Sign in to follow this  
Robin195959

Hublot- is it me?

Robin195959

Bit disappointed with the lack of Hublot lovers. Was looking forward to a good joust. Ah well perhaps the western time zone guys can provide some interesting debate for tomorrow night.

psantos1091

They basically have 7750 movements made with unique metals.. To me that will never justify their price. Well that was the last time I checked, they may have new in-house movements but still not for me.

Ant0702

Too gauche in my view, although the Morgan Aero Bang Titanium is pretty well balanced. Cliched, but I do Prefer the APs.

Thats my two penneth......

markeym3

I had one (see earlier post) it was very well made, wore very well, and looked better in the flesh ,, but I no longer own it ,, Maybe there is not much love for Hublot because they are so different.

But to comment on the earlier post about marketing , yes very well done you see it everywhere even F1 today with Ferrari ,,

But then (dare I say) look at Rolex , yes I like the look of the sub and the gmt ,, but there are better/as good as brands out there and look at there marketing too ,,

Of course it wouldn't do for all to like the same watches I suppose this is why there is so much choice..But dare to dip into the Hublot brand and you maybe surprised.

KarmaToBurn

I don't personally find them attractive but this beast does hold some appeal for my inner dive watch fanatic.

Hublot-Oceanographic-4000.jpg

myaz

The nature of the design, unlike that of AP, makes it hard to align the screws. This has been a sticking point with Baldrick and even he can't get Hublot to mind!!!

A few of their models look good, but for me, too many external screws that can loosen, trap dirt or go wrong.

UmpaHimself

They make some really nice looking watches and some really tacky shit. Love mine though, my collection wouldn't be the same with out it.

15196937266_5ee841f854_c.jpgHublot King Power Foudroyante "All Black" by tylerswatches, on Flickr

Daywatch

Daylight rapper and nighttime footballer - or none of those. I don´t mine wearing mine once in a while, one of the very best metal bracelets around, even could imagine one in rosegold.... Hublot = porthole or bullseye window, the same inspiration that led Gerald Genta to create the original Nautilus and Royal Oak designs, gives the the Hublot a similar shape because, well a porthole is just a porthole, basically they look the same :lmao:

IMG_1460.jpg

H800L1050666.jpg

IMG_2136.jpg

HUFCIMG_1723.jpg

RevoWution

That blacked out King Power looks good tbh. Better than the rest of Hublot's lineup...

I'd take an AP over a Hublot. Especially the AP Arnold Legacy. That 48mm beast is growing on me :)

Simms

A lot of Hublot hate around here! I personally love Hublot and actually hate, with a passion, PAM...I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to like the look of a PAM; everyone seems to go crazy for them but I just don't see it.

We all have a our tastes and as long as we're happy and comfortable wearing what we like than its all good. That's what this hobby is all about. One thing I have noticed is that tastes do change. I also wasn't crazy about Breitling but lately have been bitten by the super ocean heritage line.

RevoWution

Definitely agree with the tastes changing. When I joined RWG (and RWI), I was after a PO 8500 rep. Fast forward a few weeks; I have a Sub-C rep on my wrist lol. Disliked Rolexes in general, but the Sub-C and new SD 4000 have both grown on me. So much that a gen SD 4000 is my holy grail.

I never liked PAMs before joining the forums here either, but I'm loving them now. PAM 111N next methinks :)

Edited by RevoWution

myaz

Agree with taste changing as well.

I never got PAMs before this board as well, but dang it if they did not insidiously grow on me, beckoning to fill 3 slots in my box, and they did.

Frankt8242

Perhaps the fact that Kim Kardashian, Paris Hilton, and Monica Lewinski, were all given one means something...???.. :hangin:

machiavegli
I don't personally find them attractive but this beast does hold some appeal for my inner dive watch fanatic.

Hublot-Oceanographic-4000.jpg

Man I love wearing this monster. Build quality unbelievable...

-Mach

DR3M3L

I always shit my pants when spotting an 18yro at a club with a Hublot. Even better is those who are telling me it's a gen too but can't answer the question what it's worth. I once met a guy telling me he bought it at 2,000 euro's brand new at a AD...... :lmao: I asked him how he got such a huge discount and he said it's all about his big mouth...... :picard:

stolikat

Not a fan of AP's some ugly shit there. I also dislike most Hublots I have seen however the ice bang has been growing on me...

IMG_0785.jpg

Stuvetjee

I think they are absolute gorgeous...

Really love my Tourbie!

HUBBIER_zps74c7d2df.jpg

sardonix

I like "The King"

dxBTUmf.jpg

GoW13

A lot of Hublot hate around here! I personally love Hublot and actually hate, with a passion, PAM...I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to like the look of a PAM; everyone seems to go crazy for them but I just don't see it.

We all have a our tastes and as long as we're happy and comfortable wearing what we like than its all good. That's what this hobby is all about. One thing I have noticed is that tastes do change. I also wasn't crazy about Breitling but lately have been bitten by the super ocean heritage line.

Definitely agree with the tastes changing. When I joined RWG (and RWI), I was after a PO 8500 rep. Fast forward a few weeks; I have a Sub-C rep on my wrist lol. Disliked Rolexes in general, but the Sub-C and new SD 4000 have both grown on me. So much that a gen SD 4000 is my holy grail.

I never liked PAMs before joining the forums here either, but I'm loving them now. PAM 111N next methinks :)

Agree with taste changing as well.

I never got PAMs before this board as well, but dang it if they did not insidiously grow on me, beckoning to fill 3 slots in my box, and they did.

I have to agree with all of you!

Why hate that much on this company? There are also car brands, food brands or pens, that are too expensive. But as long as people are paying that much money for it, the companies are doing something right.

By the way, who defines which product is "overprized"?

Personally, I found through Hublot to this forum. At that point, I really disliked Rolex and their design. After being about two years into the watch scene, I own a rep DSSD and (hopefully) soon a rep GMT II Master Batman. Tastes can change.

And if someone like or even owns a "butt ugly" Hublot, why not leave him his/her fun with their watch?

By the way (second part and waaay off topic), I like (most) female butts :giggle:

Robin195959

Hey come on guys I'm just tugging your chains. Each to his own I say.

In fact a good friend of mine works for one of Europe's top design houses and he's been assigned to Hublot.

Says it is his best assignment since working with that well known Italian motor giant!!

Yes Quasimodo design also worked with fiat!!!

6C3C1F45-7DC8-42DA-9004-A08E29396F18_zpsfq10m14z.jpg

GoW13

If that is Quasimodo, than this is Ephialtes :giggle:

welder-k37-6500-cs-bk-rd3-.jpg

Robin195959

Didn't know Hublot made for 3rd parties.

sconehead

...my only Hublot...I consider this version a 'dress' watch...it's hard to show in the pics, but in real life the different textures really make it 'pop'...

6738624995_dae92d7f34_b.jpgDSC_0464a by sconehead12, on Flickr

6738622751_62ec94aecd_b.jpgDSC_0460a by sconehead12, on Flickr

6738789641_b57bf09f8c_b.jpgDSC_0445a copy by sconehead12, on Flickr

ag69

What the fuck is that?? A 3 eye monster!!

afrowillson

Hublot do make some nice looking watches, but every day i look into my watch case and think to my self 'WTF was i thinking' when i bought the big bang king ferrari 'salmon'.

20141007_114635_zpsdix5aqsm.jpg