Sign in to follow this  
Pentax

Rolex President 18K Solid YG Gold Rep

Pentax

Hi To all Maybe made a Stupid Decision today

Found this Guy on ebay trusted Seller for a long time now and 100% Verified with over 500 Positive Feedback's

He makes solid gold president casings 1:1 after a Few Discussions with him he told me he can make me a Solid gold casing with Gen Champagne Dial.Swiss ETA 2836 day date movement Sapphire Crystal. no guarantee about waterproof will waterproof through Brightlight .

I ONLY BOUGHT THE CASING WITH OUT BRACELET!

Just sent him $2966.00 through PayPal , if something goes wrong can i get my money back??

Casing ( Picture Downloaded from He's Ebay Store)

watchcase-rose001e.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...E:X:RTQ:US:1123

I hope to receive the Watch otherwise I am :lol:

Original Dial ( Picture sent by the Seller )

IMG_0619.jpg

Final product picture I found on the Net not he's! ( Of course with out the Bracelet )

k766_7.jpg

Edited by Pentax

andygt

No idea whether that is a good price or not for a 75% solid gold case or not but $600 for a dial, movement and crystal is very steep.

He's got ebay buyer protection but as long as he posts you something then it's hard to get any money back if it's a bag of shit.

Also you are a mental and have more money than sense :lol:

Pentax

AndyGT

you are Right I just get too Excited sometimes!!

anyway if anything goes bad I will just have to live with it.

do you have any Idea how to shipp it from HK

I told him to biuld it with a non rolex Dial send it and put an invoice stating watch repair $18.00

He will then send the Original Dial and I will send it to bright light to fix

andygt

Shit I just looked at how much he charges for gold bracelet link!

Taking that into consideration I'd hav thought that going gen wouldn't be too much more - this for example: http://cgi.ebay.com/MENS-ROLEX-18K-GOLD-DA...=item20b48976de

With reps that would be how I'd have it marked for postage and indeed is what DW did when he sent my 6263 but that was a tenth of what you are spending.

I would be worried that the sender could send an empty packet and then your claim is only $18

Or if it gets lost then you are also in the same situation, better to either declare the value and pay the taxes or get a cheap flight over to HK. Don't suppose you know anyone there who'd be able to carry it over for you?

NFleischer

That's what I recommended before! A used one $7-8k, this way you know its real and has resale value.

The solid gold bracelet will probably be more than the case- there's alot more gold.

Anyway- good luck with the sale.

Pentax

Andy

You are givin me the chills mate!

But I guess he's a trusted dealer on bay do you think he will scam me?

I called my customs clearer a while ago did not tell him anything about a Rolex I asked him if I import a gold watch but not rolex will I have problems with customs he told me no , I mean the watch looks like a Rolex but says nothing about rolex on it I don't think that I will have probes with customs . It's like importing tats watches panerai lookalikes do they have any problems with customs?

Thanks

Pentax

Thanks mate

Just will have the case now and add a leather band for more casual look

Will add a oysterstrap maybe next year

Seen the used ones that are affordable but they are in bad shape and none with domed bezel

Affordable models are at least 30 years old.

KBH

Did you actually intend to buy the rose gold and not yellow gold?

Seems I remember reading that Rolex Everose gold is a proprietary alloy that is made in their foundry only and has a distinct hue. They apparently mix in some platinum to lock in the rose color.

Also what are you going to do about getting a Presidential bracelet? I wouldn't think you'd buy a solid gold case and get a plated bracelet.

Pentax

KBH

Really did not know that about the rose gold! I think iwill change to yellow gold to avoid any mishaps.

For now I will wear it more casualy with a black leather strap with an aftermarket deployment strap and next year I will purchase a solid gold oyster band

I don't know why I am having second thoughts :-(

Since it's a 1:1 casing that means that it will take a gen crystal what does the gen crystal cost? If it has the swiss eta can anyone notice it meaning that does it rattle if shacked arround or does it make clunky sounds?

Do you think it's better that I build the watch here? He can send me the casing and the original dial and I can have it built from a trusted member.

KBH

You can easily have it built here. You'll need to get a eta movement ring. Contact the member Stilty on RWGforum.com

The gen crystals shouldn't be too expensive. Clarke sells nice replacements for about $11 as I recall so I wouldn't think a Rolex would be more than twice that. You'll also need a set of Eta hands that Clark can supply. Gen Rolex hands won't fit an Eta movement.

Pentax

Thanks Kbh

I will contact the watch maker and ask if he can ship me only the casing and the dial maybe could save a few bucks I think he charged me 600 extra for dial eta crystal crown and fitting it's a bit overpriced

What does a gen Swiss day date eta go for?

Member X

:Whistle:

I'm sorry, I think you're completely crazy, but I feel bad this might turn out to be a massive scam and you will have buyers remorse - but let us wait and see. I think getting just the case delivered will be the best idea, then you can get it built for a lot less.

