Sign in to follow this  
Pentax

Rolex President 18K Solid YG Gold Rep

KBH

I gotta admit, I like the shiny one. Looks good with the polished mid links. Either way, it's gooing to look great.

k766_7.jpg

Silverspeed
I gotta admit, I like the shiny one. Looks good with the polished mid links. Either way, it's gooing to look great.

+100000000 ....that looks gorgeous!

Del
:thumbsup2: that looks amazing!

Pentax
Hi Pentax,

Been following your story and have been eagerly awaiting pictures. Looks fantastic. Can,t wait to see end product. Will you also go for an oyster band?

Giggsy

Yes I am also planning to get the Oyster band ... needs some research though meaning quality of the band because there are all types of qualities

will keep you posted on that project soon

Pentax
+1

Are you getting it sent in bits or all put together? I'd get a pic of everything apart before he sends the different cases, and make sure you get tracking numbers!! lol

:-) yep I am getting it sent in 2 Parts just in case one of the packages encounters a problem if you know my meaning

firstly he sent the Bezel and the Back Cover Today got the Tracking number should have them by Friday I guess other wise Monday

The second package will be sent of Friday so that I can get it on Tuesday or Wednesday

Reason is that we don't want to have 2 packets of the same recepient in the package hub might cause suspicion.

KBH

I just ran across a SG Presidential for sale that makes me wonder about the cost involved here.

Rolex1803s.JPG

This is a solid, 18k. gold ROLEX PRESIDENT (DAY/DATE). reference 1803. The 1640xxx serial dates the watch to 1967. This ROLEX watch is keeping very accurate time after a recent service. The 18k. gold case if free of any dings or major scratches and has NOT been over polished. The correct plastic ROLEX crystal is present. If you wear a ROLEX president, it shows you really have "made it" financially and this watch with a lizard band, is a much more subtle expression. Here is a great original example for only $4950! Bankwire please.

http://www.watchestobuy.com/dd_watches_for_sale.htm

Also, for those that are interested. This web site has a very interesting collection of many old Rolexes. Many of which I have never seen.

Pentax
I just ran across a SG Presidential for sale that makes me wonder about the cost involved here.

Rolex1803s.JPG

This is a solid, 18k. gold ROLEX PRESIDENT (DAY/DATE). reference 1803. The 1640xxx serial dates the watch to 1967. This ROLEX watch is keeping very accurate time after a recent service. The 18k. gold case if free of any dings or major scratches and has NOT been over polished. The correct plastic ROLEX crystal is present. If you wear a ROLEX president, it shows you really have "made it" financially and this watch with a lizard band, is a much more subtle expression. Here is a great original example for only $4950! Bankwire please.

Also, for those that are interested. This web site has a very interesting collection of many old Rolexes. Many of which I have never seen.

That is $2000 More for a Watch with Plexi glass older than my grand father & Fluted bezel I want "domed"

So I get the same Watch for $2000 Less newer shape sapphire Crystal,Gen Used Crown and Gen Dial the only difference is the SWISS ETA? I have Gen Other watches with SWISS ETA's that i spill over 3- 4 K does that degrade those watches?? and please don't tell me that Rolex had better Analogue Milling Machinery in the 60's than Today's underground manufacturers cnc Routers connected to Digital Computers

it all has a perspective way you look at it

I have been treated very silly about this purchase but i am looking at it from a certain point of view its not the Gen Purse that is made of Silk , for me its the purse that is made out of silk that looks like a specific Gen purse made out of silk that i have been wanting ;-)

KBH not offending you Mate just speaking to the General Public

warcelo

Totally agree with Pentax! ;)

KBH

I understand and agree with you in that your watch is better looking and also it's the watch that you want. But it's easy to change the bezel and crystal on these old ones and you've still got one that will always maintain it's value. In fact it will probably increase. Yours is going to be awesome but I'm afraid you might be disappointed when you try to sell it.

Believe me, I'm almost as excited to see how it turns out as you are. By the way, gold was up another $55/oz today.

Pentax
I understand and agree with you in that your watch is better looking and also it's the watch that you want. But it's easy to change the bezel and crystal on these old ones and you've still got one that will always maintain it's value. In fact it will probably increase. Yours is going to be awesome but I'm afraid you might be disappointed when you try to sell it.

Believe me, I'm almost as excited to see how it turns out as you are. By the way, gold was up another $55/oz today.

That is True KBH

The re-sale value is the bad part for sure , but i think like in 2 years gold will be worth more than today inflation wise.

