Sign in to follow this  
nathanchau22

Your comment and suggestion - My first Rep Pam 029

nathanchau22

Hi everyone, new member from Hong Kong. I am going to get my first pam rep and looking for a very "gen liked" "accurate" and "minimal" flaw rep ( as i know very rep should have thier own flaw but looking for one minimal or non notiable model. i have been studing hard for the subject matter from RWG and other well know rep forum. it narrowed down my chooice to - Noob M Pam 029 V2 Best edition.

The result is only based on forum member comments and review, i do not exactly know the reason why this rep consider as the best accurate rep. Therefore i really need your expertise and comment on this matter ( i know own study is important, i believe i have tried my best and your insight from expert shall be grate help).

1)What are the common flaws on 029 ?

2)Which is the most accurate version at the moment?( Noob V2 M serise ?)

3)How can i distinguish Noob V1 or V2 version ? and is there is " V2 improved version?

4)After oder, from QC pic wht should i look in to detail in order to make sure the rep is the best latest edition?

5) Rubber strap / leather strap which is most gen liked choose ?

6) Do you think Pam029 is best choice based on my criteria ?

P.S. after my syudy i short listed 3 models are very very accurate PAM V2 N 243, PAM 292 J N, PAM V2 029 N. another good suggestions? There are so so so ,many modelsssss, versionssss and factoriesss.. difficult for beginner =P

Thank you very much for your time, your comment and suggestion would greatly appreciated !

THx Thx Thx

Nathan

nathanchau22

Hey - Proctor , I have studied the ALE Pam reference guide already, regarding Pam 029 it dont have detail enough information on ( wht are major flow, how to distinguish V1 / V2 etc ... ) Sorry to say so... it is compehansive guide book but would like to learn more

ALE7575

Hi Natham

Firstly, thanks for reading PAM GUIDE

PAM 020 is a very good choice. Most likely is the most accurate rep PAM ever made

All reps have flaws but when these flaws are the same for all reps of the same type we are avoiding the comments. We can say that PAM 029 Noob V2 has no specific flaws and for this reason you have no comments about the flaws.

Of course PAM 029 has the same flaws of all reps with Luminor case 44mm. You can read the complete review about Luminor cases here:

PAM Luminor 44mm CASE-SETS - Noob vs. KW vs. H maker - ALE-Klockis Review

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=150417

In RWG is:

PAM Luminor 44mm CASE-SETS - Noob vs. KW vs. H maker - ALE-Klockis Review

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=56032&pid=932572&st=0entry932572

In this review you can see the Luminor cases are no perfect

Rep crystal is not as clear as gen, and Cyclops has more distortion and more whitish (or frozen) halo than gen. Although PAM 029 Noob has one of the best Cyclops in reps.

Crown guard is not as good finished as gen and the lever working is less smooth and much less consistent

Caseback is not as deeply and nicely engraved

Hands are not as sharp, defined and clean as gen

Cannon pinion in rep is good but not as flat and well polished

Lug screws are not so perfect in reps

Dial of V2 is already almost perfect because V1 had a bit different fonts (that is the difference). Lume is very similar too but, usually, lasts less time than gen lume

Of course the movement is not as reliable as gen (even the “Swiss” version)

Anyway this rep is clearly over the average not only of PAMs but in relation with all rep market

As commented in Pam GUIDE the Last ultimate version is Noob V2. Anyway dealers sold many time ago all stocks of V1 and you will get only V2 at this moment from dealers.

Noob Rubber strap is almost like gen but you will need to buy a custom aftermarket strap to get the best of this nice watch

For more info a more reps read again Pam GUIDE

Good luck

ALE

Edited by ALE7575

jwalt

You will like the PAM 029

mcgrath

Does anyone have problem with the markers km the Pam029 bezel? Will it fade easily?