Sign in to follow this  
andygt

Panerai PAM339 Radiomir Composite Marina Militare

andygt

Although I've been bitten with the Panerai bug ever since buying my first 111H a while back (isn't that always the way?), I've never been a huge fan of the Radiomirs.

At least I wasn't until I saw pictures of the 339 - the combination of what Panerai terms the composite case (ceramic to you and me), the vintage look of the luminova and the brown dial really does add up to a stunning looking watch.

The only rep I'd seen of the 339 was a cheapo from Watcheden which looked like it had been used as a suppository due to the shit brown nature of its case coating.

The gen under certain light does have a faint brown colouring but nothing that looks like last nights curry.

So when Robert posted that he had a new 339 incoming I knew my Radiomir cherry was about to be busted open like a virgin on prom night...

IMG_0769-1.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0764.jpg

The ceramic case looks fantastic - no brown hint to it but looks close enough to most of the gen pictures out there.

I'm pretty sure that the crystal isn't sapphire but at $129 who gives a fuck. Certainly not enough of a fuck to spunk $15000 on the gen anyway :D

The dial lume in the light doesn't look as yellow as I first though - not quite the same as the vintage lume seen on the real thing but it compliments the tobacco dial very nicely.

However a special mention must be made about the lume when it's doing it's real job at night - this is the best rep lume I've seen so far - shot after a few seconds charge with a 40w bulb and in reality it's much brighter than the photo:

IMG_0775.jpg

I managed to find a wrist shot that had been posted by a lucky genuine pam339 owner and made a wrist shot of my own that was as close to this as possible to make a nice comparrison:

Gen

genpam339-1.jpg

Rep

IMG_0781.jpg

*The strap on my 339 is a Wotancraft Egiziano as it was the closest to the gen strap I had to hand - its 24mm but I think it suits the watch anyway :)

bigbossa

Yeah I know what you mean I have Panerai fever too :D Man thats a lovely watch ...very tempted myself. Enjoy!

Aren

Andy...it's beautiful, and

oops, there went my prom dress!

andygt

Glad to be of assistance, Arenaria! :D

AllergyDoc

Now I have to order one.

GC

Now that's a good look'n PAM...

Enjoy it often Andy!

prestigewatchco

These are very nice and the quality is great. I wish I had ordered more of the bloody things to tell the truth.

PatronSaintofChainsaws

Allow me to be the asshole for a second: So the most obvious tells appears to be the curvature of the case (gen is more square), finish on the crown, and the bezel/dial on the rep looks about 1mm or so larger in diameter. No doubt that there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth amongst the PAM-rep faithful.

It looks nice enough that these points don't really matter too much so long as you're happy with it. I'm betting that you'll get compliments on it the first week out :D

prestigewatchco
Allow me to be the asshole for a second: So the most obvious tells appears to be the curvature of the case (gen is more square), finish on the crown, and the bezel/dial on the rep looks about 1mm or so larger in diameter. No doubt that there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth amongst the PAM-rep faithful.

It looks nice enough that these points don't really matter too much so long as you're happy with it. I'm betting that you'll get compliments on it the first week out :D

The question you need to ask yourself PSOC is why would you expect a $129 watch to be 1-1 the gen when people pay $1000+ for reps that are still not 1-1 the gen.

All a matter of conception if you want 1-1 then you buy the Gen and finish with it if on the other hand you are a sensible person and realise that the $100 watch is not the gen then this watch will make you very very happy

deja123

Ooooh i like it much, i am waiting for mine... But Not such a nice vintage strap ;;-(

mspangl

now thats a keeper, andy :D

KinCaidk

looks great Andy!

Congrats

greg_r

Looks a LOT better than I was expecting. Nice one, Andy! ;)

spboudart

I also saw the one WE was selling, Tony had put a pic on his weekly mail advertising a while back.

Do really thing Robert and Tony are from different factories?

Most likely it's the same watch, just different light on pic, no?

solkryssare

I actually kinda like that :)

atmos

wow great andy, realy great !!!!

dingle

nice one andy. Love the strap combo :gayvikingmusic:

andygt

Thanks guys it looks even better in person too.

spboudart - it's definately not the same as the watcheden version, no brownness to the case on this one at all and the dial on the WE one is black with white lume.

This is the version to get at the moment :D

_jonte

wrong thread...

Edited by _jonte

pamerai

The color of the dial is off, but like you said to save $14,871 dollars who gives a fuck. Beautiful watch. Found my next pam

trksh-bzr

biggest flaw with this watch is the adress that it is currently staying at!!!

send it to me.....please...

Mystery Shopper

They look sensational on a decent strap (ammo strap on order as well). Inspired by Andy's pics.

PA250004.jpg

grb

Which was the gen again

kvasel

Great piece Andy.

And sorry I'm a newbie here, where did you get it again? Who's Robert?