Sign in to follow this  
MikeAlmighty

When you say "MINT"...

<RJ>

Company firewall blocked that clarification, I noticed the words ladyboy and hard, Might be the reason i believe :boxedin:

Mint contition is an expression used in the description of pre-owned goods. Originally, the phrase related to the way collectors described the condition of coins. As the name given to a coin factory is a "mint", then mint condition is the condition a coin is in when it leaves the mint. Over time, the term "mint" began to be used to describe many different items having excellent, like-new quality.

:coffee:

Necromancer
Yes clarification needed - in Pattaya Thailand it has a whole different meaning

Mint

(Dont open if boss is peering over your shoulder ;))

I knew I shouldn't have looked Reg...

narikaa

I just know that years from now someone offering you a mint is still going to induce an involuntary fear shiver

:giggle:

Not That Rich

Mint

You have scared me for life :tears:

MetalMickey

Mint

Cheers Reg...

I'd be most pissed off if I opened up a jiffy and thatbpopped out wrapped in a paper towel...

Genius

Mint

(DON'T OPEN THIS LINK EVER)

Reg WTF..... Fixed it for you

Paparolf

99.9% of us are honest and straight with our descriptions, and reading the above thread you can see that is the case.

You are always going to get some arse that thinks he can bullshit.

Great thing about the community here, hopefully he will only do it once then get nuked!!

Simms
At least they wrapped it in a towel. I bought a slightly used Bernhardt Binnacle Diver that was tossed into a flat rate box. I was able to scotch Brite it back to very good condition but I was so annoyed. If the seller was stupid enough to do that, he would never understand my frustration so I let it go.

Just imagine how he treated the watch before he unloaded it to you...I'd be so fecking pissed

Mint

Ok, this has just scarred me for life

court

There are standard definitions of descriptors such as 'mint' in record collecting. You'll never stop such things being subjective though. Unfortunately.

At least with a 45 you can tell label condition from a picture (normally) and the vinyl condition from a sound file. Watch conditions are much harder to tell from stills.

Curiously there isn't the Ts and Cs such as "once I've posted it its yours" with most sellers of second hand vinyl and if anything its more fragile.

I agree though a standard set of descriptions would be a start even if just for use on this forum.

fraggle42

110% agree with this thread.

Anyone describing a POS as Mint should have their crown jewels sanded until they're in an identical "mint" condition, grrrr.

Also muppets who describe their watches as "NEW" - no they are not new, they are used, you have used them, even if never taken out of the box, they are not new, you are not the original TD! (unless they are the original TD of course)

And sellers wanting to claw back the postage cost they had to cover because they decided to buy a watch from the other side of the world when they could have waited a week and bought one locally.

Ditto for repair costs, if it's an A21J watch, it's still worth what an A21J movement watch is worth, regardless if you spend $250 at your local jewellers getting it serviced in a dust free, helium filled tent!

narikaa

if it's an A21J watch, it's still worth what an A21J movement watch is worth

No, its worth a goodly lump LESS

Its 2nd hand (or worse)

wqleow

Thanks for bringing up this topic!

I also understand Mint to be fresh out from the packaging. At most worn a few times in the house without any desk dive scratches.

And I think very few watches meet this criteria. These are mostly the catch and release (C&R) ones.

Most watches, having been worn for a few months but with much care, tend to fall in what I would call 'Near new' - this is a term from RWI sales form.

If it's been worn with much more frequency, the term 'Used' is pretty fair.

And if it's beat up, just call it a 'Daily beater'.

Until now, all the above terms should indicate that the watch is still complete and whole. There shouldn't be any missing parts (ie bezel pearl or bezel screw).

If there is, a full disclosure is needed and maybe the term 'Defective' with elaboration on the defect is needed.

Just my 2 cents worth.

James.

Mint means unworn, as received from the td. Anything else described as such is just bullshit. Like mint is fine if you've worn it around the house and you then progress to excellent condition etc etc. If you can't tell from the pics the condition of the watch, probably a pretty big red flag.

MikeAlmighty

Well it's been 4 days and no response or reply...

and I know you've been on here FUCKER! Drag yourself out of your stinking wank station and explain yourself

MikeAlmighty

I hate to be ignored

markeym3

I dont like the word Mint , and the way people say it and how they describe there "mint" car for sale "mint" this and that ,,,

Just say great condition ,, mint means as it was made ...

But then I also don't like ...

"basically"

"work hard play harder"

"a no brainer"

MikeAlmighty

I dont like the word Mint , and the way people say it and how they describe there "mint" car for sale "mint" this and that ,,,

Just say great condition ,, mint means as it was made ...

But then I also don't like ...

"basically"

"work hard play harder"

"a no brainer"

Agreed.

"Kayser" Another word I'm not fond of

RUSH2112

I don't see how a pube-infested item put together with whatever parts are available in a sweatshop can ever be described as mint.

anfalas

I don't see how a pube-infested item put together with whatever parts are available in a sweatshop can ever be described as mint.

Oh I disagree, the pubes keep the movement nice and warm and fully functional in winter :lmao: