Sign in to follow this  
bosko

Some thoughts on the age old noobs vs experts issue

nyckid

5. NOOBS SUBSIDISE YOUR WATCHES. Noobs are the lifeblood of this hobby…

I liked you until you wrote this piece of shite..

When a guys that spends thousands on reps, reads something like this, is not like he's going to hold hands with you and sing Koombayah. M'kay

mshklovskiy

but which one of the sites has the best Planet ocean?

nyckid

he-called-me-a-noob-i-called-him-an-ambulance.jpg

:lmao:

StormyNight

Has anyone got a spare 5 minutes I could have? I've just wasted mine reading this fucking shit.

Baldrick
But yes some folk are a bit harsh

Good God......heaven forbid that I should be thought of as one of the harsh ones :(

MetalMickey

Is the opposite of noob an 'expert'? Surely it's an 'oldb'?

nyckid
But yes some folk are a bit harsh

Good God......heaven forbid that I should be thought of as one of the harsh ones :(

You, B? Nah mate!

You're such a teddy bear :ahw:

Kip Retro

So I'm automatically thought badly of because I'm a noob, regardless of my posts? I'm detecting a lot of clique-ism in here; maybe that's what is wanted by the staff. I say we leave the slams to Jeter and refrain from the not-one-of-us posts.

"You may look like we do

Talk like we do

But you know how it is

You're not one of us"

~Peter Gabriel

Cyril_Clunge

There's no clique-ism here, it's just that some make more of an effort to fit in. When I joined I read just about everything on the site, not only did I learn a lot about reps, I picked up on how to behave here and got a handle on the personalities. When I started posting I didn't get flamed or abused, i contributed and got accepted very quicky.

It's not rocket science having a good time here, just don't be a fucking moron or claim to be an expert after 2 days.

RUSH2112

Not everyone asked dumb questions when they were a noob. Some noobs know watches but not how reps work so they can be experts to a point.

JohnG

just don't be a fucking moron or claim to be an expert after 2 days.

Well things would get pretty boring here if all the noobs took that advice. :rofl:

Cyril_Clunge

just don't be a fucking moron or claim to be an expert after 2 days.

Well things would get pretty boring here if all the noobs took that advice. :rofl:

I agree entirely, but it's not a scenario we're ever likely to face given that the ratio of new noobs who become established, respected members to those who are whiny little tossers is 1:2,000 :D

mielur

lol they never search always ask questions lol also in the the chat lolol noobs

Not Quite Dead

Has anyone got a spare 5 minutes I could have? I've just wasted mine reading this fucking shit.

Yep I can provide that Vic I have just "serviced" an 007 Omega and it is doing at least 2 hours per hour so how much do you need?

kevin123

I think there are just as many keyboard warriors as noobs. I would love to see some of these sarcastic know it all's in real life.

I just imagine them as sad sad people who get a little kick out of knowing more about a replica watch than someone who has just joined. Woopie doo well done you!

Spread love not your bad attitude!

kevin123

5. NOOBS SUBSIDISE YOUR WATCHES. Noobs are the lifeblood of this hobby. Their one off or yearly or whatever purchases make it possible for the hard working TDs to turn a profit. Without the noobs, catering to the hardcore only might not make financial sense to our beloved TDs. No noobs could mean no TDs.

You are talking utter bollocks. Where is your research to back-up this claim, you fuckwit? Audit the TDs accounts do you?

FFS :facepalm:

Who needs comments like this? did your mother never tell you if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything

Cyril_Clunge

I think there are just as many keyboard warriors as noobs. I would love to see some of these sarcastic know it all's in real life.

I just imagine them as sad sad people who get a little kick out of knowing more about a replica watch than someone who has just joined. Woopie doo well done you!

Yeah, like those keyboard warriors who call people pricks.

Warm inside your glass house is it?

Nisv

Are you still pissed off?

kevin123

Ha Ha

well sling me in jail and throw away the key.

Not pissed off at all

Just see a lot of bashing like the quote above

P4GTR

There's no clique-ism here, it's just that some make more of an effort to fit in. When I joined I read just about everything on the site, not only did I learn a lot about reps, I picked up on how to behave here and got a handle on the personalities. When I started posting I didn't get flamed or abused, i contributed and got accepted very quicky.

It's not rocket science having a good time here, just don't be a fucking moron or claim to be an expert after 2 days.

Completely agree, +1. There are so many members here. Just being polite and nice, using proper grammar, being funny... Participating... That would easily allow anyone to become a regular IMO. This forum has always been one of the most friendly and supportive watch sites on the net.

People that give noobs a hard time unnecessarily are the ones that are least welcome IMO. Give me a friendly participating noob over a cocky know it all any day.

Kcore

OK, I posted " give peace a chance" on page 1 of this thread but now I'll get down to brass tacks -

When I first joined this friggin nut house 18 months ago anyone and I mean anyone who wrote a "Why aren't we kind or nice to Noobs"'would have had a second, third, or fourth asshole ripped for them! And not necessarily with rusty rebar either.

Just what the fuck has happened here? Where did all this civilization come from? This forum was known for some pretty heavy handed and raunchy shit. Of course all was in good fun but many took a heavy beating. The tough stayed while the thin skinned fled tails between their legs. The ones that stayed have become very good positive contributors.

As has been said many times before, the roasting and toasting of noobs is not just good sport, it's a right of passage. Weeding out the weak in the herd. Yep, herd mentality for sure, but it's been good enough and effective enough in nature. It works.

This forum has a uniqueness. RWG is a one of a kind. This forum and our brotherhood/ sisterhood has time & time shown it's strength by coming to the call for help of its brothers & sisters. And yes, we're unique in we can readily and easily post, FUCK, SHIT, DOUCHE BAG, PRICK, CUNT, etc, etc. try that on RWI or the Geek and you'll be jumped on in a split second with this is a family fuckin forum ( no offense to you Col).

OK, rant done

_DC_
Is the opposite of noob an 'expert'? Surely it's an 'oldb'?

:rofl:

This guy....... he can stay too!!

DC

Hornet

keyboard_warriors__assemble__by_rosemorelli-d4nkmlg.jpg

_DC_

I still feel like a noob when I'm talking to members from way before I joined, and the funny thing is they've always been members for the same amount of time more than me..... I just can't catch up lol!

But then sometimes I feel like and "oldb" giving out advice and I get drunk on power and start shouting at everyone to buy a Nautilus and never buy anything over 40mm ever haha, stupid noobs :rofl:

DC

Hornet

I still feel like a noob when I'm talking to members from way before I joined, and the funny thing is they've always been members for the same amount of time more than me..... I just can't catch up lol!

But then sometimes I feel like and "oldb" giving out advice and I get drunk on power and start shouting at everyone to buy a Nautilus and never buy anything over 40mm ever haha, stupid noobs :rofl:

DC

Spot on there DC, I know how you feel......