Sign in to follow this  
gez45

Swan neck reulator

gez45

Hi, if you have 2 Asian Unitas 17j handwind movements to choose from,but one has Cortes De Geneve bridges and a Swan Neck Regulator,does this make it more reliable than the movement that doesn't have these?, which one you choose? thanks.

KBH

It's all just decoration.

TAGster

Are two different things:

Cotes de Geneve is just the decoration patterning of the movement, bridges mainly.

Swan neck regulator is an adjustment system used to regulate the rate of a watch. This is done by precisely creating return torque for the index using a spring that is shaped like a swan's neck. Combined with a screw balance it is not only decorative.

Talking about rep movements, like KBH said: both are just decorations.

Neither the Cotes of Geneve nor the Swanneck regulator will make a rep movement to be more reliable.

Cheers!

gez45
Are two different things:

Cotes de Geneve is just the decoration patterning of the movement, bridges mainly.

Swan neck regulator is an adjustment system used to regulate the rate of a watch. This is done by precisely creating return torque for the index using a spring that is shaped like a swan's neck. Combined with a screw balance it is not only decorative.

Talking about rep movements, like KBH said: both are just decorations.

Neither the Cotes of Geneve nor the Swanneck regulator will make a rep movement to be more reliable.

Cheers!

Many thanks to you and KBH for prompt replies,I bet you can't guess that I'm really new? lol, but thanks to yourselves and others on RWI my knowledge is improving, cheers.