Sign in to follow this  
p-lund

wich movement is best ?

p-lund

hello out there ! i have a little movement-question. i´m gonna buy a cheapie daytona. i´ve seen some of them that looks pretty good, and has A 21 J movements. i think it´s much better to buy one of these, as long as they have same case, dial, and bracelet as the 7750 verions. why buy one of these unreliable seconds at six-movements for three times the cost, instead of the A 21 J-version, wich can have the movement swapped for a very low cost when it breaks down. some sites say they have japanese auto movements in the daytonas, and i wonder: if so, what kind of movement(miyota?)are they, and are they supposed to be of better quality and more reliable ? my other question is about the subdial-layout: where do the secondshand rotate if it´s a A21 J ? i guess some sites shows the same pictures, for the A7750, and the A21 J-versions. does the A21 J equipped daytonas always have their own subdial- layout, or does it vary ? does anyone know if there´s a seconds at nine-version of the beautiful everose daytona, and in that case, where to get it ? is there a noob-version of the rolex gmt-master ss/gold, with green dial and bezel ? hope someone can help me out.

Aren

Greatly appreciate this information. I have been reluctant to ask some of the basic movement questions. Everyone here is so knowledgeable. I was trying to figure out the movements with research rather than ask the fundamentals. This is a great reference. Thanks !

Edit: oops. I thought I posted this comment on Greg's movement info link!

dingle

The 21j is a good movement, but the sub dials and chrono will be faux.

Movement thread here

replica-watches-guide.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6930

greg_r

Most of the 21J Daytonas do have running secs@6, although the chrono hand will continually sweep as well. They're generally pretty reliable provided you get a good one to start with.

The other alternative is quartz, although the guys here shouted at me when I suggested I might buy one, so if you go that way, just don't tell 'em! :rofl:

As far as secs@9 goes, I don't know what's currently available - possibly one of our dealers will be able to advise (Robert?)