Sign in to follow this  
rda1

Daytona dilemma

rda1

Ok so i need some advice here, the girlfriend has decided to change her tack to "if you cant beat em join em" with regards to my watch buying antics over the last few months which is fine because you cant put a price on a peaceful life. I suggested a nice little explorer 1 or datejust and obviously she disagreed and has decided she wants a new daytona white face stainless steel case/bracelet. Now i dont have a problem getting myself..ahem.. getting her one but i do know having read the reviews that the movements can be problematic, seconds at six/nine etc etc. In your collective opinions do i bite the bullet and pay for a 7750 with the highest beat movement i can find or do i look for 21j with a nice case build and hope for the best? I dont mind paying extra for the better movement but if they are problematic as well then maybe replacing a 21j movement might make sense. The last thing i want is to get her on side and then have to listen to the "i told you they dont work" etc etc. Any advice from happy daytona owners gratefully received!

Edited by rda1

Luthier

The problem is... 21J is not a chrono movement, and anyone, who knows even a little about watches, will see it's a fake.

Suggestion - find Tona with sec@9. Still could be available, just search.

Or replace girl/friend...

:)

Baldrick

Only thing I can say is that I had mine for 2 years with no problems, however I would need to ask the thieving sack of shit Thai that burgled my house last month and stole my Daytona along with my Graham / Montblanc / DSSD / SFSO.. how it's performing now, I hope he's been using the chrono feature to time his robbing activities and it's now fukked up on him, as well as my hopes for a pre-mature death when he's riding away on his Yamaha puddle jumper.

Apart from that I found it to be a good watch :)

dingle
The problem is... 21J is not a chrono movement, and anyone, who knows even a little about watches, will see it's a fake.

+1

check with Robert for the sec @ 9 version.....he may still have some

rda1
Only thing I can say is that I had mine for 2 years with no problems, however I would need to ask the thieving sack of shit Thai that burgled my house last month and stole my Daytona along with my Graham / Montblanc / DSSD / SFSO.. how it's performing now, I hope he's been using the chrono feature to time his robbing activities and it's now fukked up on him, as well as my hopes for a pre-mature death when he's riding away on his Yamaha puddle jumper.

Apart from that I found it to be a good watch :)

Which movement? ....hope he gets bitten by a poisonous snake btw.

Baldrick

A7750, thanks for your wishes, maybe if we can get a few more members to chant that mantra, it may come true :)

rda1

:D

Not an option ;)

DSCF0006.jpg

Member X

Nice catch!

I think she's worth a daytona :D

NFleischer

Pretty lady.

Actually, the 21J at casual look, is not bad. Most people expect to see the large crono hand going around anyway.

As people say, the sec @ 6 model is a problem. I've had 3 and 2 have broken. The 3rd. is great, Two Tone wrapped & works like a charm

for 31/2 years, may actually have a real 7750.

Del

Have a look at my 21j Daytonna here (also in my banner below :unsure:).

Ok, so it doesn't have a working chrono and the big chrono second hand goes round for the normal seconds but will your GF really care? It still looks like a Daytona and is super cool :clap:.

Best bit - only cost $70 delivered :D:beerjump: .

p8033234v2.jpg

Akira

:clap:

+1

check with Robert for the sec @ 9 version.....he may still have some

:beerjump:

+1

check with Luthier for new girlfriend...he may knowes some

Brightlight

She's very nice but girlfriends are ten a penny, better to get one who doesn't want a Daytona than get her a dodgy Daytona! Are there any quartz Daytona reps out there, that might be a better bet than a 21J? Keeps perfect time and will run without problem till the battery needs changing.

narikaa

21j

&

any watch WIS would naturally think that the dippy female has just left the chrono running (timing her next hairdo or something)

prestigewatchco

Yes get the 21j 90% of the men members don't know how the chrono works so a woman is hardly going to see any advantage

Member X
Yes get the 21j 90% of the men members don't know how the chrono works so a woman is hardly going to see any advantage

andygt

Go for the 21J.

The last two times I've worn my 7750 Daytona friends have helpfully pointed out that the big seconds hand isn't working :)

andygt

Also I think more pictures of your girlfriend would help us help you.

Member X

LOL

alistairw

I definately agree with that, helps get the thought processes working :)

dingle

+1

help us help you. That is what we are here for :)

rda1

Thanks for the advice fellas..Del yours does look great for 70 bucks i think thats the route ill take. And ill hang on to her shes a great girl!

andygt

Demsey
Not an option :irish_dance:

Lordy.

Hey, I have an idea. How about;

6263II.jpg

No, nevermind. It wouldn't be right. It would be totally worth it, but it just wouldn't be right.

mspangl

225 $ for this one.. actually paid 195 dno :irish_dance:

cimg0849nfrp.jpg

rda1
Not an option :irish_dance:

Lordy.

Hey, I have an idea. How about;

6263II.jpg

No, nevermind. It wouldn't be right. It would be totally worth it, but it just wouldn't be right.

Ahh a vintage.. ive got one with a silver face she wears it a lot.

IMG_5304-1.jpg