Sign in to follow this  
roberto

Thai Post to UK

roberto

Hello all,

Been awaiting a package via Thai Post from a trusted dealer. It was via Thai registered post, I have a reference which essentially shows despatch on 8th October, but nothing more..

October 7, 2010

16:35:19 NONG KHAEM Accept

October 8, 2010

12:21:03 NONG KHAEM Items Into Container

October 8, 2010

16:37:47 NONG KHAEM Dispatch

.. anyone any insights into how long things can take to the UK? I've had a few transactions previously and the packages appear in about a week usually.

Any thoughts welcome..

thanks all!

Rob

Member X

This from Robert? They're usually pretty quick but I believe customs can sometimes take a month for no particular reason :irish_dance:

roberto

Thanks MemberX. Yes, it is from Robert.

Understood then if this is not unheard of I'll just be patient. The joys of coming home to check the mailbox :D

Cheers,

Rob

Member X

lol

The trick is to look for what you're going to buy next - takes your mind off the wait for the current one... :D :D

roberto
lol

The trick is to look for what you're going to buy next - takes your mind off the wait for the current one... :rofl: :rofl:

Since your post this morning I'm way ahead of ya! :rofl:

roberto

Well, sadly this one never arrived and it's been nearly six weeks so I've dropped a PM out on it to see if I can still get the watch I wanted..

I'm not sure if it means Customs may of nabbed it, so I read that shouldn't be a problem over here in the UK. I guess a curious thing is that I've had a couple of packages that have said 'signature required' on them (both from Robert and Narikaa, sending in Thai Post envelopes previously) and they have just been posted through the letter box, no signature, which seems a bit odd.

One thing that kind of concerns me is that I think we've got some dodgy postal employees here, I got a catalogue through the post yesterday and the plastic packaging had been ripped conveniently along the spine to see what it was.

Sigh. I guess EMS and a different address from now on. You live and learn I suppose

:thumbsup:

Baldrick
so I read that shouldn't be a problem over here in the UK.

The problem won't be UK Customs, it'll be Thai Customs , they're on and off like a bride's panties, sometimes you get everything no problem, other times you can have everything seized, it depends on how busy they are and what instructions they've had from superiors, if it's been more than six weeks, it's more than likely gone missing due to either Thai Customs or a sticky fingered postal employee.

dingle

this really sucks Rob. I have been in your shoes........and it is truly hard to get over it

roberto
The problem won't be UK Customs, it'll be Thai Customs , they're on and off like a bride's panties, sometimes you get everything no problem, other times you can have everything seized, it depends on how busy they are and what instructions they've had from superiors, if it's been more than six weeks, it's more than likely gone missing due to either Thai Customs or a sticky fingered postal employee.

Interesting to note on that.. cheers.

this really sucks Rob. I have been in your shoes........and it is truly hard to get over it

Oh well. I'll try again!

ebzen02

Why do I feel like I am in a loop?