Sign in to follow this  
ImNotFatImFluffy

what does it take for you to justify buying another watch?

ImNotFatImFluffy

For me it was pretty much whenever I had the cash in the past, now im gonna try to limit my big purchases (anything past like $50 that isn't food) to twice a year if I can help it, with the second biggest purchase being a 45mm ceramic planet ocean Orange bezel + Kenny mods. I just went over QC pics and approved and I can't help but to keep going back and looking at them. In the next year I know I really should further limit unnecessary purchases and it should be easier since I already got most of my planned purchases out of the way. Also I work at least 40 hours a week (in 4 days at that), with many 60 hour weeks and some 50 hour weeks, so that makes it a lot easier also, especially when I realize it might be my last chance to buy what I want for at least a few months.

Edited by ImNotFatImFluffy

Ishmael

Nothing. I need no justification. Hence my impending chapter 7. :giggle:

McJules

Nothing as well, i like, i click

RichardMiami

Paying off the last one usually helps! :)

LHOOQ

Nothing. I need no justification. Hence my impending chapter 7. :giggle:

You stole my thoughts!

Necromancer

Usually, just a second double Scotch...

rusty peters

A decent sale from Toro or Tony and I lose all inhibitions. Throw in some banter from you guys an I buy one of each model.

NFleischer

I've been kinda broke- that's a damper for me. Still I was looking at a Maurice Lacroix today, lucky I guess, it sold out before I could buy it with

Bill Me Later.

TK01

I purchased watches until I had the perfect watch and fell in love with it , after you have your top 3 watches that you've always dreamed of, you can then start to focus on making them better by getting the best straps, custom made by (Serge), Or real gen straps. Trust me ones you get the perfect strap you start to love your watches x3 times more. I Hardley have time to wear all 3 because I never wear them to work. So when I get home I wear

Them and rotate them on the weekend.

MikeAlmighty

A change in n wind direction is enough for me

TK01

Their is a thread on here I will find it for you, the question came up " How many I have vs.

How many I should have. And I came to a conclusion when I receive a new watch and wear it for a week, but then start to look for another and pull the trigger on another or just spend nemourous amount of

Time lookig up other watches. I end up not liking my new watch I just received anymore so enjoy what you get my friend and don't worry about anything !

myaz

I get mesmerized by all them shiny dials and keep pawing at the moving parts under the crystal but can't reach them. :P

BC1221

depends on if its a watch ive been looking for or a great deal on a watch i like.

i went on a serious binge earlier this summer so now im sticking to the 1 in 1 out rule.

Left Coast Guy

Lately, I just need to be pretty confident that I'll actually wear it. Its not really about money, I just feel wasteful if I spend money on a rep and it just sits in my watchbox.

LightGeek

A few dollars.

PeterPotamus

nothing... I just buy them... LOL

graman

I try to do 1 or 2 per year.... I went 4 years without buying a thing....

... There's a challenge :Whistle: ........

Not sure I could do it again... ;)

N.Rico

i have not limits or justifications, just click ,

i know i am sick :giggle:

Cheesemonger

I hit on vintage and now I think I am content for a bit.

retromech

Hmm, how about this: I seem to have accidentally acquired a number of straps and buckles. In order to show off the straps, I need watches to attach them to. Or should that be the other way 'round? :giggle:

UmpaHimself

I pretty much only have myself to care for so I buy what I want. I do want to be sure I will wear it, even if only a few times a year. It looks like I'll be up to 16 soon which is starting to feel like too many since I've been wearing mostly PAMs, but I know I'll want to have them there when my tastes start to veer. I try to stay reasonable but if I really like something I will eventually own it. I always have the feeling that at some point these watches will no longer be available so I sometimes have the mentality to horde while I have the chance :lol:

69-Watch

It only takes checking M2M sales, and one of you bum's selling something I have to have! :))

Ishmael

if I really like something I will eventually own it.

Bang on.

dave47

Nothing as well, i like, i click

What else is there to say???

dave

Daywatch

Another unwanted tax-bill from the tax-collector or any other, unwanted, large surprise-bill. If I can work for and afford those, I can also afford a new (rep)-watch from the list. At least those give me some (no, a lot) compensation for it and help ease the pain. Much happier in paying those unwanted and unavoidable bills I cannot do anything against. Nowadays I just think of the next nice watch instead. :) Took me a really long time to adopt this philosophy, glad I did. Lol