Sign in to follow this  
Robin195959

Hublot- is it me?

Robin195959

Or are they ugly, nasty, cheap looking and aimed at footballers and rappers(new money)

markeym3

Hey come on they make some nice watches ,, nice construction ..

20121021_151659-1.jpg

20130714_170445_zpsf488ce89.jpg

20130714_170330_zps1a6abfb7.jpg

Robin195959

Gotta be honest I find their inability to line up bezel screws both comedic and an insult to potential customers.

Gazzla

Or are they ugly, nasty, cheap looking and aimed at footballers and rappers(new money)

I'm with you on this. :Hmmmph:

nev848

Cheap and tacky looking... Just no class in the design.

wimpie007

Gotta be honest I find their inability to line up bezel screws both comedic and an insult to potential customers.

Its not an inability but a designchoice. The portholes in ships that the Hublots get their design from also don't have alighned screws

anfalas

In the main I'd probably agree with you, certainly the F1 versions and the like. I don't think the gummy straps help much either but as markeym3 says there are exceptions......

1843743.jpg

Robin195959

Its not an inability but a designchoice. The portholes in ships that the Hublots get their design from also don't have alighned screws

Oh silly me. Sorta like twisted Levi jeans? Do they charge £5k for those too?

Robin195959

Come on guys this is usually a very exciting polarised debate.

markeym3

In the main I'd probably agree with you, certainly the F1 versions and the like. I don't think the gummy straps help much either but as markeym3 says there are exceptions......

1843743.jpg

I like this , its nice to see a different construction , I'm also not a big fan of some of them but these are nice ..

Robin195959

Poor mans AP ROO which is attired 70's design.

*a tired*

anfalas

AP man eh, emm that makes sense ;)

Robin195959

Wrong!!! Don't like them either but at least they're well made by a company with a pedigree.

anfalas

Wrong!!! Don't like them either but at least they're well made by a company with a pedigree.

....oh well, at least that's two of us that hate AP's :lmao:

Robin195959

I'd really like to hear what people think are the unique features that make someone think "I have to own this Hublot".

Vreds

I'd really like to hear what people think are the unique features that make someone think "I have to own this Hublot".

The only Hublot I ever wanted to own was the all black one. It was interesting in what I then thought was a unique way. These days I know much more (no, not really) about watches so I have left this brand behind me and never looked back. Feels good.

Robin195959

....oh well, at least that's two of us that hate AP's :lmao:

Quite amazing how AP have churned out a million variants of Gerald Genta's 70's design

Jooost

Not a Hublot fan nor do I want to own one. But I do respect Carlo Crocco for what he did with Hublot. Relatively young brand going against the older famous brands. Together with smart marketing he did set up a brand where most people do know Hublot, but not AP/Pam/B&R etc.

But again, none of the models of Hublot do appeal to me personally...

Robin195959
Not a Hublot fan nor do I want to own one. But I do respect Carlo Crocco for what he did with Hublot. Relatively young brand going against the older famous brands. Together with smart marketing he did set up a brand where most people do know Hublot, but not AP/Pam/B&R etc.

Good assessment. I guess ugly can succeed with good marketing and gullible punters.

Jooost

Good assessment. I guess ugly can succeed with good marketing and gullible punters.

Yes, just look at what they sponsor. Football, Formula 1, Skiing, and then some individuals. It is smart what they do...

And I guess there are people who actually like their watches. But hey, that is my 2 cents.

RUSH2112

With so many other (better IMO) choices I'm not sure why anyone would buy a gen hublot.

PhillyRock

I've seen maybe one or two I find Decent, but that's about all.

I can only congratulate those that are excited to wear one, and wish 'em the best because

I certainly won't put one of those on. To each their own taste.

Corv99

some are crap ( OK many), but some are really nice looking and also quality reps,

classic case of getting one out of curiosity and love it! same happened to me with Pams

RevoWution

Agreed. I reckon the entire Hublot lineup is butt ugly as well...

N.Rico

well i admit that are good watches and kind diferents ,very famos also ,

but there is no love at all in me for hublots .