Sign in to follow this  
Pentax

Rolex President 18K Solid YG Gold Rep

solkryssare

I honestly think you are crazy dude! But I sure hope it works our for you. And hey! What would the world be without crazy spontaneous people! Fingers crossed here mate :boobies:

Brightlight

+1 Sol.

Leave the guy alone the rest of you, it's his choice how he spends his money!! And it's a lot less than a damn VDB production................

andygt

The crowns I saw were form bcwatchparts, I've bought from him before and as far as I know he only sells genuine rolex parts.

Fair point on the dial - around $100 for el presidente :boobies:

andygt
+1 Sol.

Leave the guy alone the rest of you, it's his choice how he spends his money!! And it's a lot less than a damn VDB production................

We're only trying to help, BL. It is his money but he did ask for opinions.

Brightlight
+1 Sol.

We're only trying to help, BL. It is his money but he did ask for opinions.

I know that Andy but he's being treated a little like an idiot. I looked at the ebay buyer and it looks kosher, not to say it is for sure, but looks that way. He's also getting a lot of confusing advice. You know that a dial at $100 can cost $20-$30 in shipping and if it is a company sending it they are likely to declare full value and you'll get bumped for duty, VAT, and Parcelfarce handling charge, so suddenly it's getting on for twice that price. I'm also really concerned about date and daywheel alignment with a gen dial.

andygt

Maybe the best bet would be to just use the guts from a rep and fit it in the case with a spacer?

Pentax

Thanks to All

I know that you are trying to help, everyone has an opinion good or bad, that is way I am enlisted on this forum. For the opinions either good or Bad.

Last Night I could not sleep as after reading the posts I started to get a bit scared. But now that I am thinking a bit clearer ok let's say I don't get what I purchased I will have lost 3K it will be a lesson well learned and an extra example for newbies. :-)

But on the other hand if I do get what I have purchased and it is a nice looking watch then I will be very happy.

That's what happens when you have some money and you are spontaneous!!

Guys last year I nearly Died in April 2009 I was diagnosed with AML (Leukemia) I was in hospitalized for 9 months! I survived all sorts of difficulties during my therapy. I am in Remission now and hope it will never come back! By doctors request I am not allowed to worry about anything. So if I get Scammed I must just be happy that I am alive and Enjoying the SCAM!

Thanks to all for your posts

D.P.

andygt

I don't think you'll get scammed, Pentax.

However I would carefully consider how you get the case posted though and weigh up if you'd rather pay a few hundred dollars extra to ensure that the case arrives safely and fully insured for loss or take the risk of losing $3000 to an unscrupulous mail employee.

offshore

If I was laying out 3k for a watch in HK, I would invest the cost of a flight there, have a holiday, collect the sucker, keep the seller honest, avoid any post and customs/VAT issues, and buy a few more watches:) You would get back most of the flight cost in saved VAT alone.

A quick trip to GZ would also be on the itinerary.

All that may come at an increased cost, however it would reduce the stress levels no end.

Then again, I'm not shelling out 3k for a watch.....ever!

O/S

Akira
If I was laying out 3k for a watch in HK, I would invest the cost of a flight there, have a holiday, collect the sucker, keep the seller honest, avoid any post and customs/VAT issues, and buy a few more watches:) You would get back most of the flight cost in saved VAT alone.

A quick trip to GZ would also be on the itinerary.

All that may come at an increased cost, however it would reduce the stress levels no end.

Then again, I'm not shelling out 3k for a watch.....ever!

O/S

Quite an idea

Having Holidays and picking up the case can't be much more expensive that costums/VAT

Member X

+1

Post the reps home, post any boxes you want back seperately, wear the gold watch back so you don't have to declare it.

Pentax

Just got a great idea

Contacted one supplier in Xiamen, he's got a trustworthy friend in HK if the seller will accept giving the watch to him because he said he will ship only to registered paypal address he will then send it to my supplier

My supplier will be shipping a container of rucksacks next month he will sewn it in a small pocket inside 1 out of 3750 ruck sacs I don't think that customs would find a small watch in-between 250boxes open up each ruck sac to find a watch?

What do you all think?

In other circumstance if would pick the watch up my self as I travel a lot to Asia but due to health problems I can not travel. Right now

Member X
Just got a great idea

Contacted one supplier in Xiamen, he's got a trustworthy friend in HK if the seller will accept giving the watch to him because he said he will ship only to registered paypal address he will then send it to my supplier

My supplier will be shipping a container of rucksacks next month he will sewn it in a small pocket inside 1 out of 3750 ruck sacs I don't think that customs would find a small watch in-between 250boxes open up each ruck sac to find a watch?

What do you all think?

In other circumstance if would pick the watch up my self as I travel a lot to Asia but due to health problems I can not travel. Right now

So you're going to go through 3750 rucksacks to find your watch?? :)

Don't forget that customs do actually possess these amazing new machines called "X Ray Machines" or something... :Jumpy:

Akira

some people call it smuggling

would not be my first choice

gB.

