Sign in to follow this  
Pentax

Rolex President 18K Solid YG Gold Rep

Pentax
Actually, I don't think the lugs are shaped correctly. :lol:

Cyclops needs more mag.

Hands are too short.

DJ.jpg

ps you are comparing 2 different watches...

yours is a Date just model with smooth bezel

Mine is a President Day date with a domed bezel

I think your model is a 1620 Serial

speedzmaster

andygt

Speedz DJ isn't a gen either, Pentax.

Better to look at gens to make any comparisons (if you care)

speedzmaster
Speedz DJ isn't a gen either, Pentax.

Better to look at gens to make any comparisons (if you care)

Everything you can see in that photo IS gen Rolex...other than the hands.

andygt

It's the hands you are saying are wrong!

trailboss99

Yup, totally different watch.

You are comparing apples with oranges Speedz.

They are about as alike as a neutron star and any old lump of degenerate matter.

The same but different.

Col.

speedzmaster
It's the hands you are saying are wrong!

Compare my hands to a gen. They are the same length.

prestigewatchco

No doesn't need drilled lugs that is prehistoric and was stopped about 20 years ago.

Lugs do look a little thick though from top to bottom but that could be the camera angle

Hands are definitely short though hour hand should touch inner edge of baton and minute hand should reach outer edge completely covering baton

Date wheel is wrong also should be closed 9 with that bezel Cyclops is not great on crystal either although these can be misleading in pictures.

You were always going to have to do some fine tuning thats inevitable overall the watch looks fine though

Here is a link to baton dial President the one before was a diamond dial and have different hands because of the hight of the markers. You will see here the minute hand completely covers the baton

http://www.blowers-jewellers.co.uk/18ct_Ro...Date_S13217.htm

Pentax
No doesn't need drilled lugs that is prehistoric and was stopped about 20 years ago.

Lugs do look a little thick though from top to bottom but that could be the camera angle

Hands are definitely short though hour hand should touch inner edge of baton and minute hand should reach outer edge completely covering baton

Date wheel is wrong also should be closed 9 with that bezel Cyclops is not great on crystal either although these can be misleading in pictures.

You were always going to have to do some fine tuning thats inevitable overall the watch looks fine though

Thanks Robert for Clearing ;-)

Pentax

I have inspected Several models on line

some yes they have longer hand markers and some have shorter like mine .. so that is still nothing certain that the hands are for sure short ;-)

Baldrick

The only thing you can guarantee with watches, Rolex in particular, is that there is no "de facto" standard for anything, dials / hands / datewheels etc etc....there's no point in sweating these issues, and you will never please all of the people all of the time..'cos one guys short hands are another guy's long ones...one guy sees a gold dial..another guy sees it as champagne, just enjoy the bloody thing and put your hands together and thank your particular Lord that you got what you got...nobody out there will suspect it ain't genuine..unless you try to pass it off on TURF and even they might not notice :thumbsup:

Star

I agree with Baldy and be thankful that your $$$$$ roll of the dice arrived and meets with your satisfaction. And to those that might say that at the end of the day-"it's still just a REP", you can tell them-"Yea...but an expensive one". :)

It does look nice and I hope you wear in good health.

KBH

It's been a known fact for years that the Tudor style hands used building franken DJ's on ETA movements are short. It shouldn't be a surprise.

Other than that, I think it's a magnificent build that you should be proud of. You can always change the crystal to a gen later if that bothers you. It wouldn't bother me in the least. Congratulations Mr. Pentax.

Pentax

Thanks to all for watching and taking part in my post it was a anxious buy for me but now that I have received the damn thing it was worth the wait and angst!

Is a beautiful pc out of solid gold and by looking at it you know that it's for real.

I would like to know if any one can help me does a 18238 take the 20 mm oyster bracelet? Or it only takes the jubilee ?

ryan giggs

Congrats Pentax,

breathing again? looks the biz. I guess the story is not over yet.

giggsy

greg_r

Well done, Pentax. I still think you're insane, but it's a good kinda insane ;)

Great build ;)

Member X
Well done, Pentax. I still think you're insane, but it's a good kinda insane :)

Great build :)

+1 lol :)

Pentax

I will take time to post better Picts for every one will keep you informed

sconehead

You took a chance and it's paid off, I'm happy for you mate...:beer2:

PGL

Hi pentax, I am really happy you finally got your watch. I started reading the whole ordeal and your worries and whatnot and it is a relief to read that you got it. It looks great.

I am not really into gold watches but:

I gotta admit, I like the shiny one. Looks good with the polished mid links. Either way, it's gooing to look great.

k766_7.jpg

This one looks damn great!! It is not exactly gold... it is champagne as someone else posted... I have been looking a bit but there are no reps with this color, right?? Do you know anyone who carries these watches in that color??

Dendo

Well done Pentax, your gamble paid off and I am delighted for you.

Also thanks for the great thread - good story start to end..... and it will keep going...

Conclusion for me.....

...reps are great when the gen/rep price ratio is high but when you are forking out serious cash, I would go for the gen everytime.

Del

Well done Pentax and congrats on a fantastic watch :thumbsup2::wub:.

This has been an interesting thread to follow :blink:.

solkryssare

Congrats Pentax. Looks bloody great! And the leather really makes the watch IMO. Much more classier look than on a gold bracelet.

Pentax
Hi pentax, I am really happy you finally got your watch. I started reading the whole ordeal and your worries and whatnot and it is a relief to read that you got it. It looks great.

I am not really into gold watches but:

I gotta admit, I like the shiny one. Looks good with the polished mid links. Either way, it's gooing to look great.

k766_7.jpg

This one looks damn great!! It is not exactly gold... it is champagne as someone else posted... I have been looking a bit but there are no reps with this color, right?? Do you know anyone who carries these watches in that color??

Pgl

Thanks mate

The watch in the picture is model 118208

My watch is 18238 I made a mistake when I ordered it mine is a model older the lugs are brushed and not polished the side casing of mine is a bit thinner too

If you would like any info don't hesitate to pm

Congrats Pentax. Looks bloody great! And the leather really makes the watch IMO. Much more classier look than on a gold bracelet.

Thanks Sol!