Sign in to follow this  
lexusnexus87

LF: Planet Oceean Liquidmetal from Noob factory. Suggestions?

lexusnexus87

Hi All,

Has anyone bought a Planet Ocean 42mm Liquidmetal Limited Edition 1:1 from Noob factory recently? I am looking to buy one from a repultable dealer. Any suggestions?

I can report that Trusty Time and Toro Bravos (http://www.torobravos2014.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=37_128_129&product_id=843) are currently out of stock. Although, TB currently has the Swiss ETA movement, I am looking for the Asian movement version.

Also, in your opinion, does the Noon factory version look the closest to gen? To me, movement is not as important as looks for this particular model. From my reading, I understand that it's usually a toss up between the Noob and BP versions as to which looks closest to gen. Opinions/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

:)

Kemist

I had one Noob's version and it was outstanding!

Try Watchinternational or Marvellous Replica, they might be able to get you some.

You're safer with an Asian 2836-2 movement, than a "swiss" version.

Edited by tkhiem

greg_r

Dealers do not generally carry stock of anything but the most popular models (and often not even then).

All you can do is try around the dealers to see if someone knows a wholesaler who still has a couple left.

Have a read of this while you're at it: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=67090

burgemaster

Hi Lexusnexus87,

I waited two weekd for ToroBrovo to get stock, he didnt email be back after two weeks when asking if he had the stock. He said that there wont be any more stock after this last batch and he will be getting the last batch. BUT...

Ive juts purchased a LMPO from Ryan at InTime. Ive made payment but havent got anything back yet, he said three days before he gets it from the factory and I get the QC pics.

Ive been downloading every LMPO i can from this forum ready to do my comparisons! Ive been reading all the possible defects to look out for but im really worried as people are pointing out flaws they see and I just cant spot them!! (apart from one with the 6`o clock marker upside down lol)

I know it wont be perfect, but from reading others problems, I think im going to look out for...

1) the lume painted badly and bumpy

2) The 12 markers twisted or wonky or one of the numbers twisted.

3) The face not with an uneven finish.

4) Markers upside down!

5) The cut out for the date window not even or looks like its cut out of cardboard

6) the 1 in the 12 too far to the left

CANT WAIT !!!

And heres a big gen image ill use to compare...

image_10.jpg

jelskan

Is Ryan a TD? Anyone have his email address?

Ishmael

Is Ryan a TD? Anyone have his email address?

Not a TD here, but he is next door at RWI.

Shaqv2

Noob LMPO is good, but I wasnt impressed with the bracelet that came with it.

Left Coast Guy

Just an FYI, but Ofrei just recently got stock of the 8500 series dials (i.e. the version with the metal Omega logo) if you're not happy with the dial

mnexis

Why not consider a noob 42mm ceramic po instead?

court

Bezel fade. That's why not.

lexusnexus87

The 42mm Omega Planet Ocean Ceramic by Noob Factory with Asian 2836-2 movement is the second watch that I have my eye on, and now, it is the one I am likely to buy. After emailing several TDs, I can report that Trusty Time, Toro Bravo, Military Time, Watch International, Marvellous Replica, and Perfect Clones are out of the 42mm Omega Planet Ocean Liquidmetal by Noob Factory with Asian 2836-2 movement.

Surprisingly, when I emailed Perfect Clones to ask if either the Noob CrPO or LMPO were available, I received an interesting reply from Joshua, he wrote:

"Both are not avail.

Also the planet ocean from Noob is a rubbish watch . they copy theirs using a BP replica.. a rep of a rep.. Don't bother consider it . Also Noob does not provide service and parts backup .. Once sold .. we .. ie. you and I .. we are both on our own.

Better dont consider Noob watches these days."

Another member received a similar reply and noted it in post #46 of this thread: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=69284&st=40

I am wondering if I should heed Joshua's warning about Noob products or take it with a gain of salt. I am inclinded to do the latter, but any opinions?

For those who own or have seen the Noob CrPO irl, would you say that the faded bezel is a dead give away? Also, does the bezel fade more over time? Thanks in advance.

