Sign in to follow this  
Odyseus

Ebay fake??

Odyseus

This guy is selling a so called ETA2836, but crap photo's i cant tell. Then i noticed he is selling Gen Rolex GMT

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rolex-GMT-II-Ceremic-Black-Bezel-/321548227779?pt=UK_Jewelery_Watches_Watches_MensWatches_GL&hash=item4addc494c3

Again crap photo's and the GMT hand has been positioned so you can't tell what the hand stack is :) Also seller has few sales so I reckon its definately a fake!!!

Odyseus

oh and the chinese writing on the calender wheels looks suspect on an ETA??

MetalMickey

If it was really £5k's worth of Rolex surely he's take some decent pictures of the bloody thing...

Odyseus

reported the cock

If it was really £5k's worth of Rolex surely he's take some decent pictures of the bloody thing...

Quite!! reported the cock :)

MetalMickey

Me too.

BentleySharp

Yea, Just a handfull of trash-ass faraway shots of this "genuine" Rolex.

And 3 poor suckers have already pushed the bid up to 2,755 pounds.

...I always wonder about what kind of people bid multiple thousands of dollars, on Ebay, on an item with pictures so poor you can't even see the details of the thing they're buying.

Who does this?!?

ImNotFatImFluffy

...I always wonder about what kind of people bid multiple thousands of dollars, on Ebay, on an item with pictures so poor you can't even see the details of the thing they're buying.

Who does this?!?

probably the same people that push things up to retail or 99%, not a deal not worth going to eBay for it, especially if pics are questionable.

g.man

This guy is selling a so called ETA2836, but crap photo's i cant tell. Then i noticed he is selling Gen Rolex GMT

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4addc494c3

Again crap photo's and the GMT hand has been positioned so you can't tell what the hand stack is :) Also seller has few sales so I reckon its definately a fake!!!

Crap photos, but the hand-stack looks correct for a gen to me?

anyone else?

g.man

Odyseus

if it was gen then where are the authorised dealer receipts?

SSTEEL

I spotted that yesterday too John, and like you, checked his other listings, and saw that GMT. I would say that movement is a clone, and that GMT is a rep.

Odyseus

Great minds think alike Mick !!!

MDK

I spotted one of his movements the other day and asked him about it being a clone, I got a rude response.

I asked for a picture of the echron as it was conveniently hidden and I got a really poor quality picture back.

Scam Scam Scam I say

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=88340

Daytona_Dreamer

Who does this?!?

And on top of that there is no sellers feedback history to be found for this seller. I cant tell if the seller has sold anything else on ebay, and it appears not over last year. Who would blindly believe a seller without a track record and spend so much money? Wow. I guess some people love rolling the dice alright.

DR3M3L

It ended.......

Winning bid:

£4,095.00

DAMN!

Paparolf

If you are going to sell something that potential customers cannot touch, feel, hold etc.. All that is left are spot on crisp nice photographs if you cannot be arsed to get that right on a 5k watch the chances are, either it is a fake, or the seller is a dickhead, either way I would avoid and spend my hard earned cash elsewhere.

MetalMickey

It ended.......

Winning bid:

£4,095.00

DAMN!

If I had £4k to spend on a genuine Rolex I would go to my local jeweller and buy one with papers...