So I will try and enjoy as much as i can and I am sure that If i ever decide to sell it there will be a buyer for it .... but there are a lot of If'sss

My main anxiety is firstly to get the watch.

its like 35gr of Solid 18K I am sure that I could get a good price for it at some stage if i get bored or think of upgrading.

thanks guys for your posts

turnipz

I think people spend 4-5k on watches that probably wont maintain their value all the time, and heck people spend 1-2k on single articles of clothing and purses. Other people buy new cars when buying something a year older is 3k cheaper. I guess its all relative. at least you wont have to have a used watch.

Pentax

Today I received the Case back Cover and the Bezel and they look just fine to me

weighed them on a special scale 15 gr. together

IMG_1448.jpg

IMG_1447.jpg

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1449.jpg

IMG_1450.jpg

IMG_1451.jpg

I might be getting the watch casing later on today or maybe tomorrow

KBH

Looks good.

Maybe I'll buy it from you when you decide to get a real one. :)

Pentax
Looks good.

Maybe I'll buy it from you when you decide to get a real one. :rofl:

;-)

Thanks KBH

Member X

James Bond 6538 sub for $55k?!

http://www.watchestobuy.com/images/Rolex6538s.JPG

This is the THE JAMES BOND ROLEX SUBMARINER. The reference 6538 BIG crown ALL ORIGINAL from 1958. The unpolished and original case measures 37.5mm. and retains the correct 6538 bezel and insert. The handset is completely original to the watch. This watch was purchased from the original owner in NOVA SCOTIA Canada. As you can see from the inscription on the rear, this watch has military provenance; with the owner a (Lieutenant), affiliated with H.M.C.S. STADCONA, a Canadian forces naval engineering school in Halifax Nova Scotia. He purchased this watch in EUROPE in 1958 and was the sole owner. Interestingly, we find some 6538 submariners purchased in EUROPE have reference 5510 dials and the correct, corresponding caliber (5510) 1530 movement. Some have debated this movement/watch combination for the 6538. Rolex often parts they had in stock often in the early years, using up old stock in newer models or when servicing watches. We know for certain this an original owner watch and NOT "put together" so, one must decide. The suntanned, lustrous brown dial is superb-evenly aged right through and is without ANY spotting. This is a primo example $55,000. Bankwire please.

They've got some nice pieces on that website, though, even the newer stuff, although they are quite expensive compared to some of the other prices I've seen.

Pentax

The Watch has Finally arrived

I could not imagine it to be better ... its just like the Real thing Solid !

only thing is that I have not properly pressed the bezel because the watch will be sent for water proofing but for now I will enjoy it and send it later

IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1463.jpg

IMG_1465.jpg

IMG_1467.jpg

IMG_1468.jpg

IMG_1469.jpg

IMG_1471.jpg

IMG_1473.jpg

IMG_1474.jpg

IMG_1481.jpg

IMG_1482.jpg

dingle

HAWT DAMN! :lol:

looking good!

Akira

Lovely

Great it worked out so well!

Enjoy it! :lol:

greg_r

Looks damned good!

trailboss99

Congrats mate!

Lookin' goooooood!

andygt

Looking good mate! Glad it all worked out for you:)

speedzmaster

Shouldn't the lugs be drilled? :lol:

The Watch has Finally arrived

I could not imagine it to be better ... its just like the Real thing Solid !

only thing is that I have not properly pressed the bezel because the watch will be sent for water proofing but for now I will enjoy it and send it later

IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1463.jpg

IMG_1465.jpg

IMG_1467.jpg

IMG_1468.jpg

IMG_1469.jpg

IMG_1471.jpg

IMG_1473.jpg

IMG_1474.jpg

IMG_1481.jpg

IMG_1482.jpg

speedzmaster

Actually, I don't think the lugs are shaped correctly. :lol:

Cyclops needs more mag.

Hands are too short.

DJ.jpg

Pentax
Actually, I don't think the lugs are shaped correctly. :lol:

Cyclops needs more mag.

Hands are too short.

I don't know , looking from pictures etc.. i think that it looks all the same model case number is 18238 if you google it you will find that the style and design is the same .... many presidents were made so there could be a variety of styles just like the sub ;-)

Re: cyclops maybe does but i think that difference is small if it will bother me later I will buy a gen Crystal ;-)

andygt

The lugs are not drilled on any of the gold day-dates I've looked at.

All the rest looks ok too at least it looks pretty spot on to the day-date pictures here anyway: http://www.blowers-jewellers.co.uk/rolex.htm