Sign in to follow this  
kier333

What's closest Pam 111, Pam 005,?Pam 000 or Pam 390 to the Gen?

kier333

Which is closer to the Gen: Pam 111, Pam005, Pam 000 or 390. I realise they are all super reps I just wondered what the experts thoughts are.

I have read the Pam review, but it does not do a comparison.

Edited by kier333

Ruski91

You can not really compare these models as they are entirely different in the PAM world. But i will try my best for you.

PAM 111 - open case back and sandwich dial. Out of the box the rep is beautiful and would be considered a super rep, however the movement as is, is a dead give-away. If you spent the extra money and got a VAC or Marlin modded one - I would say the 111 is your winner hands down.

PAM 005 and 000 - Both of these are sausage dial and closed case back. Since its closed case back you have little to worry about in terms of movement accuracies. However, the lume application to the sausage dial is not nearly as good as gen. These are also super-rep status right out of the box.

It all depends on which flaws you are willing to live with. For me - I would say its a personal preference and my preference is the sandwich dial so i would go with the 111.

Hope that helps you out a bit

kier333

Thank you for your reply, I also forgot to mention the Pam 390?

I would like something with a closed case back, simple dial ( no second hand, or date) and a sandwich dial that is closest to it's gen counter part.

Edited by kier333

Ruski91

The 390 is another great rep and falls right in line with the 005 and 000 statement that i wrote above. The most recent release is great. A few members have done combo watches for the 390 (taken a the best parts from each factory and combined them to make 1 great watch). Its a very classy looking watch with the gold hands and cream colored dial. My order would be as follows:

PAM 111

PAM 390

PAM 005

PAM 000

but thats just my preference.

Hornet
Have a look at this fella, this answers all you ever wanted to know about Pams and maybe a bit more on top....

http://www.replica-w...5.html?t=107365

Thanks I have been through that, but it does not do a comparison against one another.

No worries, didn't realise you wanted a comparison, but then I tend to speed read and miss details.............

kier333
The 390 is another great rep and falls right in line with the 005 and 000 statement that i wrote above. The most recent release is great. A few members have done combo watches for the 390 (taken a the best parts from each factory and combined them to make 1 great watch). Its a very classy looking watch with the gold hands and cream colored dial. My order would be as follows:

PAM 111

PAM 390

PAM 005

PAM 000

but thats just my preference.

Yes I would agree, going through the Pam review guide I would chose in the same order as you, it's just a shame the 111 has an display back, and the 390 has sausage dial.

kier333

I currently have a 111 and absolutely love it. I just fancied getting something with a closed case back, simple dial and was hoping for a sandwich dial, I just cannot seem to find anything that fits the bill!!

kier333

Anything fitting the bill?

mysterio

Anything fitting the bill?

Going to any Risti GTG sometime soon? :lol: You're obviously not new here and this is not your first PAM as you've had a PAM111 and arguably read ALE's guide. There is no super rep base (I read into your simple dial as being a base) PAM with a sandwich dial and a closed caseback. The only candidate (if you looked at the equally helpful excel file) would be the PAM232 from DSN at First Class Medium Quality. Curiously, most sandwich dials have open casebacks and closed caseback PAMs use the sausage dials. Probably due to commonality of parts.

Edited by mysterio

thehardnochlife

I like my 005. It's very much a super rep with the case back. Lume is really great. Lasts 8-9 into the night

pilch23

Still thread is going around in circles! If you want perfection buy the gen, each rep has slight niggles and it becomes the owners choice which he feels he can live with, if you want to step it up a level buy a Marlin modded.....still not perfect but again some further niggles addressed, I own all four of them....

20140330_174646_zpsxpgajbug.jpg

20140330_175510_zpsgf49chvy.jpg20140330_175556_zps6vlhy9gl.jpg

20140330_174549_zpsuvbvwo71.jpg

20140330_174758_zpsnsassiaq.jpg20140330_174904_zpsx5yidqwj.jpg20140330_174603_zpsurhtd4vw.jpg20140330_175321_zpszoi0mojq.jpg20140330_175330_zpsyyadaqns.jpg20140330_174553_zpsvfsa6jq9.jpg20140226_215355_zpsggjtcjp1.jpg20130914_082227_zps450a6fdb.jpg

kier333

Where do you buy a Marlin rep?

ALE7575

Looking for accuracy, between PAM 111, 005, 000 and 390, I always would choose PAM 029 :D

ALE

ex660

i would rate my 390 as 1 of the closest to gen or no diff compared to gen from the front.. as there's nothing to doubt on its appearance, but the usual suspects will be the lume and also the caseback is always not aligned peroperly for all reps that i can see.. no matter it is a low class or a super rep.

Edited by ex660

kier333

I have ended up purchasing a Pam 390 hybrid modded by NcChef, I love the simplicity and colouring of the dial.

I will post pics when it arrives.

Thanks for all the advise.

mysterio

i would rate my 390 as 1 of the closest to gen or no diff compared to gen from the front.. as there's nothing to doubt on its appearance, but the usual suspects will be the lume and also the caseback is always not aligned peroperly for all reps that i can see.. no matter it is a low class or a super rep.

You must be an expert on PAMs. Yeah, the caseback alignment compared to the Panerai website images is out of whack. :P

ex660

You must be an expert on PAMs. Yeah, the caseback alignment compared to the Panerai website images is out of whack. :P

they'll nvr get it right. i requested to proper align the caseback upon Qc.. but was told that it is that way not nothing can be done.. :( awwwwwww...

kier333

Case back looks ok on what I have just purchased

ex660

Case back looks ok on what I have just purchased

non of my PAMs had the caseback properly aligned.. both for Noob and KW's PAMs, 5 of them in total..