, but my fears about needing to stretch to 4 figures for his 'ultimate' work were correct :) lol

You can get the watch head, caseback, crown and plexi for around $300, maybe less, a southy dial for $60, Oka hands for 30-40 euros dependent on the movement used (molly $30-$70, Cortebert 285-350 euro) a nice Bob Bean custom strap for $120-$150 'ish.

Getting the parts bit by bit spreads the cost and bingo, you've got a watch like Merlins. DIY of course but that's half the fun...:rofl:

andygt

What I was planning to do was buy the dsn 6154 for $280 complete with Rolex engraved Molnija and swap the dial for one I have from ross mcsherry. Total cost $330 :)

sconehead

That works too mate...be aware though, I think DSN uses the later, as we tend to call it, 3603 molly with the notched crown screw...

Member X

Notched Crown Screw?

I have no idea what that means ;) lol

Thanks for the headsup on the prices though, sconey :rofl:

$600 is much more reasonable, and would mean I can put my toolkit of Col to good use :D