Sign in to follow this  
chrisp25

What should I do???

chrisp25

Hi guys ,

First of all I want to thank you all for helping new guys like me that doesn't know a thing.So I took your advices (start reading etc.etc.) learned few things ,I choose the TD that he helped me more with my questions and finally I decide with which rep i want to start and send him the money with West Un.After few days the QC pics came , watch looks good for me (21j) gain around 10-12 secs but thats ok but the problem is the hands.it supposed to be black but is blue.So what should I do now? I'm asking your help because I saw a thread named bad quality and has a lot of different opinions about the QC pics etc.

Thanks

fattyboy

Have you told the TD about this problem?

myaz

If watch gains 10-12 secs per day, then that means you received it and that's the end of the story. You can paint the hands black.

If you had noticed blue hands in the QC pics, sometimes that's not real apparent in QC pics, you could have asked about it then.

It's one of these things about reps, nothing's ever gonna be perfect, and that is often irritating.

Daywatch

Sometimes You discover the gen was made with black or blue hands too. If it didn´t bother You before it should be fine. 10-12 secs per day for a 21j is very good, some are better but it´s really very well within limits. What watch is it? Pics?

Simms

If I were you I would firstly contact the TD in question and ask about the color. I've noticed myself that in QC pics sometimes the lighting can make it seem that there are different colours within the watch face.

Assuming the watch is still in the TD's possession and you do get a response back confirming that the color is off, then it is within your rights to reject the watch. Unfortunately the process is tedious and a pain in the ass this is where you need to make a judgement call and decide wether or not you can live with this flaw as to avoid further delays in your delivery.

Good luck, I hope it all works out!

chrisp25

Yes guys I told the TD and he confirm that the hands r blue.

Myaz that's a nice advice to paint the hands but first of all I'm so new that I don't know how to open the watch etc etc plus no tools.

Daywatch I can't post the pics cuz is the QC pics and it's against of the rules.

fattyboy

Sometimes You discover the gen was made with black or blue hands too. If it didn´t bother You before it should be fine. 10-12 secs per day for a 21j is very good, some are better but it´s really very well within limits. What watch is it? Pics?

I think what Daywatch is asking is what watch did you buy?

chrisp25

Oh ok.it is a Breguet

myaz

It's "relatively" easy to paint the hands black and that are plenty of tutorials on the subject including youTube videos.

I wouldn't do it as a 1st project unless you enjoy tinkering with small stuff as a hobby. Watch modders here can do it for a reasonable price.

However, better get what you really want in the first place.

BTW, Breguet often have "blued" hands. My gen does

chrisp25

Thank you very much Myaz.i really appreciate your help. I didn't know that comes in blue hands as well.because I order it with black and he send me with blue I was little bit off.

chrisp25

So I think I will go for it and when I learn more and have tools if I want I will paint it.

chrisp25

One more question...I was looking today the tool kit from our forum and I'm thinking to buy it and to support our f or um ofcourse. What do you think about the tool kit?

myaz

That's the spirit.

Col picks high quality items to stock the RWG shop. You will not beat the quality for the money unless you luck into a fire sale from someone who's getting out of the business. That said, you can get cheaper somewhat adequate starter kits on amazon/ebay. Not for serious watch fixin' but would do for getting started.

TK01

Or sell it and order the one u wanted again :) M2M my friend

myaz

One more thing: Google Chrono24. They resell used gen watches. Type in Breguet and that should bring up over 1,000 watches for sale. Look at how many have blue hands.

That's the ones with "Breguet" style hands. The Aeronavale and transatlantique don't.

chrisp25

Thank you very much guys for your help.everyone is so helpful and honestly everyday my journey in this hobby gets more exciting.

Mazz

I'd highly recomend the RWG tool kit quality stuff in there

DR3M3L
I'd highly recomend the RWG tool kit quality stuff in there

Read above!!! Very helpful information!!!

RWG Toolkit, you'll get a LOT of tools for a very bargain price. You will not find any better quality for double the price. This kit got me started and still got 60% of the tools on my bench.

If you want to take a look in your watch, RWG Toolkit. If you want to take your first movement apart, RWG Toolkit. If you want to start watchmaking, RWG TOOLKIT !

Good luck, oh and don't forget to buy the RWG Toolkit!

GenTLe

RWG Toolkit, RWG Toolkit. RWG Toolkit. RWG TOOLKIT ! RWG Toolkit!

You nearly convinced me :D

(Got it after my very 1st rep purchase ;) Now I'm going for more targeted or specific tools)

Jooost

To be honest, I did cheat and bought a small toolkit from a mate of mine for a small price. But I think I'll order the RWG toolkit soon. It is pretty important to have good tools, so you don't scratch the watch! But when I had the kit, I started taking all my watches apart straight away haha! But if you have a bit of technical interest and you enjoy these kinds of things you should be able to these things yourself!

What helped me was videos on youtube etc. to see how other people do it;)

But then again, the blue hands on Breguets are beautiful too!

fattyboy

But then again, the blue hands on Breguets are beautiful too!

+1 i think blue hands makes a watch stands out. Not your everyday black/silver hands

BC1221

It's a 21j.

Live with it for a little while and sell it. You'll want a better rep soon.

Not really worth risking causing more damage trying to paint the hands.

chrisp25

Already I want a better rep.but I did what a good friend said...get one cheap to get it out of your system and then go for something else.

chrisp25

Yes I think the same now.in the beggining I was scared...but I didn't know better.lol