Cheers

jelskan

strange - I emailed toro yesterday and he says the noob LMPO is in stock!

conx

Ignore Josh. He is known to always slag off noob - he doesn't use them so tries to put you off them to get the deal for a watch from a supplier he can supply.

If you want noob, keep trying and forget josh and Andrew at trusty.

Walesy

I am after the 45.5mm Orange/Pumkin ceramic PO, I found it from a TD on RG....Andrew don't supply them. Toro has got back to me to say he has them in stock so I will be ordering from him, I prefer to use TD's on here.

burgemaster

oh no, got my QC shots but im unsure if its the camera shot or a defect. The date cutout looks terrible!!!!

Im really hoping im ok to put a massively clipped shot of JUST the date cutout just to see if its the camera causing it?

If not i can remove staright away..... please help!!

7eRsP5.jpg

NFleischer

The 42mm Omega Planet Ocean Ceramic by Noob Factory with Asian 2836-2 movement is the second watch that I have my eye on, and now, it is the one I am likely to buy. After emailing several TDs, I can report that Trusty Time, Toro Bravo, Military Time, Watch International, Marvellous Replica, and Perfect Clones are out of the 42mm Omega Planet Ocean Liquidmetal by Noob Factory with Asian 2836-2 movement.

Surprisingly, when I emailed Perfect Clones to ask if either the Noob CrPO or LMPO were available, I received an interesting reply from Joshua, he wrote:

"Both are not avail.

Also the planet ocean from Noob is a rubbish watch . they copy theirs using a BP replica.. a rep of a rep.. Don't bother consider it . Also Noob does not provide service and parts backup .. Once sold .. we .. ie. you and I .. we are both on our own.

Better dont consider Noob watches these days."

Another member received a similar reply and noted it in post #46 of this thread: http://www.rwg.bz/bo...pic=69284&st=40

I am wondering if I should heed Joshua's warning about Noob products or take it with a gain of salt. I am inclinded to do the latter, but any opinions?

For those who own or have seen the Noob CrPO irl, would you say that the faded bezel is a dead give away? Also, does the bezel fade more over time? Thanks in advance.

Cheers

OMG- Josh is still shoveling this crap??!! You'd think he would learn his lesson by now.His latest reviews are mostly bad and this makes him just

look ridiculous. It's sad- because he was my got to go for a long time. He used to sell Noob stuff by the barrel and still does to some extent.

There's some political/economic reason for all this, trust me.J & A made a bad judgement call IMO, this feud with Noob and Angus at Puretime has hurt them.

Still, I'm sure he's still doing fine. BTW- here's a Noob CrPO, not a piece of rubbish, nor is the list of Rolex, AP, PAM, Ebel, etc etc.

DSCN0332_zps6efcc7fe.jpg

burgemaster

Thanks NFleischer,

Has the CrPO bezel fading been sorted out now? or did that problem never exist??

mrhoggatt

I currently own this watch. It is my first and only rep purchase so I am no expert to be sure. The only issue I can find with this watch is that although the lume is quite bright when fully charged it does not charge easily and nor does it last very long. I have owned it for maybe six months and have not noticed any bezel fade at all.

I personally think that this watch is a very good rep although I can only compare with photos. I have compared the bracelet with other POs and can say that it is incredibly close. Unfortunately my wrist seems to require a half sized link for proper fitment, trying to find a dealer to purchase, maybe I'll go for the deployment clasp rubber strap instead.

I have considered getting it relumed but don't really have the knowledge about how to get that done...

medezonok

I like this model but I after purchase found that bezel became without indexes and figures. This was the new version.

Haltec

@medezonok

Can you put some pics please.

Thx

Haltec

UmpaHimself

Thanks NFleischer,

Has the CrPO bezel fading been sorted out now? or did that problem never exist??

The first batch had this issue very bad. Both mine and my fathers faded significantly after 1 year.

medezonok

I passed year and indexes disappeared absolutely, I sold them after half a year of use. At that time all was excellent. I will try to make a photo but I don't promise. I bought watch here http://www.kuvarsit-watch.com/

and at that time it was a novelty.

Edited by medezonok

medezonok

Здравствуйте, друзья! Фотографии, которые объявили сейчас здесь.

IMG_20141125_191053.jpg

фотохостинг бесплатный

Edited by medezonok