Sign in to follow this  
Gazzla

PAM 063 Swiss ETA v PAM 088 A7750?

Gazzla

Hi Guys

Does anyone own, or has owned, a PAM 063 GMT?

I've just had a bit of a sell-off and now have a war chest ready to splurge on my next watch. It was almost certainly going to be the Noob 'O' Series 'super rep' version of the 088.

I then starting looking at the 063 with the Swiss ETA 2836-2 movement for the same dough. For those that haven't seen it, the 063 has the rare sweeping seconds hand.

Quick pic:

GNRaJkl.jpg

I quite like the idea of a Swiss ETA movement with a sweeping seconds hand rather than an A7750 with seconds dial at 9.

What would be more reliable?

Here's the 088:

mekadeY.jpg

All comments welcome. The more sarcastic the better . . . :thumbsup:

Gaz

Mike 1108

Both look nice and very similar.

I have an A7750 PAM 328 that I have worn 4 days a week for 3.5 years. Still keeps accurate time. So I would say it's reliable.

I'm not sure if you actually get a new ETA movement at this point. I actually feel better if they say its Sellita or Miyota movement (not as controlled in availability as an ETA).

I think the 063 looks a bit cleaner than the seconds at 9.

Good luck.

D_Chico

Hmmm :Thinking:

That's a tough choice! I've always liked the 088 but, I see why you like the 063 as well..That sweeping second hand is nice and the dial has a nice simplistic style about it for a GMT..I do like how the 088 sec's at 9 stand out though.. Kinda makes it "pop"..

I tend to air on the side of value ..the 063 is less popular so that's probably why its less expensive.. (I'm assuming) Did you check "Ale's Pam Guide"?

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=107365

Damn bud, it really is a tough choice! But, if it was me I think I'd go against my fickle frugality and go for the 088 :) I really like how the sec at 9 breaks things up..That's just my personal opinion though ;) The 063 with swiss movement is a good value! I guess it comes down to looks in this one..If you like the sweeping sec hand the 029 has it also! I like the GMT bezel on the 029 too :D

Well, good luck in your decision gaz! Keep us posted on what you gather from all the input and what you decide to do :)

Gazzla

Did you check "Ale's Pam Guide"?

http://www.replica-w...ad.php?t=107365

Dave, you should know me better than that!!! ;)

Check out the 090 and the 224 in ALE's guide. You might see a familiar name in the write-ups . . :Whistle:

Gaz

Left Coast Guy

Meh, I came across 063 gen a few months back and it looked pretty plain. Center seconds PAMs (at least the non-chronos) just don't look good in person IMHO.

I'd recommend the 089E (the titanium version of the 088 instead. The Anthracite dial make it different and really pops with the green lume.

D_Chico

Check out the 090 and the 224 in ALE's guide. You might see a familiar name in the write-ups . . :Whistle:

Gaz

:lol: you welcomed sarcasm! ;) I just wanted to see if you knew about your write-ups being featured :giggle: (slow I am :facepalm: )

Gazzla

Meh, I came across 063 gen a few months back and it looked pretty plain. Center seconds PAMs (at least the non-chronos) just don't look good in person IMHO.

I'd recommend the 089E (the titanium version of the 088 instead. The Anthracite dial make it different and really pops with the green lume.

Thanks for your thoughts, Buddy. Needs to be a polished case and bezel though. I like shiny things . . . ooooooooh, shiny!

:P

Gazzla

Gaz

:lol: you welcomed sarcasm! ;) I just wanted to see if you knew about your write-ups being featured :giggle: (slow I am :facepalm: )

Sorry Dave, I didn't pick up on your sarcasm. Dammit! :facepalm:

I've asked Mary to price them for me, but I suspect they will cost about the same.

Gaz

Hornet

They all look the same, so does it matter which one? And movements are a lottery anyway, so close your eyes and stab with a finger at the screen, which ever one you are nearest to is the winner....... :Whistle:

...........only joking, if you can get a Swiss ETA then I'd go for that, especially if you like the sweeping second hand; I think that the 063 face does look better.

dalboy

I like shiny things . . . ooooooooh, shiny!

