Sign in to follow this  
DeepDiver73

need some advice please....

DeepDiver73

not having much luck with getting into reps at the moment and was wondering if any of the UK residents could chip in regarding what is the longest time its taken for an airmail delivery to clear customs.

using the track and trace link it seems that after being sent 13th sept my watch arrived into the UK on the 19th sept but as yet it hasn't cleared customs and therefore hasn't been passed onto the royal mail for delivery. this would have been my second watch.

the first watch arrived in speedy time but i was working overseas at the time and so the helpful postal service said, after holding for collection for a 2 weeks, it would have been sent back to the shipper if their details were on the package so that's my SSD with swiss ETA gone AWOL :boohoo: . and i'm kinda wondering if its going to be something similar with watch number 2.

Member X

Bugger, you're not having much luck!

Is there anyone you can get to hold your packages while you're away?

19th September to now is quite a while for customs but I'm sure that I've read on there that sometimes it can take a month - I presume they just lose it down the back of the sofa or something... lol

As long as it's tracked you should be able to get another one re-shipped for free if it really is lost, unless you've ordered from Robert under his cheap-but-no-reshipping T&Cs. Who did you buy them from?

DeepDiver73

i decided to put the the AWOL SSD down to experience so haven't thrown the toys out of the pram over it.... i also don't recall getting a tracking number for this first watch. but at least with the second watch i have a tracking number so i guess i will just need to give it a little more time and then contact Mary@watchinternational and see what we can resolve if it has to come to that. shame really as i would like to get a few more watches but not if this is the hassle that is involved.

sconehead

Bad luck mate, I've had two watches go walkies with Royal Mail since I've been into reps, both times the tracking was confirmed and a replacement watch sent after a reasonable period, a month or so as I recall.

On another note, I also had a member sale watch go missing from overseas, tracking showed it made it to the UK ok, so I contacted the mail services. They can only act on a complaint from the sender (he offered a refund but seeing as it went missing at my end it didn't seem fair)

This meant that any robbing sod in their employ had carte blanche for a couple more months, that's if they even bothered to chase it up...;)

greg_r

Unlucky. My guess is that the watch cleared customs but has gone awol immediately after. UK customs do not seize rep watches unless they're imported in quantity.

For what it's worth, the longest a watch has been stuck in UK customs for me was 10 days - but that was during a known spell of problems. There's no major delays at present as far as I'm aware.

DeepDiver73

thank you for the input, at the moment i'm undecided as to whether i should just bide my time or see if there is a way to try and chase up what is happening. last week i called royal mail customer services and the person i spoke to said according to her system the item i was waiting on was still in customs and had not been released to the royal mail, so there wasn't anything she could do for me.

i'm not keen on the idea of ringing up customs and asking why there has been a delay but, it is worrying that nothing has move for such a length of time. certainly didnt have to wait more than a week for a letter from the US containing a Maratac zulu strap that i had ordered.

Member X

I think I'm suffering with Customs too - I've got one that should have arrived a while ago from what I can tell, and I've got a package from Robert due imminently...

I really hope that this isn't the start of what was postulated in that thread a little while ago, that all the major countries are making a concerted effort from September 2010 to crack down on counterfeit goods...

*prays*

;)

DeepDiver73

i remember a piece on the news about that but i thought they were targeting clone websites that made the buyer think that they were dealing with either a AD or the manufacturer?

guitarbiker
i remember a piece on the news about that but i thought they were targeting clone websites that made the buyer think that they were dealing with either a AD or the manufacturer?

Ive just received a package of 3 watches from replicamake which were held for 24 hrs by coventry c&e and similar timespan for last order for what it's worth,

greg_r
I think I'm suffering with Customs too - I've got one that should have arrived a while ago from what I can tell, and I've got a package from Robert due imminently...

I really hope that this isn't the start of what was postulated in that thread a little while ago, that all the major countries are making a concerted effort from September 2010 to crack down on counterfeit goods...

*prays*

:(

Nope - UK customs are still only targetting resellers and large imports, according to what I hear from someone who should know what he's talking about :)

Member X

Really?

Good good... :(

DeepDiver73

sounds like i would better off chasing it up then... tried royal mail customer services this evening and got stuck " in a queue " for 30 mins without getting to speak to an advisor, so bailed out... i'll tray again in the morning.

does anyone know if there is a UK customs number i can ring to see if they can explain why the package hasn't been handed over to royal mail? or do you reckon that would be playing with fire?

sconehead
sounds like i would better off chasing it up then... tried royal mail customer services this evening and got stuck " in a queue " for 30 mins without getting to speak to an advisor, so bailed out... i'll tray again in the morning.

does anyone know if there is a UK customs number i can ring to see if they can explain why the package hasn't been handed over to royal mail? or do you reckon that would be playing with fire?

errr, no and yes, it would be playing with fire...

Baldrick
i'll tray again in the morning.

Sounds like yer fae Aiberdeen, :lol:

As Sconey says, let sleeping dogs lie, Customs may just sit up and take notice if you alert them, they can be obtuse bar stewards and whilst they don't gereally bother, one of them might no huv hud his porridge the morning you call.

In future and to minimise any further loss, it might be better to talk to somebody like Narikaa with regards to your requirements, hand carried to the UK and QC checked prior to posting within the UK, so nae customs risk, sorry for your loss. :)

If yir in Scotland drap me a PM and I might be able to help somehow !

Dendo

This all sounds a bit depressing. I am in the US and am having similar problems.

I have 3 shipments delayed at JFK, since 24th and 29th September. The switch between EMS and USPS does not seem to have happened as I can not track them on USPS. Maybe customs, maybe the useless sods in USPS on the North East of US. I have a someone now at JFK now talking with EMS and USPS. Lets see how it plays out.

Was there some talk of a crack down re terrorist plots recently? Could this be the reason?

dingle
This all sounds a bit depressing. I am in the US and am having similar problems.

I have 3 shipments delayed at JFK, since 24th and 29th September. The switch between EMS and USPS does not seem to have happened as I can not track them on USPS. Maybe customs, maybe the useless sods in USPS on the North East of US. I have a someone now at JFK now talking with EMS and USPS. Lets see how it plays out.

Was there some talk of a crack down re terrorist plots recently? Could this be the reason?

I have never had a problem with JFK......ever. Longest I have ever heard them taking was 11 days. Hopefully they will show up soon.