Sign in to follow this  
ebzen02

Big BK/WM9 SD decision I need to make

ebzen02

So, it will soon be 2 years since I put my deposit for the infamous wm9 SD, and as some can attest it has been very frustrating. I have paid in full but now seriously thinking I want out. So my question is: which watch from BK's lineup would you pick to replace it:

1- DSSD

2- Ceramic Sub

3- GMT

dingle

#2--the sub :picard:

Akira
#2--the sub :picard:

+1

SUB all the way

sconehead

I waited a little less than you have for my LV off him and in my honest opinion, it was worth the wait...keep the faith. Has he given you any recent updates on it's estimated arrival to you?

mspangl

WUB WUB SUUUUUUUUB WUB :picard:

andygt

I wouldnt take any of them to be honest - can he not source any of the wm9 subs any more?

If you fancy selling your pre order place or a partial swap for a wm9 v1 let me know :picard:

KBH

The noob GMT's are all gone.........

I finally asked for and received my money back. I hated to do it since I was way up in the front of the line.

Good luck with the rest of you guys. I hope for your sake BK's got your money and not George.

skintrade

DSSD for me m8 ;)

ebzen02

Luckily BK has my $$. No updates on any. I have 2 spots actually. One is for the WMD9 v3 for my in-law. BK is on vacation so I might wait a bit longer. Just exploring options.

So you guys think the noob factory ceramic sub is nicer than the DSSD..

watchmetick

What am I missing out on? There's a list that I'm not on? Please share a link ;)

KBH
What am I missing out on? There's a list that I'm not on? Please share a link ;)

Trust me, It's a list you don't want to be on. Anyways, it's too late.

Member X

I missed the initial preorder but caught the final 'pay $395 preorder special price now' offer, but after waiting for a while I asked BK to swap most of that to the blue cerachrome sub I've now got, leaving a deposit on the SD in case it ever actually arrives.

I feel bad for BK as he's been let down by George after they were apparently nearly finished making parts what must be a year ago, and nothing seems to have happened since then...

We're all trying to keep the faith but once the worry sets in and people start posting about it, there's only so long till a snowball effect takes place and lots of people want out :lol:

trailboss99

Guys, it will turn up, eventualy.

I'd seel your spot in the que rather than asking for your money back.

You will have no problems in getting full price for it (pluss fees) and that way iot isn't

putting a load on BK.

Col.

josh_w
So, it will soon be 2 years since I put my deposit for the infamous wm9 SD, and as some can attest it has been very frustrating. I have paid in full but now seriously thinking I want out. So my question is: which watch from BK's lineup would you pick to replace it:

1- DSSD

2- Ceramic Sub

3- GMT

I love my BK DSSD. It is a spectacular watch. Perfect spot on rep. Thrilled!

-Josh

Member X
Guys, it will turn up, eventualy.

I'd seel your spot in the que rather than asking for your money back.

You will have no problems in getting full price for it (pluss fees) and that way iot isn't

putting a load on BK.

Col.

I'm happy with what I did as it has given me a watch now, kept me a spot in the SD queue, and given me time to save for the SD, but this is also a good logical way to think about the situation.

I know BK is a stand up guy and will refund you if necessary, I guess it comes down to your confidence / impatience as to whether you want to secure a watch of some sort now or if you're happy to leave it a little longer. It's a difficult thing to judge - we don't want to put BK in a very difficult situation by withdrawing funds unnecessarily that he might have used to secure parts or other watches up front and in advance of payment for them, but we want to protect our investment...

Hang in there a little longer if you can stand it - what's another few months on 2 years? lol

ebzen02

I am thinking of doing what you did and leave a deposit..