Sign in to follow this  
edil

Gold plating

edil

Hello guy's i wanted to know if any of you know how or can do gold plating on ss watch case.

Thanks for the help.

trailboss99

Your local phone book will have several electro platers in it.

Any of them can help with gold on stainless. Make sure they copper plate first.

Col.

warbreck

I own an electroplating company. We use to do lots of gold but just specialize in zinc now so cant help there.

But there is no need to copper plate before on ss. Best getting plated directly on to the stainless.

Also make sure they are electroplating and not using the dab process used on car badges ect.

There are lots of gold replica process's around now using electro lacquers.

If you require any further info just ask away.

greg_r
I own an electroplating company. We use to do lots of gold but just specialize in zinc now so cant help there.

But there is no need to copper plate before on ss. Best getting plated directly on to the stainless.

Also make sure they are electroplating and not using the dab process used on car badges ect.

There are lots of gold replica process's around now using electro lacquers.

If you require any further info just ask away.

It never ceases to amaze me how many really knowledgeable people we have on here. Ace! ;)

edil

Today i went to a few jewelers hoping they would know something about this,

they didn't have any clue.

So tomorrow i will look for electroplaters. Hopefully it wont be expensive for such a small thing as a watch.

Luthier

It will cost you around $120 in USA, don't know about Macedonia.

edil

i know that i can buy gold plating kit + shipping for around 100$. and do it myself.

if it's more that that then its not worthed

warbreck

Please please do not waste your money on a plating kit. You will not achieve what you are trying to. You really need to find a electroplating company.

In the UK i would expect you to pay around £30 for a average deposit of gold ie. 5 microns.

With a plating kit you would not achieve any thing like this thickness of gold and very little adhesion.

My estimation on price may be a little out due to gold prices going up since i last did any gold plating but i expect it to be around this figure. Hope this of help.

offshore
Please please do not waste your money on a plating kit. You will not achieve what you are trying to. You really need to find a electroplating company.

In the UK i would expect you to pay around £30 for a average deposit of gold ie. 5 microns.

With a plating kit you would not achieve any thing like this thickness of gold and very little adhesion.

My estimation on price may be a little out due to gold prices going up since i last did any gold plating but i expect it to be around this figure. Hope this of help.

:) to that statement! Those plating kits, aren't worth a cold pie!

I spent closer to $200 for one, spent hours talking with one of the best platers going around, and still never achieved anything that resembeled a result! :(

I eventually swapped it for a couple of broken watches, and definetly got the best end of the deal!

If you have money to spare, just put it in an envelope , and post it to me! you will get more value...I may even smile. :)

Offshore

edil

maybe i will take you on that offer. :)

i just can't find someone who does this things here where i live. :( (they only work for companies)

How much is there where you live anyway :)

Pentax

Skopya is not far from Greece you can take a drive to Thessaloniki city have a cup of coffee and have your watch plated :-)

edil

far to much work. and expensive. + i dont have a passport it'll take a year to get one. so that is no go.

Warbreck you said you live in Uk and own electroplating company. since you're in the business maybe you know somebody who will take care of this?

warbreck

Yes i will definitely know somebody who could do this for you.

What type of gold are you after?

Does your case need polishing?

prestigewatchco

A year to get a passport in FYROM?

edil

Hey FYROM :lmao: It's Macedonia :lmao:

Yeah well our administration is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo SSSLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

warbreck

i'm looking for what's the cheapest.

anyway it's says SS Polished/Brushed Case

i havent orderd the watch yet.

But when i do if the prizng is ok there i'll send you the watch

I figured out be prepared you know, :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

edil

Hey robert i send you few mails abouth the pics of the reverso what happend?

Dendo

Hey I thought Macedonia was part of Greece. Alexander the great and all of that!

:lmao:

I am totally joking - I know how sensitive this is to Greeks. What with the Albanians and FYROM...... endless ribbing for our Hellenic friends.

prestigewatchco

actually if I am not mistaken as it is today Alexander the great would have been Albanian given where he is said to have been born.

Yes the Greeks are really touchy about FYROM I have actually seen tourist maps that have the outline of Macedonia on them and blank.

They are listed edil so just look through my subsection

Here it is it comes in black or white dials if white on front black on reverse and vis versa

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp329/t...lesale/JAG3.jpg

edil
actually if I am not mistaken as it is today Alexander the great would have been Albanian given where he is said to have been born.

Yes the Greeks are really touchy about FYROM I have actually seen tourist maps that have the outline of Macedonia on them and blank.

They are listed edil so just look through my subsection

Here it is it comes in black or white dials if white on front black on reverse and vis versa

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp329/t...lesale/JAG3.jpg

thanks

edil

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :D:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Yeah the Greeks are really touchy.

What about us Macedonians?

But I'm not gonna comment on politic's :lmao: :lmao:

Pentax

edil please dont be offended

It's like the bavarians saying one day We are not Germans we are bavarians! Well every one knows bavarians are of German decent!

Which decent does Alexander the great have? He's makedonian so is he Greek or Balkanian?

Just expressing my thoughts knowledge and opinion sorry Edil politics have no place here I know ;-) cheers mate

edil

It's like the bavarians saying one day We are not Germans we are bavarians! Well every one knows bavarians are of German decent!

Which decent does Alexander the great have? He's makedonian so is he Greek or Balkanian?

Just expressing my thoughts knowledge and opinion sorry Edil politics have no place here I know ;-) cheers mate

Yes that's why i said off politic's.

And tried to find someone on this forum who can actualy gold plate my watch

Pentax

What type of watch are you planning to plate?

someone in this discussion said they could do it did you try asking them if they can do it for you and maybe offer a small commission for he's troubles?

Pentax

Yes that's why i said off politic's.

And tried to find someone on this forum who can actualy gold plate my watch

today I had a business meeting when I guy from your country :-) and we made a good Deal :-P

edil

well there are lot of greeks here to who invest, so thats no surprise. business is business.

yes it was warbreck maybe i should PM him about a prize