I will cross my fingers for you.

Pentax

Thanks member X

Let's see he says it will take 7 days to be ready for dispatch

I will email hi. If he can send me back the difference and if he can just ship the case + the dial

Keep your fingers crossed

Pentax

Can some body give me prices for the following accessories

Rolex gen day date champagne dial

Swiss eta 2836

Sapphire crystal

Gold plated dials

Gold plated crown

Thanks

KBH

Standard grade Eta 2836-2 is about $120 - $140. Elaboree and COSC are significantly higher. You'll also need Rolex day and datewheel overlays.

Gen Rolex parts are hard to come by unless you know somebody that has access.

Used dials and crowns are available, mostly on eBay. There's a pretty wide variety of dials and prices. I'd say from $100 to $300. Used gold crowns go for about $100 - $150.

That $600 might not be so bad.

Pentax

KBH thanks so much for your kind help!

Luthier

Swiss eta 2836

Sapphire crystal

Gold plated dials

Gold plated crown

Thanks

Swiss eta 2836 - $120-$140

Sapphire crystal - $11

Gold plated dials - $300

Gold plated crown - $150

...the address of local psychiatrist - Priceless...

warcelo

Swiss eta 2836

Sapphire crystal

Gold plated dials

Gold plated crown

Thanks

Swiss eta 2836 - $120-$140

Sapphire crystal - $11

Gold plated dials - $300

Gold plated crown - $150

...the address of local psychiatrist - Priceless...

Brightlight

Why do I think you should get the Hong Kong guy to provide everything if you're prepared to take the risk on the case?

1. I've heard all about "1:1" cases before, even bought one from Yuki which turned out to be anything but.

2. The day and date wheels. I have no idea if standard ETA fit ones, assuming you can get this layout with the day on the outer ring (I've seen them from HK but nowhere else) will fit the President dial without a Rolex overlay. An overlay would be a big problem as the day wheel sits over the date wheel and the dates show through slots in the day wheel.

3. The Stilty ring. Try raising Stilty to get a ring from him. Will it fit in this case and provide the stem at the correct height? This build has to use the 2836-2 as the 2824-2 does not have the day mechanism.

The only other possibility, which I have already told the OP, is to buy an ETA based rep and rob out the innards. However there are still likely to be issues with the adaptor ring and whether the rep dial will fit the case, etc.

There's an old british proverb about not sinking the boat for a ha'penny worth of tar. Trying to save a few tens of dollars on this, even assuming that is the way it works out in the end, is ridiculous in my opinion.

andygt

The champagne DJ dials on ebay go for next to nothing - there's a number on there now for $30.

Gold crowns can be had for a similar price so more like $200 than $600 for the additional parts.

Pentax

That's how I also see it Andy ,but deal has been closed and can't do anything now let's just hope that the workmanship is top!

Looking at the case from the eBay link what do you think about it , is it ok? Shape wise

prestigewatchco

you are wasting your time Andy he is determined to buy a Fake gold Rolex regardless if it makes sense or not.

Correct weight band is 100gr approx thats 3.3 oz gold is currently $1300 and oz 18K is 75% pure so $870 an oz scrap value band only gold is $3000 without being made up so in the end this Fake Rolex is going to be more expensive than a used Gen

Brightlight
The champagne DJ dials on ebay go for next to nothing - there's a number on there now for $30.

Gold crowns can be had for a similar price so more like $200 than $600 for the additional parts.

President Andy, not DJ. Nor would I touch gold crowns at that price level......

Pentax
you are wasting your time Andy he is determined to buy a Fake gold Rolex regardless if it makes sense or not.

Correct weight band is 100gr approx thats 3.3 oz gold is currently $1300 and oz 18K is 75% pure so $870 an oz scrap value band only gold is $3000 without being made up so in the end this Fake Rolex is going to be more expensive than a used Gen

I am not buying the band only the casing , I have a gen rolexe i would not like to purchase a rolex that is 30 years old Or so and I am looking for a domed bezel which is very hard to find used and If I find one it's very expensive.

Because you are a Business Man you should understand that the casing has to be Milled and this costs a lot I mean they will not only charge you for the gold but also for the workmanship. So let's say the surcharge is the milling.

So if I am scammed then I will be the idiot in this whole story so hold thumbs Robert

Pentax

I am not buying the band only the casing , I have a gen rolexe i would not like to purchase a rolex that is 30 years old Or so and I am looking for a domed bezel which is very hard to find used and If I find one it's very expensive.

Because you are a Business Man you should understand that the casing has to be Milled and this costs a lot I mean they will not only charge you for the gold but also for the workmanship. So let's say the surcharge is the milling.

So if I am scammed then I will be the idiot in this whole story so hold thumbs Robert