Sign in to follow this  
Avant

Canal Street New York

Avant

Last summer I was in Canal Street in New York and I bought a couple of watches. I bought a Panerai 111 and an AP Royal Oak.

The AP was really of a poor quality because behind the sellophane (while buying it) it looked passable, when I got the sellophane off it later though the poor quality of the finish was apparent and after just a few hours wearing the bracelet made it obvious it was not the real thing. The Panerai was for my son and I have just seen it recently, it was obvious from six feet it was (to me anyway) not the real deal. Okay, I do own three genuine PAM's and also a couple of Gen Rolex along with some Breitlings and others so I know what the real thing looks like but still, it was a bit ovbvious. This is really holding me back too as i want to buy a Milgauss GV (and another PAM 111 to replace the one I gave my son) but what am I going to get in return? I am prepared to pay and I do not think the trusted dealers here are anything but that - Trusted. It is the quality of the thing that is putting me off. Anyone care to comment? I did email Prestige asking for prices too and though i did get a response saying my email had been received I didn't get a reply back yet. Don't care where, or who, I order from as long as I get something that is of good quality.

Thanks for reading this whole thing

Akira
Last summer I was in Canal Street in New York and I bought a couple of watches. I bought a Panerai 111 and an AP Royal Oak.

The AP was really of a poor quality because behind the sellophane (while buying it) it looked passable, when I got the sellophane off it later though the poor quality of the finish was apparent and after just a few hours wearing the bracelet made it obvious it was not the real thing. The Panerai was for my son and I have just seen it recently, it was obvious from six feet it was (to me anyway) not the real deal. Okay, I do own three genuine PAM's and also a couple of Gen Rolex along with some Breitlings and others so I know what the real thing looks like but still, it was a bit ovbvious. This is really holding me back too as i want to buy a Milgauss GV (and another PAM 111 to replace the one I gave my son) but what am I going to get in return? I am prepared to pay and I do not think the trusted dealers here are anything but that - Trusted. It is the quality of the thing that is putting me off. Anyone care to comment? I did email Prestige asking for prices too and though i did get a response saying my email had been received I didn't get a reply back yet. Don't care where, or who, I order from as long as I get something that is of good quality.

Thanks for reading this whole thing

Hi Avant

Welcome

Check this out

Robert offers high end Pams and a Milgauss

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...&hl=panerai

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=7238

But if you want you can email to [email protected]

Ask Mary if she can supply, which I am sure.

Read around and you will figure it out.

And share some pics of your gens please !!!

KBH
Okay, I do own three genuine PAM's and also a couple of Gen Rolex along with some Breitlings and others so I know what the real thing looks like but still, it was a bit ovbvious.

Welcome to the forum Avant. Just remember we have a saying here: "Pictures, or it never happened". :)

Avant
Okay, I do own three genuine PAM's and also a couple of Gen Rolex along with some Breitlings and others so I know what the real thing looks like but still, it was a bit ovbvious.

Welcome to the forum Avant. Just remember we have a saying here: "Pictures, or it never happened". :picard2:

Oh, I introduced myself weeks ago, just tend to read more than I post but thank you anyway. For your delights may I present two of my Gen Rolex - a 5512 and a 1675. Before anyone says a word, the crystal on the 1675 was offered as an option in 1972- 1976 and besides, I like it. And yes, I know the Tritium is missing from the second hand but you just can't have it all ways up!

5512-face01.JPG

1675GMT-02.jpg

ThinkBachs

Rep with lume on the second hand or gen with it missing............ I still go for the gen. :picard2:

trailboss99

Very nice!

The 99 dollar Pams Robert has will beat the crap out of anything from Canal St, the 199 dollar ones will blow you away.

PWC is defiantly the go to guy for Pams. Have a look at his section and just order following the instructions there.

You may not hear a thing back until it arrives on the door step but that's just Robert, time is something he doesn't have a lot of.

Col.