Sign in to follow this  
rontej0226

Rep Nomos Tangente?

rontej0226

Hi everyone,

I've tried contacting several Approved vendors, but have had no luck finding the Nomos Tangente. Does anyone know which vendor may have this watch? If not, what are some my other alternatives? I'm looking for a watch to wear to work (business casual). I currently wear the Omega LMPO.

Other watches i am considering are:

• IWC Portuguese White/Brown
  • Patek Phillippe Nautilus White/Brown
  • Nomos tangente
  • IWC FA Jones
  • IWC Portifino
  • IWC Mark XVII SS
  • Sinn Klassik
  • Patek Phillippe Nautilus
  • Patek Philippe Calastrava
  • Cartier Santos V6 from Toro
  • Skagen Klassik
  • Patek Phillippe PP10016 Perpetual Calendar
  • Montdaine
  • Stuhrling Original

What are your thoughts?

Cannibal

IIRC Andrew at Trusty has them.

rontej0226

IIRC Andrew at Trusty has them.

Hi Cannibal,

I just tried with Andrew. He says that the factory doesn't have any in stock.

Daywatch

IWC Portuguese chrono has the problem with secs at six, the Fa. Jones is a reliable 6497 movement and handwound (very nice) and maybe the best quality/price relationship available ($118-$128) it will just need another strap. I would be well too with the (expensive) Sellitta Nautilus or the Santos, maybe the Portofino or the Laureus. Depending on the office my favourite allround watch became the Tudor Blackbay.

IWC-FAJones_10240112.jpg

IWC1024-Ll_0116.jpg

rontej0226

IWC Portuguese chrono has the problem with secs at six, the Fa. Jones is a reliable 6497 movement and handwound (very nice) and maybe the best quality/price relationship available ($118-$128) it will just need another strap. I would be well too with the (expensive) Sellitta Nautilus or the Santos, maybe the Portofino or the Laureus. Depending on the office my favourite allround watch became the Tudor Blackbay.

IWC-FAJones_10240112.jpg

IWC1024-Ll_0116.jpg

Thank you for the detailed post. I do like the Blackbay, but would like to stick to leather watches or Nautilus. You bring up a good point with the Portuguese. Let me research the FA Jones. I've heard about it before in these forums. Seems to be very popular.

ellistyle1

I've searched high and low—no nomos reps or be found. If I am mistaken, please buy one for me. I'll pay you back...

Wriggles

No longer made, get a Rodina instead

Oh, and maybe stick to reviews in the review section, not questions

rontej0226

I apologize, did not realize that the brands section was for reviews only. Thanks for the suggestion on the Rodina. Did not realize that existed! Thanks.

Wriggles

I apologize, did not realize that the brands section was for reviews only. Thanks for the suggestion on the Rodina. Did not realize that existed! Thanks.

Bit of a giveaway when the section is called "Replica reviews Brand by Brand" :)

No apology needed, just posting here doesn't always get it noticed and answered as quickly.

Rodina is lovely, have one myself, lovely little watch for small money. Only difference vs the Nomos rep is the name

rontej0226

Bit of a giveaway when the section is called "Replica reviews Brand by Brand" :)

No apology needed, just posting here doesn't always get it noticed and answered as quickly.

Rodina is lovely, have one myself, lovely little watch for small money. Only difference vs the Nomos rep is the name

lol, that's something I missed. I was in the heat of the moment, in search of this watch.