Sign in to follow this  
lperdido

2008 Omega SMP 300 Chrono (pic heavy)

lperdido

Hi family! I recently had an opportunity to add one of my favorite watches to the heard. It is basically my grail watch and the watch, for who's search, led me here to RWG. Finding out recently that Kuvarsit had these available, I contacted Amanda and ordered one. Transaction went smooth and all in all I had the watch in about two and a half weeks after I paid for it including "National Day" (cough cough... week)

In any event, the watch it self is very nice, It is build like a tank with good weight and very solid case and a tight bezel. Chrono works flawlessly and the watch starts up shortly after I strap it on my wrist and it keeps good time. One particular area that I noticed is quiet robust is the tube and crown area... it does not feel flimsy like the one on my Planet Ocean. I recently wore a new old stock at the AD and this is really close in terms of feel. Now, aside from the obvious tells on the dial like the wrong Omega script with the letters joint at the bottom instead of the middle, the short chrono needles, a very thin red "Seamaster" that can get washed up in the wave dial and absolutely no lume, the dial looks great. LOL. You would really have to be looking hard to see these flaws once it is on wrist. I plan to get a gen dial (currently looking for one) and have the hands and pearl lumed. By the way, the pearl actually looks decent... to me. Case back is ugly and the strap (end links and clasp script) are also not well executed.

So here he is...

15432747537_7e29df9b26_c.jpg

That messy looking thing at two on the outer edge of the bezel is insert glue... not a scratch

15432086009_abf8bed48f_c.jpg

15619584142_dc6b0f3794_c.jpg

15618739085_e4ba0820db_c.jpg

15618741605_1de1d59fb3_c.jpg

A shot with the family

15619572162_f73bc4192b_c.jpg

I have a Chestnut strap incoming from JohnG for the 089 and the PO will probably on a leather strap soon, but overall I am loving my small collection so far.

14998583783_59b18ddb45_c.jpg

Ultimately I plan to get the Titane version of this watch as I have seen them on the 'bay for around $2500 which is very attainable. Other mods that I would consider for this are the polished and inscribed bezel insert with the proper Omega rubber strap which would turn it into this beauty

15620421672_cde46853c3_c.jpg

Omega_guy

I must order one.

It's been 4 years since I sold my genuine one.

Daywatch

one of my alltime favourite stopwatches and Omegas; always wanted it since reading bytors fantastic review (of his totally modded one). Never came around to actually buy it, thanks for this updated review:)

Congrats, wear it well, looking forward to see it around more often

NFleischer

Cool watch! Everyone needs at least one;

DSCN0235_zpse480d950.jpg

UmpaHimself

Love the chrono version. Has really grown on me recently. That PAM is crazy nice too!

Omega_guy

I am going to order one, any advice on which dealer to go with ?

lperdido

I responded to your PM Omega guy. Kuvarsit was able to source it in less than a week after I ordered and paid for it... I don't know who else may have it. Pull the trigger!!!

lperdido

one of my alltime favourite stopwatches and Omegas; always wanted it since reading bytors fantastic review (of his totally modded one). Never came around to actually buy it, thanks for this updated review:)

Congrats, wear it well, looking forward to see it around more often

Thank you Sir,

Love the chrono version. Has really grown on me recently. That PAM is crazy nice too!

It is hard to take that Pam off my wrist, I take it off and put it right back on, incoming strap from JohnD is going to make it sick.

Cool watch! Everyone needs at least one;

DSCN0235_zpse480d950.jpg

The Dial that I need. Very nice.

Omega_guy
I responded to your PM Omega guy. Kuvarsit was able to source it in less than a week after I ordered and paid for it... I don't know who else may have it. Pull the trigger!!!

Oh yes thanks for the reply, I think I will order soon

Dawg

My gen....

D0914FBF-E44A-41DD-B513-711B465E7CE5_zps3m1vcgrd.jpg

Says Hello!

lperdido
My gen....

D0914FBF-E44A-41DD-B513-711B465E7CE5_zps3m1vcgrd.jpg

Says Hello!

That is very nice with the black face. The bracelet is fantastic especially compared to the rep.

sunnydale

Mine says hello!

IMAG0498800x521_zps855af1cc.jpg

Updated AR at the moment...waiting for a good moment to install genuine bezel, dial and hands (well one chrono hand is missing from the package, CousinsUK only had 2).

lperdido
Mine says hello

Updated AR at the moment...waiting for a good moment to install genuine bezel, dial and hands (well one chrono hand is missing from the package, CousinsUK only had 2).

That is going to be darn near gen... definitely super rep. Did you upgrade your band or the end links?

sunnydale
Mine says hello

That is going to be darn near gen... definitely super rep. Did you upgrade your band or the end links?

No, SS is rep, I don't see a need to update it.