Sign in to follow this  
elmerlo

SKA371P1 from Creationwatches

elmerlo

The Seiko topic was brought up by KeNny, so I sold a couple of reps and bought it at Creationwatches, as their prices are really good.

A beautiful chunk of metal. 210 grams, 200 removing three links. Loving the weight...

IMHO a good alternative to the Sub Nodate I love so much these days.

A Monster has been ordered, while I'm dreaming about the Kinetic GMT SUN019P1, but will wait for it to go down in price.

DSC_0022_zps26db60d6.jpg

Daywatch

Veeery nice. Have to look this up as well. Congrats, good choice:)

SliceMaster

That looks great congrats and wear it well!

avc0002

whats the pusher or other crown at 2 do? or does it rotate the bezel? I cant figure it out. I feel stupid. ha

Mazz

It's a kinetic it tells you how much power remains

Del

That is very nice! :thumbsup2:

Can I ask what size your wrist is? I quite fancy the pepsi bezel version of this one but with a 6.75" wrist I'm wondering if it might be a bit on the big side for me.

elmerlo

Can I ask what size your wrist is? I quite fancy the pepsi bezel version of this one but with a 6.75" wrist I'm wondering if it might be a bit on the big side for me.

Uhm, metric vs. imperial never helps in size topics ;)

You can have a look at my reviews around, there's plenty of wristshots. As a rule of thumb I wear right the 41-42 mm., slightly oversize the 44s, and my wrist gets quite lost on the 47s :P

Del

Uhm, metric vs. imperial never helps in size topics ;)

You can have a look at my reviews around, there's plenty of wristshots. As a rule of thumb I wear right the 41-42 mm., slightly oversize the 44s, and my wrist gets quite lost on the 47s :P

:lol:

Sounds very similar to me! Thanks. :)

ShovelnTC

Another great Seiko, Lots of members heading to the Seiko way and no horror stories that I've seen.

Great watches at great prices and none of the drawbacks of reps.

Enjoy!

So I'm off to look yet again at the Seiko's at creation!

elmerlo

Another great Seiko, Lots of members heading to the Seiko way and no horror stories that I've seen.

Yep, that's the reason I tried it out. I mean, reps are still the way to go (for me) to have a Rollie, but Seiko it's a great alternative, no drawbacks.

And I'm also considering the Citizen Aviator. I love Pilot watches, and this has the right spirit for a ridicolous price. It's a shame they put mineral crystal on it, but I think I will give the Eco Drive a try soon...

Orologio-Citizen-Aviator.jpg

Electron17

Great watch, a very good choice, I have one of these on rubber and the Pepsi version on S/S. I have 3 Kinetic Seiko's, a huge mistake as you need to wear then to keep the capacitor charged and you do not get much chance to wear anything else. Really think very carefully before buying a second kinetic watch, great as they are they are a pain to keep charged especially when they get older.

ShovelnTC

Yep, that's the reason I tried it out. I mean, reps are still the way to go (for me) to have a Rollie, but Seiko it's a great alternative, no drawbacks.

And I'm also considering the Citizen Aviator. I love Pilot watches, and this has the right spirit for a ridicolous price. It's a shame they put mineral crystal on it, but I think I will give the Eco Drive a try soon...

Yep I love my reps but also love all sorts of others.

I bought this ecodrive at the same time as my first Rep early last year and haven't had to set the time since.

It gets lots of wrist time.

AT0200-05E_full.jpg

elmerlo

Great watch, a very good choice, I have one of these on rubber and the Pepsi version on S/S. I have 3 Kinetic Seiko's, a huge mistake as you need to wear then to keep the capacitor charged and you do not get much chance to wear anything else. Really think very carefully before buying a second kinetic watch, great as they are they are a pain to keep charged especially when they get older.

Good to know.

Now I bought a standard automatic (SRP307K1), and if I will go on the SUN019, maybe I will sell this. :)