Sign in to follow this  
elmerlo

Seiko Monster SRP307K1 from CreationWatches

elmerlo

Hi guys,

bought the second watch from Creation last week, arrived today, but I have to say that I have doubts, so I ask the Seiko experts here.

The model in question is the SRP307K1 "Monster", works ok, but there's a major problem on the dial: indexes badly off!!! :(

Plus, the set of Seiko documents received doesn't match the ones I got for my SUN019P1 bought on Ebay from Tempus Maximus (no warranty certificate/card), but that might be due to the fact that Singapore sets are different from european ones (?!?).

Opinions welcome:

DSC_0034-mod_zpsbf4066cd.jpg

Edited by elmerlo

dalboy

They don't rep these ........

Do they .?

Maybe a second ..

Dal.

narikaa
:giggle:

andyboy

Won`t be a fake coming from Creation,looks like badly place indeces.Send it back to them and ask for a replacement.

I rarely get documents from Creation other than the user manual which is soemtimes genuine or a photocopy.

Mazz
Won`t be a fake coming from Creation,looks like badly place indeces.Send it back to them and ask for a replacement.

I rarely get documents from Creation other than the user manual which is soemtimes genuine or a photocopy.

This

rawbaws

I agree with all of the above although I did notice Tim has titanium citizen Quartz watches on his photo gallery for only a little less then gen from grey market dealers... Really made me think where these watches on bulk would end up

vito1

This

Agree!

elmerlo

OK, got it.

Apparently I have been there too long and caught the "seen this on Ebay. Is it a rep?" bug :P

nev848

To put your mind at rest I have a Gen Ball DeepQuest that the indexes are off. You align the twelve and the six is off about half a click as is the nine.

38160c2160465ed3d83e431af47fb2bd_zps8e420c6b.jpg

elmerlo

Looked for some informations around and it's a common problem on the "K" watches.

From what I learned, the SRP307J is made in Japan, the SRP307K in Singapore/Korea. While there are some "K"s around with misaligned chapter rings, it seems that this problem does not affect the "J"s.

MetalMickey

Maybe explains why Creation manage to sell them so cheap... there have been rumours they are seconds or QC fails over at WUS. Seikos are normally solidly built and line up perfectly, unusual to see one that is off.

elmerlo

I ordered a 307J, so I will be able to compare and let you know.

KeNnY

wrong thread I wanted to see more pics of the Kinetic diver :lol:

andyboy

I must have had near on 40 Seiko`s from Creation and not a single problem.

I have had 2 from Amazon and one of them was DOA.

The J model refers to being made in Japan

BenjaminButton
I must have had near on 40 Seiko`s from Creation and not a single problem.

I have had 2 from Amazon and one of them was DOA.

The J model refers to being made in Japan

40 ........ That just makes feel inadequate and inadequacy leads to purchases...... I hope your proud of yourself!

NFleischer

I wouldn't be that concerned, without the lines drawn, no one will notice that. It's a $200 watch.

But, if it bothers you - send it back.