Sign in to follow this  
Kcore

McJules Strikes Again - Black Bay Beauty!!!

Kcore

By now everyone knows McJules ( Jon Bond, AKA Bond Straps). If you don't, you should acquaint yourself as he's a very talented strap maker! He's also a really great guy too.

I ordered a .v2 Tudor Black Bay a few months ago and knew I would put it on a strap. I've already done business with Jon on many occasions and always find him easy to work with, excellent comms, lots of cool, new ideas and suggestions. Also, his prices are very, very reasonable for the quality straps Jon creates.

So I ordered one of Jon's special BB straps, the ones that the gens come with. You all know the style. While Jon was making my strap, I painstakingly hunted down a pair of custom made end links. Getting hold of these is a story all itself, but if you're going to put a strap on a BB, using these end links is the "only way to go!"

Well enough said and on to the pics! But before I do, Jon, I can't thank you enough. This strap is gorgeous!!! Your choice of thread color was magnificent as it matches the the antique gold dial markers, hands, and dial lettering perfectly.

BBstrap2_zpsda6676cf.jpg

BBstrap3_zps76d4e2be.jpg

BBstrap1_zpsd3246757.jpg

ShovelnTC

Looks great, Enjoy!

Ishmael

Wow! Definitely worth the effort!

Ishmael

Here's a pic of mine just to show how inferior it is without the end links and the special strap :P

FB683C0C-A760-48FC-8A0C-6D2A3F13C9E1_zpsavr9qnga.jpg