Yeah, sounds like a great idea! Go for it dude, or not... :Jumpy:

Just buy a used gen and be done with it. You'll end up spending the same, especially if you included wasted hours on this type of nonsense. :)

Pentax

He who is free of sin cast the first stone!

We are all smugglers! Arnt we ;-)

x-ray!! Those are for countries afraid of terrorism ;-) we don't have any!

Guys we are talking about Greece ! Customs would never go through such a big deal just to eat a Small fish!

You see as we are still primitive we are able to Bribe if we come to a point that we need to!

Akira
He who is free of sin cast the first stone!

We are all smugglers! Arnt we ;-)

x-ray!! Those are for countries afraid of terrorism ;-) we don't have any!

Guys we are talking about Greece ! Customs would never go through such a big deal just to eat a Small fish!

You see as we are still primitive we are able to Bribe if we come to a point that we need to!

:) good for you

Pentax
Can some body give me prices for the following accessories

Rolex gen day date champagne dial

Swiss eta 2836

Sapphire crystal

Gold plated dials

Gold plated crown

Thanks

Swiss eta 2836 - $120-$140

Sapphire crystal - $11

Gold plated dials - $300

Gold plated crown - $150

...the address of local psychiatrist - Priceless...

Luth this is my Approx Calculation

$125 Swiss ETA

$150 Champagne Dial Orig

$60 Orig Gold Crown used

$12.50 Dial Hands

$2 Crystal Gasket

$15 Crystal

$2 Case Gasket

$11 Gold Spring-bars

-------------------------

Total $ 377.50

$ 70.00 Watch Smith Fee

$ 20.00 Shipping watch parts

$ 25.00 Watch Shipping

------------------------------

Total : $ 492.50

Casing : $2388.00

-----------------------------

$ 2880.5

3% PP Fee $ 2966.96

what do you think ??

Analysis of the Casing Cost

40 Gr 18K gold through Milling and polishing you loose about 5 Grams

End Product Weight 35Gr.

so 40gr x $35 = $1400

$350 Milling Costs

----------

$1750

$ 638 35% Profit (Logical Profit)

- ------------

$ 2366

Edited by Pentax

Baldrick

It still won't be a silk purse!

Pentax
It still won't be a silk purse!

Might look like one Though! ;-P

Dendo

This is a great adventure for you Pentax and this board is amazing in the sense that a lot of people are cringing but at the same time genuinely trying to help.

As for me - I have done too many crazy things to even begin to comment other than to wish you well and hope it will turn out okay.

Meanwhile I wanted to remind you of another Greek who wanted gold.....

Midas

Midas was a king of Phrygia. He pleased the god Dionysus so much, that he offered to grant whatever Midas should wish for. Midas didn't have to think twice. As the simplest plan for the constant replenishment of the royal treasury, he asked that everything he touch be turned to gold. Arching a godly eyebrow, Dionysus went so far as to ask if Midas were sure. To which the king instantly replied, "Sure I'm sure." So Dionysus waved his pinebranch sceptre and conferred the boon.

And Midas rushed back home to try it out. Tentatively at first, he laid a trembling fingertip upon a bowl of fruit and then a stool and then a wooly lambkin. And when each of these had been transmuted in a trice into purest gold, the king began to caper about like the lambkin before its transformation.

"Just look at this!" he crowed, turning his chariot into a glittering mass of priceless-though-worthless transportation. "Look what daddy can do!" he cried, taking his young daughter by the hand to lead her into the garden for a lesson in making dewy nature gleam with a monotonous but more valuable sheen.

Encountering unexpected resistance, he swung about to see why his daughter was being such a slug. Whereupon his eyes encountered, where late his child had been, a life-size golden statue that might have been entitled "Innocence Surprised".

"Uh oh," said Midas, and from that point on the uh-oh's multiplied. He couldn't touch any useful object without it losing in utility what it gained in monetary value, nor any food without it shedding all nutritional potency on its leaden way down his gullet.

In short, Midas came to understand why Dionysus had looked askance when asked to grant the favor. Fortunately, the god was a good sport about it. He allowed Midas to wash away his magic touch in the river Pactolus, which ever after enjoyed renown for its shimmering deposits of gold.

-------------------------

So it might have a happy ending after all.

speedzmaster

Stainless steel gen is better than a rep 18K gold anything.

Luthier

Pentax, you mentioned the factory in China, that make solid gold cases. I know this factory for a long time already, and had many conversations with their manager. They do make cases, if you'll supply precise drawings for their CNC router.

But you know their MOQ, I think...

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/26110119...watch_case.html

gB.
Stainless steel gen is better than a rep 18K gold anything.

+1 gazillion :lol:

Pentax

Luthier hi

I spoke with this guy Heaton and he did not tell me anything about qty for the gold watch

Mybe policy has changed or for the solid gold they can make 1 pc as a unique order.