Sign in to follow this  
ryaku

Asian 2824 keeps running with crown in setting position

ryaku

Unless, of course, ryaku messed with the balance assembly and is not willing to assume it!! LOL

Yes, it is possible indeed :)

ryaku, in case you did touch the balance assembly (willingly or not), make sure you re-installed it in the correct position, so that the impulse jewel correctly fits the pallet fork's fork. Refer to the enclosed picture.

I didn't touch it. I am fully aware it is a very delicate part and not so easy to reassemble.

A hair or something may of got in there whilst you had the watch open?

Absolutely yes, it is possible. :(

10:10 Watch Repair

Unless, of course, ryaku messed with the balance assembly and is not willing to assume it!! LOL

Yes, it is possible indeed :)

ryaku, in case you did touch the balance assembly (willingly or not), make sure you re-installed it in the correct position, so that the impulse jewel correctly fits the pallet fork's fork. Refer to the enclosed picture.

I didn't touch it. I am fully aware it is a very delicate part and not so easy to reassemble.

A hair or something may of got in there whilst you had the watch open?

Absolutely yes, it is possible. :(

Fix the hairspring before looking for hairs.

ryaku

Not really sure I know what to do here.

10:10, should I remove the balance assembly and put it back again (in the proper way of course)?

Thanks again

GenTLe

As explained the stop lever fix was successfull but after one night the movement stopped running and now I can see the balance wheel is stuck and doesn't oscillate anymore. I can move it in one direction but it is completely blocked in the opposite way.

Keyless work is fine, I can set the time, wind the movement and change the date.

As said it doesn't oscillate anymore, at all.

No idea what might be wrong. Any suggestion?

Thank you !

IMG_20141108_054751.jpg

IMG_20141108_054813.jpg

Yikes! What have you done to that poor hairspring?

GenTLe

Not really sure I know what to do here.

10:10, should I remove the balance assembly and put it back again (in the proper way of course)?

Thanks again

Yes, definitively. Remove it (trying, after you delicately lifted a bit the balance cock with a screwdriver near the screw location, to grab delicately both the balance cock and the balance itself -but not the spring-), put it down upside-down (hairspring in the upper part) and check what's going on there.

10:10 Watch Repair

Yikes! What have you done to that poor hairspring?

It's probably caught on the regulator which was moved. A regulator is not supposed to touch the hairspring when the roller jewel is centered. There should be enough space so the hairspring with be free when centered and touch the right and left side of the regulator when in motion. Rarely are the clone movements (or Swiss out of the box for that matter) adjusted correctly so that happens.

GenTLe

A regulator is not supposed to touch the hairspring when the roller jewel is centered. There should be enough space so the hairspring with be free when centered and touch the right and left side of the regulator when in motion.

Thanks! This is something I completely didn't know!

ryaku

Thanks everyone for the precious suggestions, I didn't have time to attempt a fix these days unfortunately not enough spare time