Magpie in a Former life Gaz .

+ 1 on the 089 .

Squee

Well well well, I will have to add the PAM063 on my To Buy list :-) Wish they would make that wach GMT less and keep sweeping the sweeping hand...I will definitely buy it none the less, eventually :-)

Gazzla

They all look the same, so does it matter which one? And movements are a lottery anyway, so close your eyes and stab with a finger at the screen, which ever one you are nearest to is the winner....... :Whistle:

...........only joking, if you can get a Swiss ETA then I'd go for that, especially if you like the sweeping second hand; I think that the 063 face does look better.

Blimey, tough crowd today . .

Have you owned a PAM, Bill?

Judging by your response I would think not . . . I always flamed the PAM crowd until I bought one and now I'm like a kid in a sweet shop . . .with less money.

Gaz

BadPickle

063 first..... 088 after that, you know you will anyway :lol:

edwinowl

Been done before this debate I'm sure. Dal, you still here ?? Haha. 63 for me.

Gazzla

I like shiny things . . . ooooooooh, shiny!

Magpie in a Former life Gaz .

+ 1 on the 089 .

What's in your box and on your wrist currently Daz?

Gazzla

063 first..... 088 after that, you know you will anyway :lol:

This^^^^^ :lol:

I can resist everything except temptation . . .

:rofl:

Hornet

Judging by your response I would think not . . . I always flamed the PAM crowd until I bought one and now I'm like a kid in a sweet shop . . .with less money.

Gaz

Pam 312 was my first rep Gaz and is still my favorite out of all my watches...........

20140917_182920_zps3ar8lkgt.jpg

..........lovin' the Ferrari that is currently on sale in M2M and really, really want a 386.

I think you need a poll on this one Gaz.....

Gazzla

[quote name='Hornet' timestamp='1411671847' post='1426126']
[quote name='Gazzla' timestamp='1411670639' post='1426103']
[quote name='Hornet' timestamp='1411670174' post='1426091']
[/quote]

Gaz
[/quote]
Pam 312 was my first rep Gaz and is still my favorite out of all my watches...........

..........lovin' the Ferrari that is currently on sale in M2M and really, really want a 386.

[/quote]

Well I fucked that up. What's in your watchbox, Bill?

Hornet

Gaz

Got you well and proper there.....

.....but you did ask for sarcastic responses!

Watchbox only contains three watches, as I'm waiting for the missus to buy me a decent one for Xmas, but my signature gives you the list fella, not much I know but give me a chance.....

Gazzla

Gaz

Watchbox only contains three watches, as I'm waiting for the missus to buy me a decent one for Xmas, but my signature gives you the list fella, not much I know but give me a chance.....

Gotcha! That's twice tonight I've missed the sarcasm . . .

YRXTxPd.png

Hornet

Gaz

Gotcha! That's twice tonight I've missed the sarcasm . . .

YRXTxPd.png

If any mods are around, there is some material here for Gaz's member title.....

.....he is missing one after all.

Rusty2801

8fe3f75b7ff60a09b66b58783ec9442e_zpsdf3cb8e8.jpg

This was my first ever rep. Claimed swiss movement, I belive it came from Hont. Lovely watch, quiet rare, and the red gmt arrow is even rarer.

ozon1969

Need the 088 I think...

Gazzla

8fe3f75b7ff60a09b66b58783ec9442e_zpsdf3cb8e8.jpg

This was my first ever rep. Claimed swiss movement, I belive it came from Hont. Lovely watch, quiet rare, and the red gmt arrow is even rarer.

This might have made my mind up . . . :drool:

panerai153

I have had several 063's and 029's. The 063 is my favorite PAM by far.

Unfortunately, guys that Red GMT hand never appeared on genuine PAMS, I had one and sold it along with a set of correct hands from DSN.

If you really want a correct O063, wait for an old Eddie Lee modded one comes up for sale on the forums, the one with the Swiss ETA2893-2 movement, which was the movement Panerai used in their GMT's before they went to I house movements.

Here is the 063 I sold incorrect GMT hand

a8acc8c3a6f41f87e51da160da9aeed2.jpg

Edited by panerai153